• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

franconp

Finally I wake up and there are some post:

I imagine we'll get around to posting some read lists anyway so meh. If you want to do this I'd prefer to just start dropping questions while we're both active and respond on the fly rather than having a day to come up with stuff.

OK, it's on. If you want me to be truly active that would be like 12hs from now when I get home after work.

Interestingly enough, Fran is playing a little bit more hectic and wild than I remember from Overwatch mafia. He was town there, and it's not an indication of scum, but I think it's something to look out for.

Sure? I had discussions with Eze, I called out vere for his passive aggresive answer, I had a long beef with melon and the last few day had a big "fight" with nin who called me a jerk (not his words, but almost). And I tried so hard to have a fight with Stanley but it didn't happened because he didn't took the bait.

The only difference I see is that I'm not making the connections and conspiracy post that I did last time. That's mostly because I don't want to look like a crazy man so soon.

Effective immediately, Rynam has been replaced by Ty4on.

Hi Ty!

Too bad, because I'm dropping it for now.

I really hate when someone drops a point. If you are going to say something you have to defend your point.

I find amazing that Sorian didn't post anything last night. It's usually his posting hours and I thought he would be all over the discussion.

franconp

Oh, and I would love to hear reads and thoughts on the past few pages from Zipped and especially Rats. I just realized I forgot they were in the game.

I totally forgot that Zipped was in this game.

Also Sophia what's the deal with Rats. Is he getting probed? It's been more than 24hs from his last post.

OK, it's on. If you want me to be truly active that would be like 12hs from now when I get home after work.
Kk. That should be fine. That is 7am for me and I'm not working tomorrow so have plans tonight that could interfere but it should be good. I know you work soon or would say let's do it now.

I have no idea what Flux's alignment is but that long ass post front PK was so newbie town that it hurts.
Hmm. So newbie it hurts at least. I agree that there would be team help after the call-out he's had but... I think there's quite a bit of potential craftiness on the scum team. My first game was HP scum and I had crab literally giving me things to copy and paste when I got marked by the goddamn neutral cop. This goes to show there both there can be a lot of potential scum control and also that it can be ignored.

Sorian

Banned
Finally I wake up and there are some post:

Sure? I had discussions with Eze, I called out vere for his passive aggresive answer, I had a long beef with melon and the last few day had a big "fight" with nin who called me a jerk (not his words, but almost). And I tried so hard to have a fight with Stanley but it didn't happened because he didn't took the bait.

The only difference I see is that I'm not making the connections and conspiracy post that I did last time. That's mostly because I don't want to look like a crazy man so soon.

Hi Ty!

I really hate when someone drops a point. If you are going to say something you have to defend your point.

I find amazing that Sorian didn't post anything last night. It's usually his posting hours and I thought he would be all over the discussion.

I didn't get to take my lunch until 2:30 in the morning, later than usually by like an hour/hour and a half. Semi-here now, work is slow.

Banned
Rats Off To Ya and Zippedpinhead if you're reading this thread please report in with your thoughts. I'm interested in what you guys have to say, especially Zippedpinhead.

I mean I find it kinda interesting that users mentioned PK Gaming was suspicious for his pre-game vs game posting activity but yet the same could be said for Rats Off To Ya who posted a lot pre-game but hasn't said anything at all after (well, besides being town, of course). I understand if real life commitments have gotten in the way but I believe it's been 2 days since his last post.

Ty4on

Yo!

Got replaced while I was sleeping, but I have been following the game and writing notes.

I'm working these next few days and will be less active around 15-24/3pm-12am (sometimes I can post a bit, other times I can't even follow the thread) which sadly includes day end, but outside of that (and sleeping) I should be active.

These were my reads last night:
------------------------
Townie (random order)
franconp
plop

Seems fine
Matt Attack
Nakito
Style
TheExodu5
exmachina64
Verelios

Null
BlackBuzzard
Vanguard
WhereAreMahDragonz
Rats Off To Ya
Zippedpinhead

Uncertain
Flatearthpanda
FluxWaveZ
StarSketch

Scummy (ordered)
PK Gaming
Sorian
I've been unsure what to make of Flux and Sorian since the game started, but i liked Flux' prodding of PK Gaming. PK Gaming really struck me as off.

I didn't really scum read Style when he was pressured. Didn't have a strong town read, but he seemed to stick out too much and didn't feel like backpedalling scum when caught.

Franconp plays like I remember him in the last game and is very proactive.
plop just seems townie. He's not scared of joining the conversation and bringing it forward and seems genuinely interested in solving the game. He's my strongest town read.

Sorian

Banned
Yo!

Got replaced while I was sleeping, but I have been following the game and writing notes.

I'm working these next few days and will be less active around 15-24/3pm-12am (sometimes I can post a bit, other times I can't even follow the thread) which sadly includes day end, but outside of that (and sleeping) I should be active.

These were my reads last night:

I've been unsure what to make of Flux and Sorian since the game started, but i liked Flux' prodding of PK Gaming. PK Gaming really struck me as off.

I didn't really scum read Style when he was pressured. Didn't have a strong town read, but he seemed to stick out too much and didn't feel like backpedalling scum when caught.

Franconp plays like I remember him in the last game and is very proactive.
plop just seems townie. He's not scared of joining the conversation and bringing it forward and seems genuinely interested in solving the game. He's my strongest town read.

Am I your scummiest but you gave no reasoning for me being scummy in that post? I retract my earlier question. Thank you for being honest.

Ty4on

Am I your scummiest but you gave no reasoning for me being scummy in that post? I retract my earlier question. Thank you for being honest.

But I'm town ;_;

It's the other way round, PK is my top scum. I don't have a solid scum read on you and wouldn't wanna lynch you today, but you have always been suspicious. You started looking suspicious early game commenting on Flux' ideas, then I town read you more and scum read Flux more and then around the time Flux voted PK Gaming you two flipped. My reads have also gone against yours a bit. I wanna look into Style and Vanguard to see if I agree or understand your read.

Anyhow, what do you think of Flux? Sorry if you did just last night, but I haven't seen you two talk much except for game start.

Ty4on

[...]
PK lurking isn't a good look at all. Hard to say much past that. They aren't exactly hiding the fact and I've seen the "I like to get more facts before actively playing" excuse before and it tends to be valid. Without knowing how PK would play mafia, that's all null to me.
[...]

I really didn't like this read. Felt like "gotta fake some opinion here" and the null conclusion made it worse.

Ty4on

I'd like a Verelios read from you as well if possible, Sorian. You made an early town read of him, but haven't said much.

I lean town on him, but he is kinda in my blind spot.

Ty4on

Interestingly enough, Fran is playing a little bit more hectic and wild than I remember from Overwatch mafia. He was town there, and it's not an indication of scum, but I think it's something to look out for.

This is why I town read him. I feel like he'd be more quiet and his ideas, crazy as they are, look like someone solving. He's also starting discussions and not just latching onto what other people are saying.
This is a hilarious heel turn from you, Flux. You're asking the guy you swore to get lynched today to stack votes with you. This is really hilarious.

Have you stopped for a moment to think that I don't actually think I'm untouchable, but I'm uncaring because everyone already wanted my head from page 2 onwards?

Not many posts ago you were talking about making a "sacrificial vote" and being perfectly fine with lynching a villager. You call me "uncaring for what actually happens on either side of a war", but you are the one surprisingly alright with losing someone on your side on day 1. Perfect logic.

And now you are back to running a crusade on me just because I loosened up and had some fun watching you and PK have at each other. I know you both pretty well from PersonaGAF so it was entertaining. Get over it.

I'm not even going to bother throwing an OMGUS vote on you, because honestly I think you are a power role. And if you are you should probably get the hint and catch on to why I think that and let it die. I really, really didn't want bring it up, but congratulations on twisting my hand.
I'm liking Style more from the last page. The tone screams DGAF to me and the shade at Flux feels genuine.

-----------------------------
Still not seeing the Flux "spark". He's a bit muted compared to other games I've played with him where he was town.

franconp

This is why I town read him. I feel like he'd be more quiet and his ideas, crazy as they are, look like someone solving. He's also starting discussions and not just latching onto what other people are saying.

Hey, I'm trying to keep the craziness to minimun!! I haven't started linking people together yet!!

Sorian

Banned
But I'm town ;_;

It's the other way round, PK is my top scum. I don't have a solid scum read on you and wouldn't wanna lynch you today, but you have always been suspicious. You started looking suspicious early game commenting on Flux' ideas, then I town read you more and scum read Flux more and then around the time Flux voted PK Gaming you two flipped. My reads have also gone against yours a bit. I wanna look into Style and Vanguard to see if I agree or understand your read.

Anyhow, what do you think of Flux? Sorry if you did just last night, but I haven't seen you two talk much except for game start.

Like I just said a couple hours ago, I haven't a clue on Flux. I'm thinking PK is town but I don't see Flux and PK as definite opposites so that read gives me nothing on Flux. He hasn't explicitly triggered me and he was an easy read for me as an outside observer to werewolf back in the day.

I really didn't like this read. Felt like "gotta fake some opinion here" and the null conclusion made it worse.

Take it how you will. It was a starting point for my read and in a climate where people were looking for an easy scapegoat, I wanted to cut through the shit and give my opinion that this super scumtell was nothing to me.

I'd like a Verelios read from you as well if possible, Sorian. You made an early town read of him, but haven't said much.

I lean town on him, but he is kinda in my blind spot.

Still a slight town read. He doesn't post enough for my tastes but I've either straight agreed with everything he's said so far or at least seen consistent logic with it. Doesn't seem like scum at all trying to look busy or involved.

Sorian

Banned

I'm liking Style more from the last page. The tone screams DGAF to me and the shade at Flux feels genuine.

-----------------------------
Still not seeing the Flux "spark". He's a bit muted compared to other games I've played with him where he was town.

Flux is acting exactly the same as batman so far and he was such an easy scapegoat for me in that game to mislynch.

Ty4on

Your tone is a little townie Sorian. This is something that has bothered me because I couldn't solidify the read, but you're usually aggressive, almost overly so as scum. You haven't been passive, but you seem more uncertain and to be thinking more.

You're also less active due to work tho.

Work starts now for me, should be done in a little over seven hours, eight if things go south.

I did list some of my thoughts here but I'll post an update since a couple of pages have popped up since my last visit.

I too agree with the assessment that PK Gaming is incredibly suspicious. They were bearly active during the very start of the game, make a post asking if they can reference previous games to influence arguments (even though their new?) and after receiving an answer, they choose not to follow up. PK Gaming only jumps in to post after Natiko and FluzWaveZ post their suspicions of him and proceeds to vote for Style.

I would like if Zippedpinhead would appear so he could remove his vote. The player he had his (RNG) vote on is no longer playing so I would like to hear what he thinks of what is going on and who he would vote for now. If he does another RNG vote then I will more than likely change my vote to his as I believe we are well past that point.

Also Rats and Rynam or any other inactive I haven't mentioned please chime in.

unvote

I need to catch up. I had a very busy day at work yesterday which limited my availability.

I disagree on your opinion that we are "past the point" of an RNG vote having value, but I also don't think I will be RNG voting again. It still makes sense on day 1, regardless of how much discussion has gone on. Our vote today is inherently based on not a lot of information, and as such is typically a shot in the dark. Doesn't mean we can't have reasons as to how we vote, just that those reasons are not as solid as they would be day 2, day 3, etc.

Happy to see dragonz in this game! It was awesome the last game we played together.

And Ty4on! It's great to see so many familiar faces.

I like how Sorian has been playing so far, seems on the town side to me. Likewise I like PK_gaming (but mainly for the excellent choice of gifs). He seemed kinda bandwagony BUT that's not necessarily a bad thing, and we all know the dogpile is coming in the last hour of the day.

I don't need to "see the receipts" as flatearthpandas said for style, but I do find that gameplay on the scummy side. Could be a scum trying to make it appear and let the whole game know "hey I'll be doing stuff during night phase". Now this line of thought CAN benefit town but not usually (as in almost never) it typically just gets town killed.

11037 - new and hungry, hammering the boards for activity and voting, on us within hours of shit going down. No reason to doubt town.

Francorp (another DGRonpa alum!) about the same read I had of him from DGRonpa at this point, likely town

And that's where I stand, still reading the thread. Sorry for my inactivity yesterday.

TheExodu5

Banned
Was pretty set on Rynam...but seeing as how he just backed out of the game I think his lack of posting was just non committal from him. I'm leaning regular townie for Ty4on...usually the type of role that would have someone quit the game over.

I would like to pressure Rats or StarSketch since they've said about nothing...but I can see that will go absolutely nowhere.

I'm left with PK and Style to move this forward. PK has been confrontational, but he's sticking with his guns and doesn't strike me as scum. Styles play has just been weird as hell.

I'd rather get this moving now than end up with more indecision or a no lynch. We need a lynch candidate NOW. Not 15 minutes before day's end. No one has been under any real pressure so far. We're getting nowhere.

Vote: Style

franconp

I'd rather get this moving now than end up with more indecision or a no lynch. We need a lynch candidate NOW. Not 15 minutes before day's end. No one has been under any real pressure so far. We're getting nowhere.

Vote: Style

Why do we need a lynch candidate now? I agreed with the last 15m thing but there is still 1 and a half day left. Why should we rush the choice? Piling a lot of votes on one player lets scum join in the lynch mob easier and lets players in risk to act safer.

TheExodu5

Banned
Oh...thought the day ended today. Maybe not the time for a bus.

Style. You seem to be watching the infighting and posting reactions without really saying much. I would like some actual reads from you.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm still of the opinion that inactive posters are a dangerous liability thus far. Rats and StarSketch are giving us absolutely nothing to go on. To both of you, now is the time to contribute.

exmachina64 (0)
sorian 75 (140)

kerned (0)
zippedpinhead 88 (524)
natiko 126 (373)

sorian (0)
exmachina64 91 (148)

style (5)
ii-vanguard-ii 113
matt attack 182
11037 200
fluxwavez 206 (348)
pk gaming 353 (444)
fluxwavez 463 (492)
flatearthpandas 485
theexodu5 527

ii-vanguard-ii (2)
sorian 140
style 157 (391)
blackbuzzard 366

franconp (0)
plop 141 (439)
flatearthpandas 187 (485)

starsketch (1)
verelios 207

rynam (0)
theexodu5 241 (260)
theexodu5 395 (518)

blackbuzzard (0)
theexodu5 260 (371)
exmachina64 331 (398)

pk gaming (3)
fluxwavez 348 (463)
exmachina64 398
plop 439
fluxwavez 492

pkgaming (0)
theexodu5 371 (395)

roytheone (0)
el topo 388 (389)

fluxwavez (1)
pk gaming 444

Day Ends:

blu_1479502800.png

Ty4on

VOTE: PK Gaming

I agree with Exodus that it's a good idea to get votes out there so we see where people stand and who are on the cutting board. A D1 where a lot of people are close to be lynched is more likely to have scum fighting against a lynch. Even if we don't lynch them that's super helpful should they flip later on.

Last minute lynched also (IMO) have a tendency of being inactive townies because people are scared of lynching someone who feels useful. Scum can be inactive, but in my experience they seem to err on being kind and seeming useful. Scum really don't wanna be lynched :p

Worst offender to me was the Bronx-Man lynch in Pokemon where he was lynched with like 5 votes because town had no idea who to lynch.

Plop is also interesting to me. During my read of the thread he seemed to post a lot and quote a lot of people without really saying anything. He goes from Buzzard to PK as his top scum on the flip of a dime. I haven't felt any real consistency with him, which is worrying.

I wouldn't call it the flip of a dime. I gave reasons for my change of mind, and just because I'm more convinced of someone else doesn't mean I've suddenly cleared the original suspect from my mind.

As an aside, I've realized that I need to start at the beginning and reread every post while having a notebook open so I can keep track of who says what and my feelings about each person. I find myself forgetting certain details more than I feel comfortable with.

Verelios

I agree we should consolidate our vote before day end, but I'm still wary of Star. Not enough to call for a lynch, just enough to say 'what's happening?' It's a gut feeling and I'd rather she posted more so I can either go 'Aha!' or 'oh'.

As for PK, he has had a slow descent into lynch town. I'm not sure if this would've happened with a scum team helping. Maybe it would've, hard to say. He's probably the most suspect right now, discounting Style who I town read slightly from his...informative post last page.

Anyway, welcome Ty!

I'm not even going to bother throwing an OMGUS vote on you, because honestly I think you are a power role. And if you are you should probably get the hint and catch on to why I think that and let it die. I really, really didn't want bring it up, but congratulations on twisting my hand.

So then why did you paint a giant bullseye on Flux's back? It sounds to me like he got under your skin and you just lashed out in an unreasonable way and you still have not responded to anyone asking why you think he has a power role.

VOTE: Style

PK Gaming

Sup Ty4on, you seem like a cool dude (voting for me aside).

Figure I should do what I did in the pre-game and post goofy comics to add some levity.

tumblr_nb3hk2xhiH1sagetbo2_r1_500.png

It's pretty funny how in Persona 4 Arena, Akihiko ran around shirtless, and he shows up in a suit in the sequel but you never his bottom half.

source

Ty4on

I like how Sorian has been playing so far, seems on the town side to me. Likewise I like PK_gaming (but mainly for the excellent choice of gifs). He seemed kinda bandwagony BUT that's not necessarily a bad thing, and we all know the dogpile is coming in the last hour of the day.
Could you elaborate a little bit more?

Sorian can play a very convincing game as scum, lots of people thought his scum game in the championship was the strongest in the entire series and he fooled me the last game we played.

PK Gaming seems to only be focused in how scum read they are. The response to pressure just felt "oh shit, gotta fake some solving so I look townie" and I don't know why he's scum reading Flux. There were some Phoenix Wright gifs, but no reasoning between them.
It's also a weird way to respond as newbie town. I can understand frustrated, oblivious to why they're scum read, overly defensive etc., but that didn't read like a newbie town. It felt too artificial.

PK Gaming

Could you elaborate a little bit more?

Sorian can play a very convincing game as scum, lots of people thought his scum game in the championship was the strongest in the entire series and he fooled me the last game we played.

PK Gaming seems to only be focused in how scum read they are. The response to pressure just felt "oh shit, gotta fake some solving so I look townie" and I don't know why he's scum reading Flux. There were some Phoenix Wright gifs, but no reasoning between them.
It's also a weird way to respond as newbie town. I can understand frustrated, oblivious to why they're scum read, overly defensive etc., but that didn't read like a newbie town. It felt too artificial.

You made 2 grave errors

1) I wasn't scum reading Flux.
2) There was absolutely was nothing artificial about my confrontation with Flux. It was a pure, unadulterated, raw clash between wills. I took him on, mano a mano. I'm pretty sure even he would attest to that.

Also you're reading way too much into use of Phoenix Wright gifs, haha

Ty4on

I agree we should consolidate our vote before day end, but I'm still wary of Star. Not enough to call for a lynch, just enough to say 'what's happening?' It's a gut feeling and I'd rather she posted more so I can either go 'Aha!' or 'oh'.

As for PK, he has had a slow descent into lynch town. I'm not sure if this would've happened with a scum team helping. Maybe it would've, hard to say. He's probably the most suspect right now, discounting Style who I town read slightly from his...informative post last page.

Anyway, welcome Ty!
Yeah, Star is suspicious. Didn't think much of her pregame post (I also usually don't read people based on pregame posts), but I haven't gotten a townie vibe so far and I didn't like post #408. That gentle shade at town feels like what scum has a habit of doing because they feel superior.

Sorian

Banned
Is there anything specific sticking out to you or just a gut feeling?

I know you are trying to dig deep to make me solidify a read on Flux but you're digging too hard for something that's not there. Flux is weird too read because his best tell is that he cracks easily the longer the game goes on. I don't expect to fully read him one way or another today. It's kind of gut that I say he is town so far just because I see no real agenda behind his play.

Oh...thought the day ended today. Maybe not the time for a bus.

Style. You seem to be watching the infighting and posting reactions without really saying much. I would like some actual reads from you.

I, famously (sure, let's call it famously), did this exact thing when I was scum in that championship game. I played it off when someone called me on it and I wonder if it's a mistake I would have made as town too but pointing it out anyway. A bus implies that you are scum and that the person you just voted for was scum. You can't bus as town.

That said, my real issue with you is that this is the second time (at least) that you've claimed we need to consolidate votes. It reads more like trying to scare someone off of a vote you don't like. Regardless of that though, I think Vanguard is still the smart vote here which is why I haven't moved in awhile. Style could be either alignment but I think Vanguard's flip tells a better story, is likelier to be scum, and gives more evidence towards Style being evil as well if I'm right.

Ty4on

Receipts Sorian. Or at the very least what day (unless it's d1). I'm not digging through all of that again.

Verelios

Yeah, Star is suspicious. Didn't think much of her pregame post (I also usually don't read people based on pregame posts), but I haven't gotten a townie vibe so far and I didn't like post #408. That gentle shade at town feels like what scum has a habit of doing because they feel superior.
I have no problem with the pre-game post. It's everything after that gives me pause, as her posts are so non-committal I can't say anything either way.
That said, my real issue with you is that this is the second time (at least) that you've claimed we need to consolidate votes. It reads more like trying to scare someone off of a vote you don't like. Regardless of that though, I think Vanguard is still the smart vote here which is why I haven't moved in awhile. Style could be either alignment but I think Vanguard's flip tells a better story, is likelier to be scum, and gives more evidence towards Style being evil as well if I'm right.
The thing about Style is, his play as scum would be very haphazard for today. I was scum reading him prior to his clash with Flux, but would scum really try and out two power roles? Seems unlikely, though I'm thinking he might be a neutral now after knowing that, which is honestly not that reassuring.

Sorian

Banned
Let me go find it, it was near the end of the game, either lylo or day before.

Here

Perspective is different in that I was talking about a teammate bussing me whereas exodus is talking about him bussing someone else but the "slip" remains the same. Again, hardly a huge deal but since I'm already bothered by exodus, it bothered me more.

Top Bottom