• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

daevious

Yikes.... But what's funny is that I see Fuuka is a kind heart motherly figure and her voice fit her perfectly in P3.

But her voice in that video... uhhhh....

To be fair, Wendee Lee makes Fuuka sound a whole lot better.
On the other hand, they should have gone with Wendee Lee in the first place because Paula Tiso really phones it in.

PK Gaming

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/360/1360032/

Dengeki Playstation did a survey of everyone's favourite Persona in 5:

8. Captain Kidd
7. Necronomicon
5. Milady/Zorro
4. Carmen
3. Goemon
2. Johanna
1. Arsene

This list is totally on point... if you flip it and keep Arsene in #1. Captain Kidd being that low is a gosh darn travesty.

Chidori's questionable dubbing is especially baffling when you consider that she's voiced by the same person playing Aigis (the lovely Karren Strassman).

No she ain't.

Chidori is voiced by Mona Marshall, who is also the person who voiced Ken.

OrionX

Gib same sex romance option Atlus.

Plz be Yusuke, that baritone voice HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

So wish this would happen, won't hold my breath though.

Lol before I even clicked on the link I knew what it would be. Fuuka = worst navigator. Hopefully Futaba's good, don't think I've heard her jp va but she seems like the soft spoken type.

I guess we still haven't heard any english va for this game yet, huh? Gimme my english trailer, Atlus!

Makio

Chidori's questionable dubbing is especially baffling when you consider that she's voiced by the same person playing Aigis (the lovely Karren Strassman)..

Unless im wrong Chidori was voiced by the same lady who voice Ken (no wonder both voices suck) but im pretty sure it wasnt Aigis her "bored" voice should sound like
Izanami
or something.

Right Mona Marshall she not bad but jesus they give her wrong char or she just dont try at all both ken & chidori are the weak links in the p3 dub , Fuuka too

Wow it was really her? I thought she was great as Aigis so that's surprising to me. Maybe she didn't want them to sound too similar?
I love Aigis dub voice but always strike me as weird in the first game she got better in later games same with Elizabeth (fucking hate her in Persona 3)

On the other hand, they should have gone with Wendee Lee in the first place because Paula Tiso really phones it in.

They should remake P3 again just for have Wendee Lee telling me how many enemies are left and hear her *gasp* the enemy in every battle, from i hear she do it lovely in Q and is great in Ultimax / Arena
(Paula Tiso grow in me badly in FE Fates despite i dont want to hear soon in any game plus his Fuuka dont annoy me depending of my mood)
-------

Im not surprise Ryuji and his Persona both hit the bottom since is the only character dont sell me so far of the team
His persona deserve better tho.

And i love Makoto one but i think got up just for the "oh sh... is a bike" feel more than design i mean put it alone is a simple kinda futuristic bike ... i see they put more details into other personas

OrionX

same with Elizabeth (fucking hate her in Persona 3)

S-say what now? Did you go on the "dates" with Elizabeth? That was one of my favorite parts of the game lol. Sure, her voice is a little odd but I thought it fit her strange character.

Mediking

I'm embarrassed. I really need to start leaning who is exactly in the crew for Persona games.

Sophia

Yeah, Chidori is Mona Marshall, as others have said.

Karen Strassman voices Aigis, Natsuki, and a handful of extras. She's also Nanako in Persona 4 and
Izanami as well.

Fuuka's original actor is a total mystery. Nobody's been confirmed for the role, although lots of people have though it was Mela Lee or Paula Tiso.

Mediking

Yeah, Chidori is Mona Marshall, as others have said.

Karen Strassman voices Aigis, Natsuki, and a handful of extras. She's also Nanako in Persona 4 and
Izanami as well.

Fuuka's original actor is a total mystery. Nobody's been confirmed for the role, although lots of people have though it was Mela Lee or Paula Tiso.

*bows humbly*

Thanks for sharing, Sophia-san!

I seem to say it every other month, but with P5 being a ways away and with FFXV being pushed back, I think I might finally try to jump into P2.

Makio

It's Paula Tiso.Paula Tiso also voiced a few Fire Emblem: Fates characters (Camilla & Orochi) and they sound similar to Fuuka too.

Maybe not Camilla but Orochi is the clue Paula indeed voiced Fuuka , her voice is almost identical some of her battles quotes sound like P3 sound navigation lines ... if not her has to be the most similar voice to Fuuka out there

Keith Arem handled every bit of casting and directing for P3. He also did everything for the original P4.
P3 and P4 dubs are good but Valerie calling the shots now are been doing a solid work i cant think of bad voice in the persona games she directed so far maybe personal opinion Labrys accent but there a reason for it and Cindy Robinson owns S.Labrys and of course "i drink too many red bulls" i shout instead of talk voice of Kanamin but i blame more to the actress and despite that it works most of the time

PD: She had to handled the recasts and most of the time the recasts are hits and even the miss like Rise / Margaret can be argue if fit or not and falls into personal

Wazzy

Banned
Oh wow thank you for this! It's incredibly helpful. I usually try to avoid guides but because this system is a little different from P3 and P4 I'm going to follow it for the negotiation stuff.
I regard the P2 duology just as highly as P3/4. You're in for a great ride.
I already like the story and cast so reading stuff like this makes me more excited. I'm not very far but I think I'm before a boss in the
basement of Michel's school.

MSMrRound

Hopefully Futaba's good, don't think I've heard her jp va but she seems like the soft spoken type.

I guess we still haven't heard any english va for this game yet, huh? Gimme my english trailer, Atlus!

There's a Futaba TV CM that was uploaded a couple days back:

Persona 5 Futaba CM

She's voiced by Aoi Yuuki. She known among overseas fans for voicing Madoka from the Madoka Magica series.

English VA, so far we only had a snippet by Cassandra Lee Morris (Edea Lee from Bravely Default) when she voiced Morgana's intro to AtlusUSA's stage event during E3 2016.

barybll

Banned
So PersonaGAF... is anybody really excited for Persona 5 on PS4 Pro?

Why would I be?

Persona 5 isn't exactly taxing on the console or have mindblowing graphics.
It has good art direction and aesthetics but getting a 4k/hdr TV and a ps4 pro for that is kinda....

I might get a PS4 Pro IF they offer a trade-in discount and even then it wouldn't be for P5

OrionX

There's a Futaba TV CM that was uploaded a couple days back:

Persona 5 Futaba CM

She's voiced by Aoi Yuuki. She known among overseas fans for voicing Madoka from the Madoka Magica series.

English VA, so far we only had a snippet by Cassandra Lee Morris (Edea Lee from Bravely Default) when she voiced Morgana's intro to AtlusUSA's stage event during E3 2016.

Well I don't consider myself qualified to judge jp voices, but she's definitely not soft spoken haha, hopefully they don't make her english voice too whiny.

Yeah I forgot about that Morgana clip, can't remember it that well but I think she sounded alright.

Mediking

Why would I be?

Persona 5 isn't exactly taxing on the console or have mindblowing graphics.
It has good art direction and aesthetics but getting a 4k/hdr TV and a ps4 pro for that is kinda....

I might get a PS4 Pro IF they offer a trade-in discount and even then it wouldn't be for P5

But Persona 5 in 4K!!!!! The Velvet Room in 4K!!!! Joker in 4K!!!!! Morgana in 4K!!!! Anne in 4K!!!!!! HahahahahaHahaha.

Makio

Persona 5 Futaba CM
She's voiced by Aoi Yuuki. She known among overseas fans for voicing Madoka from the Madoka Magica series

Funny because my top choice for her is the english Madoka without knowning who voice her in Japan , but after listening this CM Futaba sound more feisty than i though so i dont quite see Cabanos as her anymore , more like Haru type now

Now i think about it all my top choices for the "waifus" of P5 had a role in Madoka dub
(Cristina Vee , Cristine Cabanos , Carrie Keranen , Lauren Landa , Sarah Williams) and the already confirmed Cassandra Lee Morris

(Wait thats a Hyperdimension Neptunia cast too ... oh well)

------
After seeing how diferent the ps3 and ps4 versions of P5 are i dont know how diferent can be play it in PS4 Pro when the ps4 version is a ps3 port running in 1080

Mediking

i literally can't tell the difference between 4k and 1080 so

4K apparently has so many pixels - Mark Cerny

After seeing how diferent the ps3 and ps4 versions of P5 are i dont how diferent can be play it in PS4 Pro when the ps4 version is a ps3 port running in 1080

I thought PS4 Pro was gonna have developers (or most big 3rd party developers) be obligated to make their game push to 4K quality. Persona 5 really wouldn't get a boost? Hell, if Shadow of Overrated Modor can get a damn boost then....

I don't believe the 4K upscaling is a system level thing for the Pro. It has to be tinkered with on the developers end. At least that's my understanding of what we heard today.

As for the requirement for devs to support the Pro that we've heard rumors about, P5 is releasing before the cutoff date (right?) and its only a required minimum of 1080p with a framerate no less than the OG PS4's. Not necessarily a requirement of some sort of significant boost. Someone correct me if that's wrong though.

I imagine that if Atlus did want to take advantage of the Pro, which I doubt, you'd get a higher framerate and maybe slightly better IQ. Like Makio says I think any differences would be marginal at best.

Mediking

I don't believe the 4K upscaling is a system level thing for the Pro. It has to be tinkered with on the developers end. At least that's my understanding of what we heard today.

As for the requirement for devs to support the Pro that we've heard rumors about, P5 is releasing before the cutoff date (right?) and its only a required minimum of 1080p with a framerate no less than the OG PS4's. Not necessarily a requirement of some sort of significant boost. Someone correct me if that's wrong though.

I imagine that if Atlus did want to take advantage of the Pro, which I doubt, you'd get a higher framerate and maybe slightly better IQ. Like Makio says I think any differences would be marginal at best.

"But the detail in Joker's clothes and hair will be magnified to 4K quality on PS4 Pro!!"

Seriously though... I could've swore developers were obligated in some form to push their games to 4K quality or just better performance/visuals on PS4 Pro with their games.

Dantis

The Persona 5 title screen is in latest Famitsu and I think you can see
Goro's mask
in the back.

Can you actually make anything out from it?

I'm a bit bummed that Soejima is not the art director of P5, but Sudo seems to be doing a great job. Soejima's handwriting is all over the game anyway.

Edit: Seems like Sudo is "only" the art director of the GUI.

I'd be pretty surprised if it turns out Soejima isn't th art director. So much of his art and style is in the game. Even the logo looks like something he's worked on.

Found it:

Starting in October, every PS4 game is required to ship with both a “Base Mode” which will run on the currently available PS4 and a “NEO Mode” for use on the new console.
But...
Additionally, games released in the late September window will require a day one patch that updates them to NEO standards.
And...
Games running in NEO mode will be able to use the hardware upgrades (and an additional 512 MiB in the memory budget) to offer increased and more stable frame rate and higher visual fidelity, at least when those games run at 1080p on HDTVs. The NEO will also support 4K image output, but games themselves are not required to be 4K native.
Whatever late September is the PS4 version of P5 we've been seeing is already 1080p so I don't think anything needs to be done to comply with this. It's only a matter of Atlus deciding to leverage the Pro's power for something like what I said in my other post.

Edit: But it appears that every game will be able to benefit from improved (stable) framerate. But P5 doesn't seem graphically demanding and if I had to hazzard a guess the game is already locked at 30 so I doubt that changes anything. That would benefit something like Fallout 4 that has frequent dips in fr.

DNAbro

Can you actually make anything out from it?

I'd be pretty surprised if it turns out Soejima isn't th art director. So much of his art and style is in the game. Even the logo looks like something he's worked on.

The image is too small to really tell anything. You can just tell someone is back there with a mask. Main menu looks dope though.

Dantis

Pretty sure Neo Mode just means that the console has to run on PS Pro. I don't think there's a stipulation that it has to be better.

Mediking

Found it:

But... And...
Whatever late September is the PS4 version of P5 we've been seeing is already 1080p so I don't think anything needs to be done to comply with this. It's only a matter of Atlus deciding to leverage the Pro's power for something like what I said in my other post.

Hmmm thanks for digging this up. We'll see if Persona 5 becomes one of those "omg!!! Look at it on PS4 Pro!!!!" games that Sony pushes. Hell, they're pushing old overrated games like Shadow of Mordor for PS4 Pro!

Hmmm thanks for digging this up. We'll see if Persona 5 becomes one of those "omg!!! Look at it on PS4 Pro!!!!" games that Sony pushes. Hell, they're pushing old overrated games like Shadow of Mordor for PS4 Pro!

Very, VERY unlikely.

You have to remember, this was originally a PS3 game (and it still is). It's not the sort of game you use to push the power and visual fidelity of a console upgrade.

Mediking

Very, VERY unlikely.

You have to remember, this was originally a PS3 game (and it still is). It's not the sort of game you use to push the power and visual fidelity of a console upgrade.

GTA V and Tomb Raider (reboot) and even flawed Watch Dogs says hi.

But I really do understand what you're saying.

We'll see if Persona 5 becomes one of those "omg!!! Look at it on PS4 Pro!!!!" games that Sony pushes.
I can't really see P5 benefiting much from any Pro enhancements. Its art style makes it a kind of game that wouldn't really appear to be any more impressive than it already is. It looks great, but it's no uncharted 4 in terms of detail and that's fine.

Mediking

I can't really see P5 benefiting much from any Pro enhancements. Its art style makes it a kind of game that wouldn't really appear to be any more impressive than it already is. It looks great, but it's no uncharted 4 in terms of detail and that's fine.

There was a time when I thought Atlus was so pro-Sony (kinda like how Square Enix is synonymous with Playstation sometimes) that Atlus making PS4 Pro's Edition of Persona 5 a crazy high performance game would be automatic. There would be no discussing it because that's just how Atlus was. Now... I'm not so sure anymore. Lol like I'm actually even surprised Persona 5 doesn't even have PSVR support.

I just need to hear if Persona 5 is gonna be 4K and 60fps on PS4 Pro.

Theodoricos

Speaking of version differences, I do have to ask: content-wise, the PS3 version of Persona 5 should be the same as the PS4 version, right? I won't be missing out on anything but improved graphics if I buy the PS3 one? Do we have any information on that yet?

Mediking

Speaking of version differences, I do have to ask: content-wise, the PS3 version of Persona 5 should be the same as the PS4 version, right? I won't be missing out on anything but improved graphics if I buy the PS3 one? Do we have any information on that yet?

Not to be that guy... but I really do want PSVR support on P5. Like you can see the Velvet Room or your demons in VR when you fight. If you can't get that experience on PS3... I'm sorry. ;_;

DNAbro

Not to be that guy... but I really do want PSVR support on P5. Like you can see the Velvet Room or your demons in VR when you fight. If you can't get that experience on PS3... I'm sorry. ;_;

bro keep your fantasies in.

I think it's 1080p + improved image quality/textures. vs 720p

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member

There is absolutely no reason for the PS3 version to have less content than the PS4 version. It's also not mentioned anywhere.

Lusankya

Yeah, no difference content-wise. Was already confirmed by Atlus officials. I mean it would be a very, very, very bad decision otherwise.

Makio

Really need the confirmation in that tbh but i sure if we going to miss some content because is exclusive to ps4 they should tell by now so they can turn those preorders of ps3 into ps4 ones

EDIT : thanks for the confirmation guys

Related or not im kinda surprised the game is one week left to release and we dont hear anything about DLC yet beside the ones included in the collection edition
Like at this point games like SMT IV final or Tokyo Mirage Sessions had DLC announced already

So any costumes and weapons gonna be already included in game like they did in Golden unless they plan to throw all the dlc bullshi... after release

Top Bottom