• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Meia

Serious question: In 2016 when the game releases, would you read P5 reviews or avoid them like the plague? Assume the reviews go live before the game hits the streets.

I'd look at scores, maybe see some bullet points positive or negatives of the game, but no, wouldn't read reviews.

Things I need to know most of:

- Difference in calendar system from the last two installments(if any)
- Difference in Persona systems from previous installments(if any)
- Difference in social systems from previous installments(if any)

Too much change in any category(in a way I dislike) would hamper my excitement of the game, but it may be better to wait and see exactly how everything meshes first.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Interesting (but not altogether unexpected) responses - still have no idea how reviews are going to shake out; just noticed a lot of hate being directed towards recent AAA reviews that weren't positively glowing. It used to be crazy to even think about not doing a reviews cycle (and it probably still is), but man, I don't even know any more.

*Goes back to work*

Tamanon

Banned
Reviews are weird when we're talking something relatively niche like a JRPG. From what I've seen, peoples' opinions of JRPGs vary greatly based on their preferences. For instance, there are people that love Tales games(like myself), even if there are many glaring issues with them, and others that hate the style.

Thus, I tend to go by pedigree instead of reviews. So, in Persona 5's case, I have 4 mainline entries that I love, and a game made by most of the team that did the previous ones. My interests line up with theirs, so I have no fear.

I'll still read reviews, because I'm always curious what others think.

Lunar15

You know, when we were getting all of our information around TGS, I don't remember anyone bringing this up:

Did atlus change the bridge location between the first trailer and the more recent screenshots?

They seem to serve the same purpose: an after school meeting place for our protagonists. Maybe they move around to different places? Who knows.

Zebetite

Banned
You know, when we were getting all of our information around TGS, I don't remember anyone bringing this up:

Did atlus change this location from the first trailer:

Into this location?

They seem to serve the same purpose: an after school meeting place for our protagonists. Maybe they move around to different places? Who knows.

it might be kinda like how the IT graduates to the bench seating at junes after a certain point

that overpass railing just doesnt have enough room for four people and a cat

Lunar15

Also, it's always pretty cool when I go away from P5 stuff for a while and come back to just go "damn, everything is so stylish looking".

Camera angles, lighting, character designs, everything just looks so fucking cool.

Interesting (but not altogether unexpected) responses - still have no idea how reviews are going to shake out; just noticed a lot of hate being directed towards recent AAA reviews that weren't positively glowing. It used to be crazy to even think about not doing a reviews cycle (and it probably still is), but man, I don't even know any more.

*Goes back to work*

I'm not sure why this would keep someone from doing a reviews cycle. I feel like certain fans have always raised a huge stink about reviews that don't gush about the things they love. I certainly don't think it hurts the game's reputation. If you're wondering about whether or not it's worth it to send out early review codes or anything like that, I'd say that our input is relatively useless: we're going to get the game no matter what. Reviews are good for people who don't know much about the series or who are on the edge. Reviews have great worth, but actual review threads on GAF are often the worst threads on the forum because they're often just full of people who have already made their decision freaking out about opinions.

Unless you meant hate being directed towards AAA games that didn't get perfect scores.

cheez124

Did atlus change this location from the first trailer:

Into this location?

has anyone translated what the menu in the second screenshot says? maybe there are different spots you can choose to hang out at, for whatever reason

also, that NPC staring up at the camera in the first screen looks creepy as hell

Lunar15

Do remember that the second shot is a scan.

Also remember the rule about embedding Persona 5 images in this thread.

Oh, whoops, it was so far removed from the magazine and in good quality that I didn't even remember it was a scan.

I don't remember a spoiler distinction for images, but it's also been a while. Makes sense.

Setsu00

has anyone translated what the menu in the second screenshot says? maybe there are different spots you can choose to hang out at, for whatever reason

also, that NPC staring up at the camera in the first screen looks creepy as hell

I haven't seen the screenshot, but I'm going to assume that you mean the one
with the party standing in a hallway (possibly Shujin Academy) while the sun sets outside

- Option #1: Discuss
- Option #2: Sneak into the Palace
- Option #3: Exit

DNAbro

Spent some time today finally getting the P4DAN Platinum trophy. Only semi-difficult part that wasn't just a grind was getting a King Crazy. Definitely not the best at rhythm games

PK Gaming

nSaZygy.png

lmao

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Casual reminder:

There won't be any news from us coming out of PlayStation Experience. Yadda yadda, #hardinlied and all that, but trust me. Don't psych yourselves up for this weekend.

Completely unrelated, you guys read Game Informer, right?

FluxWaveZ

I think it's gotten to the point that no one is expecting Persona 5 at any event, so no worries there.

Edit: I've never subscribed to Game Informer; I get my news from there from the media and forums.

Sophia

Casual reminder:

There won't be any news from us coming out of PlayStation Experience. Yadda yadda, #hardinlied and all that, but trust me. Don't psych yourselves up for this weekend.

I used to read Game Informer. But not anymore.

Remember when they had demo discs in magazines? :p

There's a suspicious underlining of "this weekend" there.

Persona 5 confirmed for next weekend!

And never read Game Informer, not being American.

QuadOpto

Casual reminder:

Not This weekend?

Fully dubbed and localized PV#3 Trailer with NA Summer 2016 coming next weekend confirmed. #HardinRedeemed.
/s

But for real, I have a subscription to Game Informer, if it matters! Even if I don't really ever have much reason to read them.

Zolo

I stopped reading GameInformer a couple of years ago. Aside from the occasional article here and there, I really don't visit game media sites these days either. I basically just stick to forums and social media.

Casual reminder:

Well since I'm french all my american gaming news come from GAF

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
P4D related question. I've tried looking around myself but keep running into a sea of useless GameFaqs threads.

Does anyone know if there's a list of all the bond/commu fevers that you need to activate to get the black medal? I can see which partners I've unlocked for each song by scrolling through the list but I have no idea where the gaps are. Judging by the progress bar I should only be short by one or two.

Olengie

I hope Persona 3 and 4 are on the list for PS4 BC. Down to platinum P3. xD

Casual reminder:

</3

Lunar15

Casual reminder:

Why would we get hyped for a weekend? That's silly.

Everyone knows Tuesday is where it's at.

I want to platinum Persona 3 FES and Persona 4.

SUCH A LUST FOR TROPHIES

WHYYYYYYYYY?!

Because I love Persona 3 and Persona 4 and I would like to see if I can platinum them if they got a Trophy List?

I don't see how it's a problem. There are games you would want to 100% a game and Persona 3/4 is one of them for me.

Ohhhhhh. I thought you were against "Platinum (definitive) P3", not that you wanted to get the hypothetical platinum trophy for P3.
Sorry, my bad. :#

Olengie

SUCH A LUST FOR TROPHIES

WHYYYYYYYYY?!

Because I love Persona 3 and Persona 4 and I would like to see if I can platinum them if they got a Trophy List?

I don't see how it's a problem. There are games you would want to 100% a game and Persona 3/4 is one of them for me.

Casual reminder:

But Yakuza news counts as SEGA, so

#Hardinlied

Sophia

So with PS2 classics getting trophy support, who do we bug to get P3 on PS4?

First we yell and complain at Sony to get a proper upgrade program so I don't have to pay $15 for a game I already own, and then we probably have to kneel before the One True Lying God that is Hardin and pray for forgiveness for we are not worthy.

Tamanon

Banned
I like that nobody has started speculating about the Game Informer mention. We've just stopped trying to wind through the word's of Hardin.:p

Sophia

I have something new I want to put on my business card.

They made me change "True Neutral" to "Chaos" but I guess I deserved that...

You seem Chaotic Neutral to me.

I'd totally pay for a $5 upgrade for a PS4 version of Persona 3 FES.... I eventually want to stream a solo protagonist run. >_>

Top Bottom