• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Makio

I don't mind spoiling the OST except for the final boss and credits themes, personally.

The OST is the thing is going to get me "calm" for these months but im happy with listening clear versions of the tracks we listen so far i dont need listen the whole thing avoid final boss themes and credits too unless Atlus already spoil those without knowing

I wonder when we'll get more English footage, or at least voice actor reveals.

Like say before the earlier is gonna be end of this month but with SMT IV already starting his heavy marketing this month i dont see P5 trying to steal the spotlight (pun no intented) but in October i hope hear that dub at least more characters than Morgana

And yet they failed miserably when they tried to find out who voiced Naoto in Persona 4.

In their defense they guess new Rise VA (Ashly Burch) right away there again after Kira Buckland got to debunked the rumors in Twiiter it was her when even SMT wikia "confirmed" was her but it was a 50/50 situation lol
Fandom got good ear by now is more easy to spot these actors now specially Atlus who use people who you had a high chance to listen more than once even in their own games.

--------------------------

I almost buy it a japanese copy of P5 but even for me more than $50 for a "playable demo" is too much i call it like that because i dont know a single thing in japanese so basically im gonna try my luck in gameplay when i cant even read the menus (at least the ones in japanese lol) thanks but no thanks

Jintor

Huh I didn't think about buying from Japanese PSN.

Ehhhhh it would've been a hassle setting up an account. Though I could've thought ahead and gotten PSN cards before I left japan...

_Ryo_

Finally got around to reading that long interview.

Brainwashing: Confirmed. If "Changing minds by reaching with the palm of your hand" isn't brainwashing, I dunno what is.

Makio

Looks like the P5 protagonist is well liked

What a disrepect for the people who is trying to avoid spoilers .... geez

*start to read the whole thing anyway*

based in the first impression of the female teacher
is gonna be a interesting social link or co-op
Looking forward to it

DNAbro

Want to say I really love the song that plays in the last scene of The Daybreakers. It's just so chill and relaxing.

Soriku

Finally got around to reading that long interview.

Brainwashing: Confirmed. If "Changing minds by reaching with the palm of your hand" isn't brainwashing, I dunno what is.

yakuza-zero-gif-animated-lights-off-ps4-ps3-game.gif

In shocking news:
There's an unlockable difficulty setting above hard called Challenge.

(via an image in famitsu)

And apparently you can chose to name your Phantom Thief team.

Zolo

In shocking news:
There's an unlockable difficulty setting above hard called Challenge.
I think we'd actually heard about this before.

And apparently you can chose to name your Phantom Thief team.

Atlus is becoming cruel. People have a hard enough time choosing a name not knowing whawt's canon. Now they have to choose a team name too.

Davilmar

I actually managed to finish playing Yakuza 0 (with limited Japanese knowledge), so I am always happy to see a reference to that game. The blackout is more or less how I will have to treat Persona 5 until next year. It is going to suck so badly. On top of graduate school this semester.

cj_iwakura

Since I saw that someone(*cough*) with no knowledge of Japanese is importing P5, hopefully some of you find my Soul Hackers/SMT import resources useful.

This is how I got through Soul Hackers Saturn. Trial and error!

Welcome to post this wherever you like.
Much of this was thanks to Turnip's Soul Hackers LP.

If nothing else, KNOW YOUR SPELLS.
Can't stress that enough.

artsi

You could actually learn katakana pretty quickly to read spell and skill names, if you insist playing the imported version without Japanese knowledge :p

But that guide is pretty nice.

cj_iwakura

With a bit of practice, buff spells and the elements will stand out pretty quick, and those should get you through most fights.

Basics like Agi and Zan tend to only have two characters.

Moaradin

Lol I put hundreds of hours into this series and I still couldn't tell you what all the buffs and debuffs do without reading the description.

The only thing that stuck for me is Agi, Bufu, Hama, etc.

artsi

I feel like it already took me too long to get used to the spell names in English.

They're actually (most) in English in Japanese version too, just using Japanese characters.

Like Agilao would read:

アギラオ

ア = a
ギ = gi
ラ = ra
オ = o

For offensive spells, I'm sure knowing the icon and mp cost is enough to have a vague idea of what it does.

From various previews though:
Apparently, at least early on in the game, there's parts where you have to figure out where to go by talking to npc's, when finding the cafe or navigating the train system. A lot of Japanese speakers have talked about getting lost at these parts. That sounds like it's going to be fun for non-Japanese speakers.

CsFOT56UAAALcjg.jpg

It begins (via: https://twitter.com/P5jouhoukyoku/status/774987734758727680) edit: maybe.

DNAbro

For offensive spells, I'm sure knowing the icon and mp cost is enough to have a vague idea of what it does.

Apparently, at least early on in the game, there's parts where you have to figure out where to go by talking to npc's, when finding the cafe or navigating the train system. A lot of Japanese speakers have talked about getting lost at these parts. That sounds like it's going to be fun for non-Japanese speakers.

CsFOT56UAAALcjg.jpg

It begins (via: https://twitter.com/P5jouhoukyoku/status/774987734758727680)

Soundtrack needs to be uploaded ASAP

Sakura

I'm sitting here praying to god Amazon comes through for once and delivers the game on release day. Meanwhile these people get the game already ;_;

CsFOT56UAAALcjg.jpg

It begins (via: https://twitter.com/P5jouhoukyoku/status/774987734758727680) edit: maybe.
No place to hide...
No place to run
The P5 spoiler age... has now begun

Dantis

That 20 anniversary cd include P5 tracks right ....
Hope im been listening to that tomorrow tbh

There's a disc of P5 tracks, yeah.

My suspicion is still that 95% of the 20th anniversary OST is going to be cutdown versions of previous songs. Won't believe it's remixes untl I see it.

Zolo

Hmm....we manipulate the thoughts of people into reforming. In a way, we hack their mind. Therefore, the team should be called mind hackers. Then again, the heart could be said to be more like a soul. Therefore, soul hackers might be a better team name.

Setsu00

Hmm....we manipulate the thoughts of people into reforming. In a way, we hack their mind. Therefore, the team should be called mind hackers. Then again, the heart could be said to be more like a soul. Therefore, soul hackers might be a better team name.

Hack you!

I think I might go for 審判, 'Judgement', for the team name, even though it might be a bit too plain.

EDIT: For whoever is going to play P5 without knowing any Japanese, I recommend these two guides, one for hiragana and one for katakana, made by Tofugu. These two coupled with some practice with a simple drag and drop exercise (which can be easily found on Google) will be more than enough to learn both well enough in just a few days or less.

Makio

There's a disc of P5 tracks, yeah.
Im just fine with a clear version of the battle theme or/and the clear version of the pv04 theme (vocals) thats all i need for now

Therefore, soul hackers might be a better team name.
Heart Hackers , Soul Hackers gonna be my team name thanks for the idea

Crazy comments in that unboxing video every wants the OST buf im sure that guy is not going deliver , i see him streaming the game tho until Atlus police got him

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
"Bullet Club, for, for, life"
"I'm gonna' kill them, so I shot them with my gun,"
"I killed a human, I think I'm on the run,"
"I killed a human, I shot them with my gun,"
"I'm going to shoot them," x3
"I'm going to shoot them, I shot them with my gun"

Yeah, my Phantom Thieves will be called "The Bullet Club"

Makio

Yeah seems the dude of the unboxing created a P5 playlist so a lets play pretty much confirmed ...

Gotta love the dude who ask for the tracklist of the ost discs is fine ask for the game ost but is easy to copypaste the tracklist than rip the cds haha

Top Bottom