• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

arue

Japan : SCEJA press conference (early Sep) or TGS (mid-Sep)
NA : Random twitter announcement/press release after Japan's release date announcement
My wishful thinking: SCEJA Press Conference or TGS: Both JP and NA release dates
or simultaneous release
(sorry EU).

yuuki

My wishful thinking: SCEJA Press Conference or TGS: Both JP and NA release dates
or simultaneous release
(sorry EU).

seemingly john hardin also said that he only can say persona 5 = 2015 even when asked about europe in an interview.

seemingly john hardin also said that he only can say persona 5 = 2015 even when asked about europe in an interview.

This was cleared up a while ago, EU is still unknown.

It was for NA the 2015 bit. Altus USA will never talk about Europe without another publisher from what i know. I believe Nich mentioned that a while ago in a thread that had some NA release date. They will get partners and the partners will announce release dates. That's how it is from what I know.

And the reason nothing has been announced is because of what John said. They don't want to announce too early.

Yeah, unless ATLUS is dead-set as a publisher (Conception II, etc.), I can't say anything about it, because it's not my right to do so, it's the publisher's. It's just a general rule in business too, a "don't talk about a deal until the ink is dry" kind of situation.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm willing to avatar bet that P5 won't make it out in NA this year. Skirting the fact that NA+JP isn't a worldwide release anyway (EU loves you, please talk to us), any kind of simultaneous release seems unlikely.

BTW, I mean the 2015 calendar year - not financial year or whatever. The first three months of 2016 are not 2015.

I'm willing to avatar bet that P5 won't make it out in NA this year. Skirting the fact that NA+JP isn't a worldwide release anyway (EU loves you, please talk to us), any kind of simultaneous release seems unlikely.

BTW, I mean the 2015 calendar year - not financial year or whatever. The first three months of 2016 are not 2015.

I'll take you up on that, if P5 is released in NA before/on 31 December 2015 I win right?

K, got anything in mind for what the avatar is going to be? I'm not talented enough to make something, just some Aigis animegao (don't google this if you're not prepared) is fine with you if I lose?
I won't lose though

-----------------------------------

Apparently Toonami is going to air Persona 4 the animation or something? I can't find a good source though.

K, got anything in mind for what the avatar is going to be? I'm not talented enough to make something, just some Aigis animegao (don't google this if you're not prepared) is fine with you if I lose?
I won't lose though
We should make this a big, PersonaGAF-wide bet, NA/JP 2015'ers against the NA/JP 2016 Delay'ists.

I'm in for it!

We should make this a big, PersonaGAF-wide bet, NA/JP 2015'ers against the NA/JP 2016 Delay'ists.

I'm in for it!

Of course, this could be pretty fun, we should use that Phoenix Wright image Corvo posted a while ago as our main motive if the 2015 side happens to lose.

DrlR11n.jpg

PersonaGAF theme song when we lose

MudoSkills

I'll wear anything provided it doesn't earn me a ban. No ideas as to what I'd have you take if I win, I'll just let inspiration hit me when it happens.

What duration do you want to go for? A month or something longer term, like until the EU release date...

I'll wear anything provided it doesn't earn me a ban. No ideas as to what I'd have you take if I win, I'll just let inspiration hit me when it happens.

What duration do you want to go for? A month or something longer term, like until the EU release date...

Let's wait until some other people join in on the fun, EU release date is too big of a punishment though...

I'm fine with a month, starting after the announcement of the 2015 release date or 2016 delay.

I still believe in 2015. Hopefully a date comes soon, not only because it would be nice to have a date but also because it would be a motivator to go and play Eternal Punishment.

Panda Rin

hoping for a SCEJA announcement in early Sept then. They announced the conference on August 19th last year, so an announcement of a conference might be coming in the next few days.

Of course, this could be pretty fun, we should use that Phoenix Wright image Corvo posted a while ago as our main motive if the 2015 side happens to lose.

To keep the theme Persona 5-Related, I drafted this up.

cfVRmBk.jpg

How about whichever side looses, they need to use this as an avatar?

FluxWaveZ

To keep the theme Persona 5-Related, I drafted this up.

How about whichever side looses, they need to use this as an avatar?

Your avatar would look like this properly resized:

httbzty.png

The text would be barely noticeable and the protagonist's face as well. Avatar bets don't mean much when the avatar doesn't stand out and isn't embarrassing in some form or another, taking into account the result of the bet.

I like that I incited this, though. Keep it up, I want to see flames.

MudoSkills

Well, if people are posting avatars about I just put this one together for KenjiGlove. It could work as general punishment, given that Kenji is such a popular guy.

hTT7ywy.gif

#InHardinWeTrust

Inb4 Atlusprime picks #TeamRuin

---------------

Q3xof6p.png

Looks way better, I don't know if someone is able to make it even clearer but I have no clue how editing images works.

Lunar15

Not throwing in my vote till I know the terms.

Kenji avatar bet seems good. It'd be embarrassing since I hate that guy, but it also won't make people think I'm some kind of creep.

That for a month sounds good to me.

FluxWaveZ

I just like to watch the bloodshed. This is essentially Poll #011, now that I think about it.

Counting those who made it explicit for NA or simply stated "2015" in regards to the current discussion (and not counting statements in referring to Japan's release), there are currently 10 people who are, uh, "#InHardinWeTrust" is it?

There are 2 people who are what I guess is being dubbed "#TeamRuin." That sounds cooler, to be honest.

Basically, 83.3% of people so far believe in 2015.

Edit: I could try to come up with two different avatars, designed for who the losers will be.

Sophia

You're all insane. :D

I'll make no bets, but you all know I'm a pretty firm believer in the idealistic. So my faith is on 2015.

Top Bottom