• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuhira

I don´t consider anything canon post P4 vanilla,the true ending was the perfect closure imo.
P4G(the epilogue is kinda cool), the fighting games and PQ are great games but i just can´t accept it man..i can´t.

Dantis

My favourite part of Marie's character is how they took a very common anime archetype and thought that alone could pass off as characterisation without any interesting foibles or character traits.

Hey, maybe that's why she has such a crazy design? To distract from her complete lack of personality.

Isn't Trinity Soul not canon.
Correct. Nobody from Atlus worked on it except Soejima, also.

Comparatively, Hashino worked on PxD, hilariously.

My favourite part of Marie's character is how they took a very common anime archetype and thought that alone could pass off as characterisation without any interesting foibles or character traits.

Hey, maybe that's why she has such a crazy design? To distract from her complete lack of personality.

Well they needed something to hawk a new plot angle with.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

Ph79eJS.gif

Vylash

I wonder how many times "I don't like marie" can be reposted with a new shiny cost of paint in here, I should start keeping count

FES, P4G, and Arena are canon for me. I thought Q was canon until it meant nothing.

Ultimax... What, is that the elaborate Mugen mod with the Agent X reject?

Theory as to why True Story was omitted from the Dancing All Night song list post reboot:

Since the setup is about Rise's comeback concert, that's likely how the game will end. Since True Story is the only song Rise actually knows, it will be the final dance in the story for her concert, so it's been omitted from the list to be a final surprise.

Also, I don't think anyone posted this in the thread yet, but it's very likely that you can choose the dancer for each song. The song setup screen:

has two sets of arrows on the charecter customisation options. As Reanimatoin pointed out on IRC, the up/down ones are to change costume, you can see this on the trailer. The left/right ones must therefore be for something else, the only thing that seems likely is to change who the dancer is.

Dantis

I thought that True Story had been omitted because it's complete shit.

Good eye about the song screen. Really hope you're right!

arue

Wait a minute...

Who is this?? Could it be Naoto??? In butler outfit???
tLHAnBc.jpg

I freaked out and immediately thought of P3MC.

FluxWaveZ

That's Kikuno.

has two sets of arrows on the charecter customisation options. As Reanimatoin pointed out on IRC, the up/down ones are to change costume, you can see this on the trailer. The left/right ones must therefore be for something else, the only thing that seems likely is to change who the dancer is.

Yeah, I had considered that when the PV went up. The Amazon Japan P4D page description states that each "Community Fever" duo permutation has unique segments to them. The specifics regarding selectable characters for songs in P4D will be interesting.

Dantis

Wait a minute...

Who is this?? Could it be Naoto??? In butler outfit???
tLHAnBc.jpg

I freaked out and immediately thought of P3MC.

I already pointed this out. :p

Those anime cutscenes looked really bad.

Tofu shop outfit for Rise.

Also, is that a new costume for Naoto? She didn't have a suit before, did she? Unless she has a butler outfit instead of a maid outfit now.

Like I said the other day, I hope they haven't swapped out her feminine outfits for their ale equivalents.

This costume been pointed out yet?

Did Persona 3 Portable get a reprint with a different box art in Europe?

The one listed everywhere online looks like this:

But my one looks like this:

I'm a little upset because the old box art looks so much better.

Must have done. Mine was a day one edition and has the top box art, I didn't realise we got that bottom one at all.

The proper one is still the best though:

Y'all take the concept of canon way, way, way, way, way too seriously

And that's canon

Really, the only reason the concept of canon even matters is for whether or not a thing is going to get a tiny reference or not.

Honestly, with how badly Ultimax got received, I'm wondering why more people aren't trying to hit that with the non canon stick as opposed to trying to hit PQ and DAN with it

CorvoSol

Everything is canon trinity soil is canon femc is canon that one cameo in an itadaki street is canon devil may cry is canon all dmc games are part of the greater megaten timeline and so all games it appears in are part of that timeline so you see marvel vs capcom 3 is part of the timeline ace attorney is part of the timeline xenosaga is part of the timeline and since mega man x is part of the timeline that means Smash bros is part of the timeline and so is metal gear and pac man and sonic and all the zelda timelines

it's all canon you see

~Posted from my padded cell.

Really, the only reason the concept of canon even matters is for whether or not a thing is going to get a tiny reference or not.

Honestly, with how badly Ultimax got received, I'm wondering why more people aren't trying to hit that with the non canon stick as opposed to trying to hit PQ and DAN with it

Because for what it's worth, the story of Ultimax makes sense, I guess. PQ is pretty much a time travelling side note that holds no real value for the story aside from two shoved in OC's, and DAN is a dumb dancing game. If this was me, I'd be discounting all of them.

Sophia

Because Ultimax's story isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be by some users in here. :p

Kindekuma

Banned
To me, all of P4G is canon, and that's it.

Same here, I consider Marie to be canon EVEN though most fans don't like her.
What's weird for me is that I like Marie a lot in the Golden anime adaptation, but like most people I don't really care for her in Golden. I don't hate her, but her "youstupidjerkfaceIhateyou" moments really think that Atlus shoe horned in that tsundere personality a whole lot.

Jintor

So if they're dancing to the songs, the songs must exist in the persona universe to the characters

i wonder if they'll recognise them

"Hey, isn't this that song that always plays when we're fighting in the dungeon?"

"Sounds like a remix to me"

"Oh yeah. Hey remember that time we were fighting that game boss and the normal music got all 8-bit and shit?"

"Trippy. Did we ever find out who was playing the music?"

"Some shadow thing."

"But there's music following us around irl too!"

"...?!?"

Sophia

It's gotta be pretty bad, because most people seem to think it's worse than Arena's and Arena's is way worse than most people give it credit for.

It's really not. The story is disappointing in that some plot points weren't well planned out, but it's not outright bad. There are some pretty good scenes in both games, and Labrys's story is one of the better written ones coming from Atlus as a whole. People tend to exaggerate how bad or good something is.

If you want something that's genuinely bad, go read Persona x Detective Naoto.

In that trailer it's alongside some games that aren't coming out until 2016. All this really tells us is not to expect it before the end of summer.

Also, the vita section for summer includes Tokyo Xanadu, which is out 30th September. So going by the trailer, we're not seeing Persona 5 until October at the earliest.

FluxWaveZ

Also, the vita section for summer includes Tokyo Xanadu, which is out 30th September. So going by the trailer, we're not seeing Persona 5 until October at the earliest.

Maybe, but not necessarily. It could have just been omitted from the PS4 spring/summer lineup showcase because everything that was shown in that section has an actual release date or window (except for Rainbow Six: Siege).

DNAbro

In that trailer it's alongside some games that aren't coming out until 2016. All this really tells us is not to expect it before the end of summer.

What Flux said.

We will probably know the release date within the next two months, I can still see it coming September.

Who here owns (currently owns) and has played P4G on the Vita1000? If so, are you planning to play P4Dan on it? And how do the colours appear for you when you are playing P4G? Did the screen look quite good?

Meia

Who here owns (currently owns) and has played P4G on the Vita1000? If so, are you planning to play P4Dan on it? And how do the colours appear for you when you are playing P4G? Did the screen look quite good?

I bought a white Vita(asscreed bundle) strictly for when P4G came out, but most probably have here too. I COULD play DAN on it(and use my computer speakers hooked up to the headphone jack to output the audio like I did with P4G, but I'd probably rather just Vita TV at this point, cause why not? I mean, the screen made P4G look fine, but it's still a PS2 game, so...

FluxWaveZ

I'm honestly not sure if this is new or not: the Persona 5 PlayStation Japan official product page. I was searching for it yesterday and the day before, but it never appeared in the search bar until now. I'm not sure if something was messing up on my end, or if this is actually new.

Also, related to that new promo video, the promo page.

Edit: Nah, it's not new. That product page dates back to at least January 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom