• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Setsu00

vcMY1nN.jpg

Where'd Chie go?

Geez, Chie confessed to Akihiko, of course.

For those interested, I spoke to John Hardin from Atlus USA about Etrian, Persona, DLC in their games, music, and more - For those interested, I spoke to John about Etrian, Persona, DLC, and more for God is a Geek and this one is a super long interview- http://www.godisageek.com/2015/08/atlus-usa-interview/

Warning: It is a long interview.

Important things to note:

P5 still being reiterated as a 2015 release.
That EU Squeenix P5 post is false as suspected. Most likely a placeholder by amazon based on P4 Vanilla.

Weiss

Banned
So despite how apprehensive I've been acting over the lack of info, I think Hardin's repeated insistence that P5 is coming out in 2015 is significant, if only because he wouldn't keep saying it if it, at the very least, wasn't the likely outcome for Atlus.

So despite how apprehensive I've been acting over the lack of info, I think Hardin's repeated insistence that P5 is coming out in 2015 is significant, if only because he wouldn't keep saying it if it, at the very least, wasn't the likely outcome for Atlus.

It's obviously the most likely outcome, never really understood why people would think otherwise.

So would that be a 2015 confirmation for Europe? Based on the context.

I'm assuming you're talking about this:
That cool interview said:
We are trying to get publishers locked in for our titles in EU and will announce things when they are locked in. We don’t want another Shin Megami Tensei IV or Devil Survivor Overclocked situation. We are very aware of what happens when we make premature announcements for Europe. At least I am. The only thing I can confirm for Persona 5 is 2015.”

There's still the fact that Atlus hasn't openly stated a 2015 release for EU (right?), which has happened for NA.
But yeah, the dream seems to be actually alive, I guess.

For those interested, I spoke to John Hardin from Atlus USA about Etrian, Persona, DLC in their games, music, and more - For those interested, I spoke to John about Etrian, Persona, DLC, and more for God is a Geek and this one is a super long interview- http://www.godisageek.com/2015/08/atlus-usa-interview/

Warning: It is a long interview.

Hey, on wich date did you take that interview? at the start there is the "fresh of E3 part" but that's kinda vague, I'm sorry if I missed something, That AtlusPrime hotdog scene is awesome btw.

EDIT

Hey, on wich date did you take that interview? at the start there is the "fresh of E3 part" but that's kinda vague, I'm sorry if I missed something, That AtlusPrime hotdog scene is awesome btw.

It was done about a month ago. WIll get it put into the post.

Also given how NISA has been picking up their past games adn even releasing Persona Q a few days later, I don't think people in EU should be that worried. Persona is a big franchise compared to Atlus' other stuff and NISA has been on the ball with PQ. P4D is also november for EU right?

Jachaos

I was wondering about this too, the only thing I can go on is the bit about how Persona 4 DAN released in Japan a few weeks before that interview, so it has to be around mid-July at earliest I feel.

Edit: Well there you go

VegiHam

Yeah, actually, in the end of the game Yu and Teddie go off to travel with each other to several romantic destinations. Marie finally confesses her feelings for Kanji, Yukiko hints that she may have been sleeping with Rise, and Naoto reveals she's actually asexual. It's all very clearly defined, caught me by surprise.
All of these could work, if you squint. Teddie and Yu wouldn't be romantic but they do hang a lot. Marie
is Izanami, and so
Kanji could
teach her most about the themes of Persona 4, since he seems the most comfortable with who he is throughout the game; being more worried about being mocked than about what he thinkes about himself.
Rise and Yukiko have, like, expectation to perform in common. They could bond over how to relax and escape the stress, leading to hot springs. And Naoto can be Asexual, why not. It isn't that out there.

Somebody write this fanfic!

Hope isn't dead for EU 2015 after all? :O

JCX

Heads up, I uploaded an updated version of my P3 FES - P3P comparison video.

Here's the link.

Thanks for this video! I just began P3P after playing P4G. I thought the VN style was just the style of older Persona/SMT games. Now I'm thinking about playing FES first, then maybe playing P3P. Only downside is that I much prefer playing RPGs on handhelds. Really wish they made a P3 Golden for Vita

My bad. I thought it did. Also added when the interview was done to the post. Thanks.

Amazon says 6th November at least, not officially confirmed, but NISA's placeholders are usually fairly accurate.

I've just started reading it, but for one other minor nitpick:
The non story stuff is still fully standalone.
That's not entirely true, you can't unlock one song or the hardest difficulty in Free Dance without completing story mode.

.”Atlus Japan has been posting short clips for the remixes present in the game and there’s no clarity on whether these lyric videos will be in P4D. “I’m not sure right now but I hope they show up in some form eventually.
They're DLC now in the Japanese version

Good interview overall though, some pretty interesting points.

Jachaos

Thanks for this video! I just began P3P after playing P4G. I thought the VN style was just the style of older Persona/SMT games. Now I'm thinking about playing FES first, then maybe playing P3P. Only downside is that I much prefer playing RPGs on handhelds. Really wish they made a P3 Golden for Vita

No problem!

If you do think you'd go through the game twice eventually then of course FES-Male (only option) followed by P3P-Female is the ideal way to go (and dare I say FES on Easy so you can get through it quick and get to your preferred platform, handhelds, with P3P on Hard)

We too wish there was a definitive edition of P3 on Vita but at this point it's still a tough choice if you're to do one playthrough. It's why I made the video.

Zareka

There's still the fact that Atlus hasn't openly stated a 2015 release for EU (right?), which has happened for NA.
But yeah, the dream seems to be actually alive, I guess.
They haven't yet, but considering everything said before that 2015 bit I can't help but think that might have been the EU confirmation. That, or a really unfortunately placed reconfirmation.

Eh, I'll keep my expectations low for now. If P5 hits Europe in 2015 though I think I can forgive Atlus for everything else.

2015 for Europe is maybe just a tad too optimistic when you consider everything not called PQ. It'd be cool to keep getting games only days apart, but Atlus releases are always so unpredictable.

They haven't yet, but considering everything said before that 2015 bit I can't help but think that might have been the EU confirmation. That, or a really unfortunately placed reconfirmation.

Eh, I'll keep my expectations low for now. If P5 hits Europe in 2015 though I think I can forgive Atlus for everything else.

Maybe it's placed unfortunately, you never know.

Hey, Failgunner, could you give any insight on that part?

Maybe it's placed unfortunately, you never know.

Hey, Failgunner, could you give any insight on that part?

It was for NA the 2015 bit. Altus USA will never talk about Europe without another publisher from what i know. I believe Nich mentioned that a while ago in a thread that had some NA release date. They will get partners and the partners will announce release dates. That's how it is from what I know.

And the reason nothing has been announced is because of what John said. They don't want to announce too early.

It was for NA the 2015 bit. Altus USA will never talk about Europe without another publisher from what i know. I believe Nich mentioned that a while ago in a thread that had some NA release date. They will get partners and the partners will announce release dates. That's how it is from what I know.

And the reason nothing has been announced is because of what John said. They don't want to announce too early.

Ah I see, the wording in that interview kinda implied otherwise, thanks for clearing it up!

atlusprime

Atlus PR

Yeah, unless ATLUS is dead-set as a publisher (Conception II, etc.), I can't say anything about it, because it's not my right to do so, it's the publisher's. It's just a general rule in business too, a "don't talk about a deal until the ink is dry" kind of situation.

Lunar15

Yeah, actually, in the end of the game Yu and Teddie go off to travel with each other to several romantic destinations. Marie finally confesses her feelings for Kanji, Yukiko hints that she may have been sleeping with Rise, and Naoto reveals she's actually asexual. It's all very clearly defined, caught me by surprise.

It's just like my fanfiction!

Zareka

Yeah, unless ATLUS is dead-set as a publisher (Conception II, etc.), I can't say anything about it, because it's not my right to do so, it's the publisher's. It's just a general rule in business too, a "don't talk about a deal until the ink is dry" kind of situation.
Thanks for the clarification.

artsi

I just had a revelation that the P5 protagonist is Yu Narukami.

See, he never reported income for the riches he got from dungeons, who would believe that you killed some golden hand thingies and they happened to drop tons of money for you to pick.
So he has been forced to a criminal career under false identity after he was slapped into lifetime debt by the NTA for tax evasion.

He also went back to high school despite being years older, for all those sweet HS girls he got addicted to during his P4 days.

It's practically solid.

danthefan

I think I've fallen out of love with P4G and it makes me sad :(

I'm in December, I'm about 45 hours in, and I'm just not feeling the urge to keep playing. I used to be like "one more day, one more day" with every single playing session but it's just not there anymore. It's an easy enough game to pick up again so maybe I need to leave it for a few days and come back.

I'm in December, I'm about 45 hours in, and I'm just not feeling the urge to keep playing. I used to be like "one more day, one more day" with every single playing session but it's just not there anymore. It's an easy enough game to pick up again so maybe I need to leave it for a few days and come back.
Whaaaaaat. But December is when the game's climax occurs, and you learn the truth about the whole murder/kidnapping mystery!

Makio

I never stop to believe but is good to hear (read) Persona 5 is confirmed once again is coming in 2015 , At this point i aiming for a December release here in America.

About the Miku trailer , i liked the remix and everything kinda short like the other DLC trailers.

Damn that salt in the comments , the persona fandom and vocaloid fandom can be totally butthurt when they want to.

And someone pointed out something funny , they give Miku some talking lines in here if this DLC comes to America is a great chance she get a English dub ... which can be get the ultimate weaboo salt hahaha.

Im ready see Karen Strassman or Erin Fitzgerald making her lines.

But seriously i hope all the DLC characters came to America in the same fashion we have the Ultimax ones.

And someone pointed out something funny , they give Miku some talking lines in here if this DLC comes to America is a great chance she get a English dub ... which can be get the ultimate weaboo salt hahaha..

This makes me think:

What if Miku has some mini-story or reason for dancing here? Maybe she'll have some cool lines?

Maybe she'll be Persona-Canon.

Don't worry, I kid.
That'd cause an avalanche of salt.

Makio

Hatsune Miku has an English voice bank, for the record. It wouldn't be unrealistic to give her an English voice. :p

Sure but i already see people bitching about why her is singing in English when the original track (Heaven) have lyrics in English.

And bitching in how the first part and final part when she "talks" no sound like Miku at all

So I can only imagine the amount of salt is gonna be if they give her a NA dub ... almost in New Rise VA amount of salt.

And yeah taking this is a canon game im not imagine Miku or other DLC characters make it in the story , like the extra episode of Ultimax

What i can really hope is for a patch or something to make them playable in other songs (as dance partners).

Jachaos

Hm, December? How far into December? It's a pretty busy month.

Saladinoo

Okay I've just started Persona 3 FES (First time playing a persona game).

Enjoying it so far, especially the music! (Where can I get a soundtrack?)

I wish everyone would stop telling me to go to bed though. I dew whet i went.

This is my opinion, but i think it's better to experience the whole game first before listening to the soundtracks, so you can get the feel of the song for when it's supposed to first play

You might want to take their advice. Stay up and you'll suffer the consequences.

Andrefpvs

One thing that just popped up in my mind:

Persona 5 has to have more than 16 save slots.

I'm the kind of player that saves to a new slot after an important choice (so I can see what happens if I picked anything else -- after I finish the game), or a cool event (to view it again whenever), or just to replay a battle with the setup I had at the time. Not to mention that I like to keep my New Game Plus saves.

It would be nice to not be conscious of the number of save slots, especially in a game like Persona, that has so many events and variables.

Someone please get this feedback to Japan :p

Jachaos

Yeah I'm with you, I was thinking about for when I'm done!

It depends on where you live but there's always importing and online options.

Also, glad you're enjoying it and yeah the first few days in Persona 3 and 4 are basically "You're tired as fuck from the trip, settle in and sleep"

daevious

I'm the kind of player that saves to a new slot after an important choice (so I can see what happens if I picked anything else -- after I finish the game), or a cool event (to view it again whenever), or just to replay a battle with the setup I had at the time. Not to mention that I like to keep my New Game Plus saves.

It would be nice to not be conscious of the number of save slots, especially in a game like Persona, that has so many events and variables.

And I'm the kind of person who just saves over the one slot over and over again. I might save in a second slot if I might be headed into a point of no return, but I've always been really confused about the type of people who obsessively save their games in a new file every single time.

Kozmos

I think most games these days just allow you to have as many saves as your HD can allow. All is well!

Nimby

Banned
I try to keep multiple saves, but I just end up forgetting about it 20 hours in. If I miss something I just go back and replay the game, I'm not to worried about getting stuck in a Megaten game.

Edit: For lols, SMTIV only has two save slots. Hard to keep back ups if you screw up your alignment.

Top Bottom