• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

I like how the unboxing showed the artbook but not the track list

Also how the artbook also doesn't appear to contain Goro's thief form/persona.

Makio

That's cool not like the Fire Emblem Fates one who include one of the final bosses of the game so spoilers before you ever played the game and got curious about the artwork first rofl

artsi

I like how the unboxing showed the artbook but not the track list

Yah, they went spoiler free with the artbook.
I guess they will release a thicker (more expensive) one later.

But it's ok, I got all the Soejima artbooks I've got my hands on.

.JayZii

Banned
Lol I put hundreds of hours into this series and I still couldn't tell you what all the buffs and debuffs do without reading the description.

The only thing that stuck for me is Agi, Bufu, Hama, etc.
It took me a long time to rmember what they were, and I still forget sometimes. Though I have a few mnemonic tips:

Spells ending in "unda" are debuffs, and "unda" sounds like "under". Like you are making their stats go under the normal level. Once you remember unda, you'll know that "kaja" spells are the buffs.

"Taru" spells are atTAck. "Suku" spells are speed (both start with "s") meaning hit/evasion, and then you know "raku" is defense by process of elimination.

I can never remember most of the status spells, though. Other than Poisma, Enervation, and Foolish Whisper because those make some sense.

I think I might go for 審判, 'Judgement', for the team name, even though it might be a bit too plain.

"Shinpan" sounds kind of lame, though. I'd go with maybe 刑罰 "keibatsu" or 判断 "handan" for judgement.

kiyoaki

The artbook and the back cover of the box look so sexy. Makes me almost regret I canceled my preorder for the 20th anniversary edition and switched to digital. But with shipping it was stupidly expensive, and I want to start playing right away on the 14th.

asagami_

Banned
You mean Masquerade. :p

Actually I like more Masked circle, but well, I'm the one who really liked Eikichi's Michelle name. The "circle" remind me to Dennou Coil, actually xD

Oh my god, outside P1 and P2 Batsu
and its lack of official traduction
, everything about PSP P2 Tsumi is sooo wrong.

Lunar15

In my playthrough of P5:

"Have you heard about the vigilantes going around brainwashing people?"

"All of Tokyo has learned to fear them. I've heard they go by the name... The Sneakmans"

Dantis

Not to spoil anyone's fun, but I'm pretty sure naming your team only applies to the online aspect of the game.

In the main story I'm 99% sure you're going to be the Phantom Thieves of Hearts.

.JayZii

Banned
Not to spoil anyone's fun, but I'm pretty sure naming your team only applies to the online aspect of the game.

In the main story I'm 99% sure you're going to be the Phantom Thieves of Hearts.
Hopefully the localization makes that title a bit less clunky in English.

artsi

Hey guys. It's finally happening.
https://a.pomf.cat/dosqej.webm

Get in the spoiler bunker.

FdiaCPw.gif

I was apparently born on the same day as Aigis, down to the year, and I didn't friggin' know. Lol

5685a24723.png

(happy belated birthday, aigis)

barybll

Banned
Welp I just did it

I pre-ordered the JPN game, without knowing japanese outside of hiragana and katakana and some basic words.

Yet I feel no regrets...

that makes it even better

Hey guys. It's finally happening.
https://a.pomf.cat/dosqej.webm

Get in the spoiler bunker.

It's so gorgeous, tear.

It's nice to get a better look at the oh-so-mysterious ninth team member's mask. When people were talking about a plague doctor mask, I had pictured the creepy historical version, not the masquerade version. D'oh.

It doesn't seem to be quite as phallic as Geralt's, though I'm sure it will be as pretty.

Geralt_Mask.jpg

(I'm assuming this doesn't have to be spoiler tagged, as the title screen gif has been going around GAF all week.)

.JayZii

Banned
I don't have the 88 dollars for the Japanese version 8D
I was considering getting the downloadable version off of psn, but $105 is pretty steep to pay for the yen psn cards to get it.

We'll see how long I can hold out.
It doesn't seem to be quite as phallic as Geralt's, though I'm sure it will be as pretty.

Geralt_Mask.jpg
Don't worry. Not to spoil anything, but Goro's thief outfit has a big floppy dong on it.

Makio

The main menu music is glorious ...im too weak im gonna spoil myself with all or buy/ play the japanese version before the year ends

And yeah the only ones who treat Goro as a big ass spoiler is Atlus themselves , looking to the menu video in a big screen it seems Goro mask had a long nose ...

Tamanon

Banned
Alright, even as a spoiler hunter, I'd say we should probably not have any more stuff like the title screen openly spoiled in the thread.

Sophia

Alright, even as a spoiler hunter, I'd say we should probably not have any more stuff like the title screen openly spoiled in the thread.

I can't remember if Atlus released the titlescreen themselves or not.

Regardless, everyone should keep in mind that if it wasn't released by Atlus, it belongs in spoiler tags.

Mediking

It's best to not even be here or on Youtube. Waiting until the English release is a true test of spoiler dodging. What's inevitable is that some things will get spoiled. Maybe you casually search something for cool Persona fan art and BLAM! Suddenly you're seeing stuff you don't wanna see. It sucks but that's the situation.

I can't remember if Atlus released the titlescreen themselves or not.

Regardless, everyone should keep in mind that if it wasn't released by Atlus, it belongs in spoiler tags.

They kind of did. There was a smallish screen in famitsu, and it was shown during a famitsu stream.

Either way, I wouldn't consider the title screen too bad, but with unofficial media incoming, it should not be embeded and properly tagged.

Lynx_7

Spoiling the title screen sounds way too ridiculous a concept for me. It's the thing you see when you boot the game that asks you to press a button to start. Spoiler culture has gone too far.

.JayZii

Banned
Spoiling the title screen sounds way too ridiculous a concept for me. It's the thing you see when you boot the game that asks you to press a button to start. Spoiler culture has gone too far.
The game box is a spoiler too. It shows all of your party members.

Or does it?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member

No it's not game ruining stuff, but in a game with as much visual style as this, I can understand why people would like to be surprised by it. It's not hard to just spoiler tag this sort of stuff.

Mediking

The 1st impression of something is almost always the best impression.

Two questions (The link is to the anime episode, if you're trying to avoid it don't click it)

1) Has anyone posted the OST yet somewhere?

2) If so, does it have a clean version of this song? I know it's originally from PV2 but was curious if they released the lyric version anywhere.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Two questions (The link is to the anime episode, if you're trying to avoid it don't click it)

2) If so, does it have a clean version of this song? I know it's originally from PV2 but was curious if they released the lyric version anywhere.

No and no.

Mediking

image.php

Sweet Mother.... I never thought I would see that guy ever again.... I can't believe I never discussed him at all. Isn't he based off something??? Oh and...
I loved that moment when you hear his voice in Persona 4 when you visit the P3 Dorm

Top Bottom