• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

By "doubles its length" do you mean that there's additional parts of the song that we haven't heard, or that the track literally repeats itself? Curious about that.

It depends on the song, but there aren't any that simply repeat the entire song over again.

Some add a second chorus, some add more instrumental breaks, some have new intros, some have new outros, some have all of these new things.

It're really worth it - especially since some of the original remixes were cut down to make them fit within a specific length for the game.

The longer versions add new parts, but the new parts are (obviously) instrumental..

The longer versions - like mentioned above - add everything from new vocals to new instrumental breaks; it's not simply adding more beats to a song without also adding vocals.

So did anyone notice that Chie's hair totally changed in color

from

YE42dtP.jpg

to

3ywUrxt.png

It's like faded brown instead of light brown

Her hair is dyed - perhaps she decided to tone it down, leading up to her new look in the epilogue?

I'm still holding you to this, by the way.

Very Hype.

Something happened about Persona 5 yesterday.

If that's what you were talking bout, not so hype.

FluxWaveZ

Ah - so it was a guess then?

It wasn't really much of anything, heh. Though if someone took the bait bet, I would have formed it in a way that yesterday's thing would have made me win.

Again, like I keep saying, trying to predict anything about Persona 5 is a pointless endeavor after all this time. People think that it will be at TGS, but can you imagine if it actually wasn't?

Weiss

Banned
It wasn't really much of anything, heh. Though if someone took the bait bet, I would have formed it in a way that yesterday's thing would have made me win.

Again, like I keep saying, trying to predict anything about Persona 5 is a pointless endeavor after all this time. People think that it will be at TGS, but can you imagine if it actually wasn't?

The way Atlus has been handling it? I'm not quite at that level yet but I can see it through a glass bottom boat.

does anyone know a site that has them for preorder? and does anyone know if Denon is a good brand of heaphone? thanks in advance

http://ebten.jp/atlus/p/3000130600049/ I think they're only available from here, and it says something about being built to order, so you need to preorder before August 25th to guarantee a pair. Atlus D-Shop doesn't offer international shipping though, so you'll have to find a forwarding service.

Can't speak for the quality.

Random thought: There's a Stalker Club later today, wonder if they might discuss PV2. It's been long enough since the bluray came out, and it seems like the kind of thing they might touch on.

Random thought: There's a Stalker Club later today, wonder if they might discuss PV2. It's been long enough since the bluray came out, and it seems like the kind of thing they might touch on.

If nothing else, they haven't given any indication about what the episode will be about, so it could be anything. I'm hoping they'll at least give an indication of when P5 will resurface, but all I'm expecting is gameplay of the P4D DLC characters.

That seems like an English promotional image rather than a Japanese promo image.

In the original gameplay trailer, the "What awaits?" tagline was in Japanese - but here it's in English.

I'm feeling good about 2015 guys.

FluxWaveZ

P Studio revealed some kind of secret regarding Sho Minazuki and his scars in PSC episode 18.

Well, the devs. regularly talk about some unconventional fan stuff in the show anyways. There were a couple others in this episode, too, like about one of the P4G shopkeepers.

0535dca01badf0d67ed16e4df14644442c66.jpg

0894dca01badf0d67ed16e4df14644442c66.jpg

Persora Awards DVD covers. Second one is by Soejima.

Also, seems like Odin Sphere is taking the Friday news slot. They really seem to be marketing that pretty early, considering it's not out until next year.

FluxWaveZ

There's something about Digital Devil Story in the LE Persora Awards release, but no idea what it says, other then the fact that it's on disc 2:
Disc-2 ミノタウロス討伐するまで「帰れ魔転生」
限定版だけの撮りおろし番組企画。1987年に発売された『デジタル・デビル物語(ストーリー) 女神転生』で、MCの2人が過酷なガチプレイに挑戦!

kiyoaki

There's something about Digital Devil Story in the LE Persora Awards release, but no idea what it says, other then the fact that it's on disc 2:
This appears to be a sort of Let's Play - a video of a gruelingly challenging playthrough of "Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei" for the Famicom by the two MCs of the show, up to the point where you beat Minotaurus, newly made just for this Limited Edition.

FluxWaveZ

This appears to be a sort of Let's Play - a video of a gruelingly challenging playthrough of "Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei" for the Famicom by the two MCs of the show, up to the point where you beat Minotaurus, newly made just for this Limited Edition.

Thanks a lot. What an odd thing to just include in there, though.

Even odder when you realize that the Minotaur is basically the first boss in the game, so it's not like it's particularly long LP either. Hm....

Well in one episode of Stalker Club they did take over an hour to kill an F.O.E in Q. I'm sure they'll be able to drag it out.

MSMrRound

EVO might be over, but I wonder if you guys happened to watch this Ultimax match between Organiq and Bionic Fraud?

Ultimax pools

It was without a doubt one of the funniest one that I saw live, especially with the commentators' reactions.

Dantis

Dude needs to lay off the psychedelics then! Like I said, good drawing, but I hate the random colours flying around everywhere.
Soejima is really experimental with that kind of thing. If you look into his past illustrations he's done lots of interesting colouring techniques.

I didn't realize there was a new thread!

Thanks for keeping the podcast in the links section. That's nice.

Hey, I can be nice sometimes, bro! Don't be so surprised!

Kind of a pointless observation, but I just noticed that the EU version of P4D's box art is slightly different to the other regions.

And voting yes on the poll. They might wait that long, but I think there's still a fair chance that we might get something either in Famitsu or as a website update before that point.

Weiss

Banned
Follow-up to Poll #009 that most got wrong (will anything P5 happen on May 5, 2015?):

Poll #010: Will Persona 5 get ANY new media before the SCEJ 2015 conference? (early September)

Media means any new official screenshot, trailer, ad/promo or music release. This counts for anything new, so PV02 publicly released would count.

The opposite of the majority vote is what's going to actually happen.

It seems needlessly pessimistic of me, but I can't see anything happen until at least SCEJ, maybe not even until TGS.

Top Bottom