• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

kiyoaki

OK, tentative voice sample translations for Anne. The tsundere is strong in this one:
1. 変な人だね。皆、あたしなんてシカトなのに。
You're a strange person, aren't you? Even though everybody avoids/ignores me, you....
2. あたし、あんたなんかが好きにできるほどお安い女じゃないから。
I'm not so cheap a woman that someone like YOU could just do as he pleases.

(It's hard to tell for me without context whether she means "...could just have your way with me," or something more innocuous. Corrections welcome.)

Setsu00

OK, tentative voice sample translations for Anne. The tsundere is strong in this one:
1. 変な人だね。皆、あたしなんてシカトなのに。
You're a strange person, aren't you? Even though everybody avoids/ignores me, you....
2. あたし、あんたなんかが好きにできるほどお安い女じゃないから。
I'm not so cheap a woman that someone like YOU could just do as he pleases.

(It's hard to tell for me without context whether she means "...could just have your way with me," or something more innocuous. Corrections welcome.)

That sounds pretty correct, but I have to admit that this is the first time I've ever heard "shikato". Slang words are always so weird.

kiyoaki

Here we go. Morgana's profile:
http://persona5.jp/tgs2015/character4/
The most enigmatic existence within the thieves' group. Small like a child, she looks like she's modeled after a black cat, but... her real form is completely unknown. This looks like a headdress...?
That is the extent of the information our investigation yielded this time.
Her features do resemble the cat that's often with the boy presumed to be the leader, though...
Note that the Japanese text doesn't give any hint as to Morgana's gender. I've only made her a "she" because of her name. Her speech pattern is, if anything, more on the male side.

Morgana's voice samples (LOL, what a voice. I think I've said this before, but I'm gonna love this cat):
1. うぁ、ああ。シャボンの空気うまいぜ。(???)
Aaah, this soapy air is delicious. (??? Not sure I got this right)
2. 我輩が人間じゃないから、猫っぽいから、バカにしてるのか。
Are you looking down on me because I'm not human, because I'm like a cat??

Note the use of "wagahai", a pompous, archaic word for "me" and an allusion to Natsume Sôseki's novel Wagahai wa neko dearu ("I am a cat") in the second sentence.

cbq

Because I thought it was the same other brown haired guy in the trailer.

It's obviusly
]
P5%20Girl_zpsjicbv5kn.png

Don't worry, there will be plenty of Anime Babes for you to Wifey Up, unless Chairy Potter turns out to be completely 100% Gay and then you'll have to Hubby Up the Anime Hunks instead, which would be cool but incredibly unlikely.

Morgana's voice samples (LOL, what a voice. I think I've said this before, but I'm gonna love this cat):
1. うぁ、ああ。シャボンの空気うまいぜ。(???)
Aaah, this soapy air is delicious. (??? Not sure I got this right)

Bath house sequence confirmed.

Lunar15

One thing I like is that they've kept the social link stuff entirely obscured. I feel like people sterotype the persona series into a glorified dating game when I personally felt that the actual "dating" part of P3 and P4 were extremely minor and inconsequential. I'm sure it's in this game, but they're not leading with it. I don't feel like any of the marketing has been pandering to those interests just yet.

It'll happen eventually, but I'm glad they're going this route for now. I don't mind the dating and I don't mind the people who are into it, but it's definitely not what I love about the series.

One thing I like is that they've kept the social link stuff entirely obscured. I feel like people sterotype the persona series into a glorified dating game when I personally felt that the actual "dating" part of P3 and P4 were extremely minor and inconsequential. I'm sure it's in this game, but they're not leading with it. I don't feel like any of the marketing has been pandering to those interests just yet.

It'll happen eventually, but I'm glad they're going this route for now. I don't mind the dating and I don't mind the people who are into it, but it's definitely not what I love about the series.

I really wanna see some s-link stuff though (or whatever they've replaced it with). Social links weren't all about dating. I loved links like Death and Sun in P4, where you just spent time with people going through real problems and learning more about them. Was a big part of what made the game so special.

Anne and Morgana are very quickly growing on me as party members. Still not feeling it for Ryuji tho.
Ryuji sounds and looks great. The moment that I saw Ryuji use a pipe as a weapon was the moment that I knew he was probably going to be the best character in the game.

Lunar15

I really wanna see some s-link stuff though (or whatever they've replaced it with). Social links weren't all about dating. I loved links like Death and Sun in P4, where you just spent time with people going through real problems and learning more about them. Was a big part of what made the game so special.

Yes, the social links are my favorite part of the game, which is why I'd prefer to not see them in the trailers. We'll get that overview at some point though.

What I'm referring to is the dating, specifically.

FluxWaveZ

Teddie is dead, long live Morgana!

I immediately prefer the P5 cast to the P4 cast, though I preferred the P2 and P3 casts over P4's. Taking control of that protagonist is a much more exciting prospect from the outset than when I transitioned from P3 to P4 and my reaction was, "Who's this guy...? Where are the headphones?"

We don't know too much about them, but I also find it compelling that there's some superficial similarities to some of the P2 characters. I like Ryuji and the rest of them, though I hope Anne has many more distinguishing characteristics than how she seems now.

I'm really surprised by how much I like Morgana. I mean, I like the P5 cast a lot so far, but Morgana is pretty easily my favourite. The shot of her summoning her persona is so good.

Also, I know this is late, but I'm actually quite happy with my new avatar. Fuuka (with that expression) was my very first GAF avatar when I joined during TGS last year, so this seems oddly fitting for me now. Apologies to Modest Mauser for doubling up, but this is too good to pass up.

Jachaos

My top 5 most anticipated of 2015 had Persona 5, Zelda, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky and Splatoon. Let me tell you this has been a rough year for delays. Thankfully the one that did come out is my game of the year.

Can anyone link me the twitter account Morgana took over?

Also, I can't wait to see who else joins the band of theives - especially female. Anne is looking great, I wonder who else we'll see.

FluxWaveZ

My top 5 most anticipated of 2015 had Persona 5, Zelda, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky and Splatoon. Let me tell you this has been a rough year for delays. Thankfully the one that did come out is my game of the year.

All of my favorite game series of all time are getting new mainline entries next year.

1. Persona 5
2. Danganronpa 3
3. Ace Attorney 6
4. Zero Escape 3

I guess the delay makes that list look all the crazier... that's, uh, a good thing.

Lunar15

All of my favorite game series of all time are getting new mainline entries next year.

1. Persona 5
2. Danganronpa 3
3. Ace Attorney 6
4. Zero Escape 3

I guess the delay makes that list look all the crazier... that's, uh, a good thing.

I thought the same thing last year going into this year. Look where we are!

And the year before!

FluxWaveZ

I thought the same last year going into this year. Look where we are!

True, and DR3 doesn't actually have a release year yet. Still, those will probably all be coming out in close proximity to each other, and that's awesome.

Delays suck.

Edit [elaboration]: I do not mean the process of prolonging a game's development to further refine it, but to have a publicly announced window pushed back as a result of the former.

Lunar15

True, and DR3 doesn't actually have a release year yet. Still, those will probably all be coming out in close proximity to each other, and that's awesome.

Delays suck.

They are what they are, but man, it's been two years where I've been excited for P4 and another big franchise only for them to get delayed. It's comical at this point.

2014: "Oh boy, Witcher 3 and Persona 5! So excited!"

2015: "Oh boy, Zelda and Persona 5! So excited!"

One thing I realized looking at PV01 and 02: 03 is the first trailer where we saw his team following him in the dungeon. Either that wasn't done yet or they only showed us footage from a dungeon where it's just him.

FluxWaveZ

They are what they are, but man, it's been two years where I've been excited for P4 and another big franchise only for them to get delayed. It's comical at this point.

2014: "Oh boy, Witcher 3 and Persona 4! So excited!"

2015: "Oh boy, Zelda and Persona 4! So excited!"

I've got good news for you.

Olengie

1. Persona 5
2. Danganronpa 3
3. Ace Attorney 6
4. Zero Escape 3

These are most desired games too. Lol

Top Bottom