• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Dantis

MpBCFTM.png

Hello!

Welcome to the Persona Community Thread. This thread has been created as a place to discuss all things around and about the Persona series, both within its mainline games as well as various spinoffs and re-releases.

PERSONA 5 IS UPON US.
MARK ALL SPOILERS. MARK ALL IMAGES THAT AREN'T OFFICIAL ATLUS PR. PLEASE BE CIVIL. IF YOU WANT TO DISAGREE WITH THE RULES, MARK FIRST AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.

Thanks! :)

Previous OTs:

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull Up A Chair!

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow.

vMbG5Dn.png

PLEASE READ - IN REGARDS TO PERSONA 5 SPOILERS

Spoiler policies have been updated. The full post is below, but the gist is as follows:

Major plot points need to be spoilered. This applies to all games. This includes things like character deaths and antagonist reveals. Generally speaking, it shouldn't be difficult to work out what constitutes as a large spoiler, but if you're unsure, mark it first and then ask someone.

In regards to Persona 5, we're allowing anything released in official media to be fair game, but anything beyond that needs to be spoilered. This includes discussing, embedding or linking materials not officially released by Atlus.

Sophia wrote some handy dandy guidelines if you're super unsure.

We need to discuss spoiler policies. FUN TIMES.
After many moons of consideration, my thoughts are as follows:

In regards to Persona 3 and Persona 4, I feel we should show some degree of consideration. Things like character deaths, or the reveal of the Persona 4 antagonist, should be spoiler marked. I don't think it matters how old the games are, because Persona is a series whose popularity has only really come into play in a big way since the release of P4G. And we can all say "But P4 came out in 2008!", but we all know that a lot of people first got into it with P4G, including many people in here. As far as things like super-bosses, I personally wouldn't consider them a spoiler, but it's difficult to cover everything in the games, so just use a bit of common sense. And if it bothers someone, then just spoiler it. It's not a big deal to highlight a word and press the spoiler button.

In my opinion, anybody should be able to enter this thread, and talk about Persona, without having the story spoiled. There is a moment in P4 that is a lot better if you haven't been spoiled, so in my opinion we shouldn't.

In regards to Persona 5, after discussing it with Sophia, I think that maybe we should say that all officially released media (As in, by Atlus, not leaks or whatever) is fair play. At a certain point we're going to want to talk about why scrunchie-chan is the most kawaii party member.

Whatever we decide upon, I want people to follow it, please. I don't care if some members don't like it, and I don't care what the rules are in other forums. What we decide in here is what goes. And I'll do my best not to say things that get me banned, also.

Sorry for bringing down the mood, love you all!

This is a thread for people who are passionate about Persona, and different people consider different things to be spoilers. Some people will want to go into the games entirely fresh, and we shouldn't hinder that. Being NeoGAF, all new media will have its own dedicated thread anyway, so if you desperately want to talk about something without tagging it, those threads would be the place.

Outside of these specific rules, the same rules as other Community Threads applies. Be civil with people, mark your spoilers, and where possible, try to stay on topic.

DWSODI3.png

PersonaGAF IRC

The IRC Channel is a place to chat with this community, but without being restricted to discussing Persona. It is almost always occupied and a great place to just hang out.

UPDATE: IRC rules can now be found here.

Discord Channel

The guys who use the IRC have also opened a Discord channel, which is another alternative way to participate within the community.

Steam Group

We also have a Steam group, which gets less use now due to the IRC. However, it's still a good place for one-on-one conversations and a good tool for the community.

Twitter

Most of us have, use and interact with each other on Twitter. I'm not going to list everyone's user names, but I'm sure that if you wanted to follow someone, they'd be happy to give out their Twitter handle.

axwxggP.png

FluxWaveZ recently opened up this Persona fan site, with the aim to create a place to keep a reliable, consistent update of the most recent Persona news.

S Link FM is an RPG themed podcast hosted by a handful of guys from the Persona community. Aside from covering many Persona related topics, they have also interviewed many of the actors from the Persona games, such as Karen Strassman and Erin Fitzgerald.

Aside from these projects, we have lots of smaller things going on. Various people stream games (Often SMT related). ShmeebAlina, Arue and Jintor contribute occasional art. TheTrueSelf creates various wallpapers, avatars and whatever. There's a lot of stuff going on.

So that's us. Hopefully you'll like it here enough to stay.

Mediking

Can somebody post the Wall of Shame aka the long list of consistent posters from the last Persona Community?

Makio

Oh yes the feel of a new OT .... great
I was expecting a funny name for it but i think this what we need now

With everything to discuss this month and beyond i dont see this OT to last too long

Setsu00

Don't worry, we appreciate you! Is it a call back to that idol character from DAN?

Not really, no. I just figured that drawing characters in their normal outfits was boring and also pretty restricting since it obviously limits creative freedom, so I recently shifted over to drawing characters in original outfits. But now that you mention it, there is a slight resemblance to Kanami and her normal outfit.

Nice! I really like you art! Do you have a website so I can see more?

Here you go.

I managed to avoid all Persona Q spoilers for the 6 month localisation delay that game had..........I can do it again, right?

Also Goro looks a little off model in the header image. His hair doesn't flip out at the bottom like that and he doesn't have a part in front.

Mediking

I don't think so. The activity in this thread will probably go down once P5 hits Japan since most people will want to avoid spoilers.

I've been looking at your website... your art is crazy good. I love your Mitsuru and Aigis and Makoto and Joker and Link!

DNAbro

Spoiler tags or die eh?

Persona 4 Golden is a good game
Persona 5 looks like a good game

Darksol

I don't think so. The activity in this thread will probably go down once P5 hits Japan since most people will want to avoid spoilers.

Or it'll go up because a lot of us are playing it ;)

Or it'll go down because a lot of us are playing it, lol.

Anyway, on the plus side: If any of the systems end up being too annoying, there's a good chance they'll patch them to be less awful and the English versions will almost assuredly be released with said patch. In particular, I think the
stealth/dungeon alert
and the
hostage negotiation
mechanics have the potential to have seriously flawed execution, but balance patches could make them more tolerable.

Mediking

I really hope Atlus is planning some kind of nice expansion for Persona 5. You know how Witcher 3 got cool expansions? I would love to see just one extra Expansion.

If by "expansion" you mean "Persona 5 Maniax/Fes/Portable/Golden/Overclocked/Record Breaker" then yes, probably. Or if by "expansion" you mean "Persona 5 Arena/Dancing All Night/Q" then also yes.

I really hope Atlus is planning some kind of nice expansion for Persona 5. You know how Witcher 3 got cool expansions? I would love to see just one extra Expansion.

After turning the order of things upside down with his final heist the protagonist travels around the world, backpacking and stealing hearts abroad.

Mediking

I'm down for Persona 5: Eternal Punishment.

Persona 5: Apocalypse

If by "expansion" you mean "Persona 5 Maniax/Fes/Portable/Golden/Overclocked/Record Breaker" then yes, probably. Or if by "expansion" you mean "Persona 5 Arena/Dancing All Night/Q" then also yes.

After turning the order of things upside down with his final heist the protagonist travels around the world, backpacking and stealing hearts abroad.

I trust Atlus and CDPR with Expansions so I would pretty much be okay with supporting Persona 5 after the game releases. It's not a big deal but I think it would be amazing if an Expansion got announced and Atlus could pretty much do anything with the Expansion as long as it was optional and added more cool stuff.

_Ryo_

I wonder if they could regularly release bi monthly
Mementos
Missions that are more in depth than the average ones.

PK Gaming

Spoiler tags or die eh?

Persona 4 Golden is a good game
Persona 5 looks like a good game

Persona 1 is a mediocre game
Persona 2 (IS & EP) are poor games
Persona 3 is a good game
Persona 3 Portable is a great game
Persona 4 is a masterful game
Persona 4 Golden is a fun incarnate

_Ryo_

Persona 1 is a mediocre game