• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSMrRound

Who here owns (currently owns) and has played P4G on the Vita1000? If so, are you planning to play P4Dan on it?

Yes and yes. For P4G, the colours simply oozes out of the OLED screen. I always find a chance to watch the P4G opening on repeat while I'm traveling to and fro work.

I'll probably only upgrade my Vita if the rumoured Vita 3000 turn out to be real.

Sophia

Yes and yes. For P4G, the colours simply oozes out of the OLED screen. I always find a chance to watch the P4G opening on repeat while I'm traveling to and fro work.

I'll probably only upgrade my Vita if the rumoured Vita 3000 turn out to be real.

If you're referring to that thread about the trademark, it's not. It was referencing something else, and not an actual new Vita model.

But if you're just hoping, then carry on. I dare not step on the dreams of the foolish and the idealistic!

Rean

Who here owns (currently owns) and has played P4G on the Vita1000? If so, are you planning to play P4Dan on it? And how do the colours appear for you when you are playing P4G? Did the screen look quite good?
Yea, I plan on getting P4DAN for it. My tarot card collection is almost complete. :D

The screen looks really good and a lot of friends recommended that I should get it. The visuals in P4G were great as well.

JNA

Banned
So far so good on my first P3 FES playthrough.

I completed up to floor 40 and now just grinding a bit till lv 15. The tired condition doesn't seem as bad as I thought. In fact, it seems to be a good thing
since I can go to that nurse guy and get medicine for the courage boost.

Although my party gets tired pretty fast. But it has gotten better with higher the level so I assume the higher my level, the more time my good or great condition lasts.

Sophia

Super Hyper Climax Orgia Mode can't save that drivel and you know it, Soph!

Ehhh... (Ultimax spoilers)
I actually felt that scene was kind of weak. The conversations with Teddie were nice, if only by virtue of giving the P4 cast some character development. But by the time you hit it, you know that the Doppelganger Shadows are never going to be anything more than mooks for the cast to fight. And then there's the fact that Doppelganger Labrys comes almost right after the actual Shadow Labrys shows up.

So far so good on my first P3 FES playthrough.

I completed up to floor 40 and now just grinding a bit till lv 15. The tired condition doesn't seem as bad as I thought. In fact, it seems to be a good thing
since I can go to that nurse guy and get medicine for the courage boost.

Although my party gets tired pretty fast. But it has gotten better with higher the level so I assume the higher my level, the more time my good or great condition lasts.

Correct. You also get more characters too, allowing you to pace your Tartarus exploration better.

JNA

Banned
Correct. You also get more characters too, allowing you to pace your Tartarus exploration better.

Good to know. :D

Also question: I made a Persona (Jack Frost) and apparantly there is a heart next to it. Igor saying something about how I should keep it around and grow it a bit. What happens if I do?

Also question: I made a Persona (Jack Frost) and apparantly there is a heart next to it. Igor saying something about how I should keep it around and grow it a bit. What happens if I do?

If a persona has a heart, once it learns all the skills, it will release a special accessory.
I suggest saving it to the compendium before it learns the last one if you want to farm those items.

Sophia

Also question: I made a Persona (Jack Frost) and apparantly there is a heart next to it. Igor saying so,etching about how I should keep it around and grow it a bit. What happens if I do?

When a Persona with a heart learns all of it's abilities, you'll receive a unique item from it. The item received is determined by the Persona in question. Some Personas only give off a single item (Jack Frost always gives a Frost Cap) where as others have multiple items they can give and you'll get one of them at semi-random.

MSMrRound

Once they obtain their last skill, the Persona will reward you with a special item that they possess.

JNA

Banned
If a persona has a heart, once it learns all the skills, it will release a special accessory.
I suggest saving it to the compendium before it learns the last one if you want to farm those items.

When a Persona with a heart learns all of it's abilities, you'll receive a unique item from it. The item received is determined by the Persona in question. Some Personas only give off a single item (Jack Frost always gives a Frost Cap) where as others have multiple items they can give and you'll get one of them at semi-random.

Oh. 0_0

Ok one more quick one: should I always keep Orpheus with me?
mostly because I saw his "real form" in the beginning cutscene when I first summoned him.

Or is it like Persona 4 where his real form comes out towards the end of the game?

Oh. 0_0

mostly because I saw his "real form" in the beginning cutscene when I first summoned him.

Or is it like Persona 4 where his real form comes out towards the end of the game?

No nothing quite like that.
You'll end up with a few successors to Orpheus as your 'official' persona. Though that one you saw wasn't just a form.

JNA

Banned
No nothing quite like that.
You'll end up with a few successors to Orpheus as your 'official' persona. Though that one you saw wasn't just a form.

Oh I see.

So...I don't have to keep him right? Mostly because this starter one of his is pretty weak right now at the moment.

MSMrRound

Oh. 0_0

Your choice. It's up to you. You can always resummon him.

P3MC's Ultimate Persona is obtained via fusing Orpheus and another Persona together. There's one more "Ultimate Persona" that you can get though. Persona spoiler:
Messiah and Orpheus Telos, but Telos can only be obtained via max social links or smth...If I remember correctly...

JNA

Banned
Your choice. It's up to you. You can always resummon him.

P3MC's Ultimate Persona is obtained via fusing Orpheus and another Persona together. There's one more "Ultimate Persona" that you can get though. Persona spoiler:
Messiah and Orpheus Telos, but Telos can only be obtained via max social links or smth...If I remember correctly...

Ok cool.

Just wanted to make sure so I don't do anything rash. :)

Nachos

Oh I see.

So...I don't have to keep him right? Mostly because this starter one of his is pretty weak right now at the moment.
The only reason to keep him is for using Cadenza with Apsaras, since it restores half of your party's health and casts Masukukaja.

JNA

Banned
The only reason to keep him is for using Cadenza with Apsaras, since it restores half of your party's health and casts Masukukaja.

Yeah that ability is pretty damn sweet.

I'm loving the fusion skill concept here. Wish that was in Persona 4. :(

Although there is probably a story reason for that but have no idea at the moment. Still kind of a bummer but love it here. Makes that impact from the gun more epic. XD

Although there is probably a story reason for that but have no idea at the moment. Still kind of a bummer but love it here. Makes that impact from the gun more epic. XD

I admit, even as someone who loves P4 MILES better than P3, the evokers have that irreplaceable kick.

Jintor

Yeah card crusher is great and all but there's something just generallised in media that makes the kick of a gun firing really... let's say attention grabbing

yes i know the evoker isn't technically a gun, but you know what i mean

JNA

Banned
I hope those masks in Persona 5 have that "attention grabbing" kick like Persona 3 with the gun and Persona 4 with the card crushing. :D

Nachos

Nah, there's no connection. I don't even know why they have it with each other when one's an Indian water spirit and the other's a Greek poet.

Not sure if they need a kick per-se. I hear self-immolation's the new hot ticket with the kids these days.
image.php

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe "unmasking" themselves, thus "revealing their inner selves", is how they summon personas.

Though now that I think about it, aren't personas the masks that people use to get through life?

Kinda fits the theme of being uninhibited in persona 5 though.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe "unmasking" themselves, thus "revealing their inner selves", is how they summon personas.

Though now that I think about it, aren't personas the masks that people use to get through life?

Kinda fits the theme of being uninhibited in persona 5 though.

Are you forgetting the end of the gameplay reveal trailer?

Antiwhippy

I know, I meant more that I'm still not entirely sure if it's the mc himself being immolated or the shadow transforming into the persona. For awhile we thought that we were gonna wear our personas too.

Considering the ambiguous morality theme it seems to have I would like to think that it won't be as straight forward. Instead of the MC being the fill-in-compass-of-goodness I would like to see something else, which I think giving him a shadow that will feature prominently would be a pretty interesting.

All of these are just pet theories of mine and might turn out to be way off base, but I just want this game to be pretty different.

Should I be glad that SMTFE is on a console I will never buy?

"As far as characters go, we have discussions such as “what we should do in terms of bust size?” with suggestions like “they could be large and have glasses to go with them,” and “no, glasses are no good,” and so on." - Siliconera

Perhaps one should be glad that Soejima has handling Persona character designs given his clearly expressed stance on this kind of stuff.

FluxWaveZ

I think Persona 5 already looks pretty different from its predecessors, considering that they could have gone a safer more standard route instead of having its themes and aesthetic diverge pretty significantly, but I see what you mean.

This is something I've been thinking about for a while:

Considering the ambiguous morality theme it seems to have I would like to think that it won't be as straight forward. Instead of the MC being the fill-in-compass-of-goodness I would like to see something else, which I think giving him a shadow that will feature prominently would be a pretty interesting.

These are what I've been considering:

- The protagonist's dual nature between docile looking student and brash thief.
- One of the game's slogans being "What awaits us? Will it be glory? Or will it be destruction?", with "Glory" being written in clean white, while "Destruction" is a ruptured red text.
- Hashino's favorite 2014 game being inFamous: Second Son because of its morality system that engaged the player.

The dichotomy motif makes me think of a Shin Megami Tensei style "Chaos" and "Law" split. It's something I consider more when I think back to how the last new, solo P Studio game—Catherine—had a morality mechanic. I wonder if Persona 5 could have something like it, and if it could have a bearing on the Cooperation system.

CorvoSol

Should I be glad that SMTFE is on a console I will never buy?

"As far as characters go, we have discussions such as “what we should do in terms of bust size?” with suggestions like “they could be large and have glasses to go with them,” and “no, glasses are no good,” and so on." - Siliconera

Perhaps one should be glad that Soejima has handling Persona character designs given his clearly expressed stance on this kind of stuff.

wake me when it reaches Devil Survivor design levels.

"Let's run a sleeve between her legs. She never has to actually walk anyway."

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, where'd you find the link for the unlisted video?

Came across it myself just a few minutes ago. One of the Persona fanpage on Facebook was posting it. Didn't post it since I assumed that, being a Apr 14 2015 video, some of you might have already seen it.

I'd never seen it and, going by the views, its discovery is probably more recent than the upload date. Maybe it's been used for online ads, which would explain why it's unlisted.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
In that trailer it's alongside some games that aren't coming out until 2016. All this really tells us is not to expect it before the end of summer.

Also, the vita section for summer includes Tokyo Xanadu, which is out 30th September. So going by the trailer, we're not seeing Persona 5 until October at the earliest.

Is that the first time we've seen Tokyo Xanadu in action?

Setsu00

Whoa, where'd you find the link for the unlisted video?

I'd never seen it and, going by the views, its discovery is probably more recent than the upload date. Maybe it's been used for online ads, which would explain why it's unlisted.

Someone on Tumblr posted it.

Antiwhippy

Time to work with your shadow? What if Personas/Shadows take a more active role in the story? More akin to partners?

These are what I've been considering:

- The protagonist's dual nature between docile looking student and brash thief.
- One of the game's slogans being "What awaits us? Will it be glory? Or will it be destruction?", with "Glory" being written in clean white, while "Destruction" is a ruptured red text.
- Hashino's favorite 2014 game being inFamous: Second Son because of its morality system that engaged the player.

The dichotomy motif makes me think of a Shin Megami Tensei style "Chaos" and "Law" split. It's something I consider more when I think back to how the last new, solo P Studio game—Catherine—had a morality mechanic. I wonder if Persona 5 could have something like it, and if it could have a bearing on the Cooperation system.

Yeah, these 2 are pretty much what I'm thinking (and hoping!) will happen.

Anyone here getting DeSu Record Breaker? Its coming out fairly soon? I often get the impression that regulars here only play persona and nothing much else :D

DNAbro

Anyone here getting DeSu Record Breaker? Its coming out fairly soon? I often get the impression that regulars here only play persona and nothing much else :D

I'm pretty sure we all play a ton of different games. I'm interested in record breaker but I just got Xenoblade and need to continue that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom