• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Lusankya

Damn, what's going on? Looks like I missed a ton over the weekend.

See a lot of good people leaving here so that's it for the forums? Or can this continue? I really liked the place.

I'ver never looked into the OffTopic forums, but based on the healthy amount of members who fought against the racists, sexists and other horrible persons in the gaming forums I guess it was a good place.

Mediking

That should be everyone... if you didn't get a PM and you posted earlier... lemme know. I'll try to see you another discord link later today.

Damn, what's going on? Looks like I missed a ton over the weekend.

See a lot of good people leaving here so that's it for the forums? Or can this continue? I really liked the place.

I'ver never looked into the OffTopic forums, but based on the healthy amount of members who fought against the racists, sexists and other horrible persons in the gaming forums I guess it was a good place.

It's.... it's.... complicated.

The site's owner is in alotta heat, various people are leaving for various of reasons, I'm still here because I'm so used to GAF. Hopefully this place can regain its awesomeness. Now about PersonaGAF.... alotta people have left to join the Persona discord ran by Sophia and a few others. If you wanna join, you can either send me a dm on Twitter at @Mediking9 or wait for a PM on GAF. Either way... I'll send you the link in a few hours.

Lusankya

That should be everyone... if you didn't get a PM and you posted earlier... lemme know. I'll try to see you another discord link later today.

The site's owner is in alotta heat, various people are leaving for various of reasons, I'm still here because I'm so used to GAF. Hopefully this place can regain its awesomeness. Now about PersonaGAF.... alotta people have left to join the Persona discord ran by Sophia and a few others. If you wanna join, you can either send me a dm on Twitter at @Mediking9 or wait for a PM on GAF. Either way... I'll send you the link in a few hours.

Thank you, I would appreciate a PM. I am not too familiar with Discord, is it like a combination of IRC and voice chat? Or can there be threads I can read even months later?

yuuki

which discord server is it?

If I enjoyed P3,P4,P5, should I give 1 or 2 a try? they look a little outdated, also, is the vita a good place to try them?

I enjoyed SMT IV, on the 3ds, but I didn't finished (mainly because I lost the save game) if it helps.

Mediking, thank you for taking time to send the invites! Whenever you get a chance, could you send one my way? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Omikaru

I haven't posted in PersonaGAF for a year or two, at least, but I was still part of this community once, and a lot of my friends were still posting here before the weekend.

Just want to say I've made it to the Discord, and for those of you who won't be coming along, goodbye. Hope to see as many of you on there as possible.

Zafir

Oh, if there's a separate discord for Persona besides the SMT one could I get an invite to it as well please? Thanks.

killatopak

Gold Member

hey uh, can I get an invite as well?

If there's a separate one for the SMT discord then I'd like to join the Persona one as well. Not that I've already joined the SMT one since it seems it's taking a while to get invites.

Thanks a lot.

Makio

Jesus i wanted to live the Dancing Nights hype with all you guys , but i guess this is it.

Great memories for years and such-

Mitsuru is the best girl plus
Sae >Makoto

Mediking if you can send me an invite to the persona gaf discord , i would love to be part of it.

Goodbye everyone it's be fun,

RPGCrazied

I refuse to let one person screw over an community this large. I've visited other sites this week and I'm sorry none of them hold a candle to the ease of use GAF has. Plus I'm use to it.

cheez124

I’d like an invite as well. Didn’t post here as much as I would’ve liked, but you all seem like great people and I have no one else to talk about Persona with, lol

HeelPower

I was once SO confused when someone complained about Persona 5's dungeons and preferred P3's dungeons.

But I just started P3 and I think I get it now.The dungeon crawling is pretty slick without any of P5's constant interruptions. Even P5 obviously has a lot more variety on the surface and amazing art direction.

As much as I admire P5, it does take away control from you way too often. Its gonna be hard to replay because there are just so many forced conversations you can't skip, stealth slows you down and other artificial road blocks such as annoying puzzles.

P5 is...more..clunky than P3..somehow. In P3 you just hop in,do battles,collect treasure and leave or continue at your own risk.

Hanulinen

Neo Member
Discord link for me too please! 🙏
Twitter: @Hanulinen

I only posted once here but lurked regularly. All these goodbyes are making me so sad! ;;;(((

Tace

I would like an invite to the discord if possible. Love SMT/Persona and I lurked in this thread. Would like to be more active on the discord

Lunar15

GAF is over, but I'd like to thank so many members of PersonaGAF for an excellent ride over the past few years. For a long time, this was the community I spent most of my time in. The lead up to 5 was probably the craziest lead up to a game I've ever experienced in my life, and most of that was how fun this community could get when things were at their peak. A lot of people stopped posting a while ago, for understandable reasons. They know who they are and I enjoyed the brighter parts of this community.

I'm part of the SMT Discord, and I'm sure one way or another I'll work my way over to the Persona discord. Hope to see some of you there.

Would like a Discord invite as well. I'm already on the SMT Discord, so maybe it could also be done through there? PM is fine, too.

I was once SO confused when someone complained about Persona 5's dungeons and preferred P3's dungeons.

But I just started P3 and I think I get it now.The dungeon crawling is pretty slick without any of P5's constant interruptions. Even P5 obviously has a lot more variety on the surface and amazing art direction.

As much as I admire P5, it does take away control from you way too often. Its gonna be hard to replay because there are just so many forced conversations you can't skip, stealth slows you down and other artificial road blocks such as annoying puzzles.

P5 is...more..clunky than P3..somehow. In P3 you just hop in,do battles,collect treasure and leave or continue at your own risk.
Definitely agree. I was just thinking about this today. I'm currently doing a NG+ playthrough of P5 and somehow the dungeons feel like a slog, more than they did the first time around. Now that I know them and their puzzles, I find that I prefer the setup from P3 and P4. They were blander, sure, but you could shut down your brain and grind away. The dungeons in P5 are too varied to allow that. Solving puzzles, going in and out of cover, trying to ambush shadows... You need to pay attention to what is happening, yet at the same time what is happening is not interesting enough to actually hold your attention.

kiriin

Something something catgirl drawing, Buddha still believing Persona 1 wasn't that bad. Something something Tuesday. Maria sucks. FeMC not canon. Something something "Your Thread Title Sucks, Yukiko"

Top Bottom