• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 Thread

00468445f2e0120fbbeae842f679b4ab54d2.jpg

Your Thread Theme Song (Kinda P5 Spoiler?)

What is this?
A discussion thread for the Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 ~ Witness the Harbour's Crime ~ concert at Yokohama Arena, featuring music from the Persona game series, and the first of such concerts since Persona 5 was released.
The concert event will be available to home viewers via a Niconico paid livestream, the details of which can be found below.
At the same time, Persona Stalker Club V, which ended back in March, will return for a one-time special revival episode.

Performance
Shoji Meguro (Persona Series Composer), Lyn (Persona 5 Vocalist), Lotus Juice and Yumi Kawamura (Persona 3 Vocalists), and Shihoko Hirata (Persona 4 Vocalist) will be present performing songs from the games.
The members of Persona Band led by Tetsuya Kobayashi, and the 10 dancers who performed the motion capture for P4 Dancing All Night, will also star in the performances.

Paid Livestream details
Sound Bomb Niconico Livestream
Ticket Purchase Link
Ticket Purchase Deadline: 6th August 23:59 PM JST
Paid Livestream Price: 1,500 points (1,500 yen)
Date: August 2, 2017
Stream Opening Time: 6:30 PM JST (9:30 AM GMT / 2:30 AM PDT / 5:30 AM EDT)
Event Start Time: 7:00 PM JST (10:00 AM GMT / 3:00 AM PDT / 6:00 AM EDT)
t1501668000z1.png

Persona Stalker Club V Special
Stalker Club Niconico Livestream
Start Time: 8:00 PM JST (11:00 AM GMT / 4:00 AM PDT / 7:00 AM EDT)
(Will contain P5 Spoilers)

Additional Stuff
Q: How can I watch the event?
A: Initially Japan-restricted, Atlus has now removed the region restriction on the stream, so anyone with a Niconico account and a purchased ticket for the stream can watch it. You can refer to Perfectly Nintendo's guide or chrono01's Nier Concert order guide on how to go about adding points to your account and purchasing tickets at the link above.

Q: Do the performances usually get uploaded somewhere after they're all finished?
A:The recorded stream of the concert will still be available to watch on Niconico after it ends, up until August 31st via Timeshift, so long as you have a valid purchased ticket to access it. Tickets are available to be purchased all the way till 6th August, 23:59 JST.

Important: The timeshift of the recording will only be available to view once (for the specific length of the video) after initiating the Timeshift.

Q: What is the Stalker Club V Special about?
A: This talk / variety show will be hosted once again by Tomomi Isomura and Mafia Kajita who will bring you through a variety of persona related programs.

Listeners' Corner
Hosts will be reading messages sent by program viewers.

Persona Super Live Report
Report on the concert venue and merchandise available.

The Attic Meeting of Cafe Leblanc Report
Report on the 30th July Daybreakers Fan Event.

Persona 5: One Night of Spoilers Discussion
A tease and discussion of the Persona 5 Maniax info book releasing on August 4th that willl contain P5 spoilers.

Q: So what if I'm here for games?
A: While nothing has mentioned in the official event schedules, it has been speculated that Atlus will be announcing Persona Q 2 and Persona Dance at the event for the following reasons:
- A recent surge of activity on Atlus-registered websites PQ2.JP and PERSONA-DANCE.JP involving an update to the Atlus nameservers and restriction of public access.
- Furthermore, Shoji Meguro in April's Sega Raw stream said to look forward to announcements at the event.
- The Febuary Atlus consumer survey had asked what new titles players would like to see, including new titles in the PQ and Dancing All Night series.
- In an interview with DJ Taku Takahashi, the artist mentioned that he remixed a Persona 5 song, which was picked up by Persona Central before the comment was removed.
- Last but not least is the timing of the recent Persona 5 The Animation announcement at the Attic Meeting of Cafe Leblanc fan event last Sunday.

Atlus has revealed new things at their persona concerts before, such as the first gameplay trailer for Persona 5 at Persona Super Live 2015. However it should be noted that the 2015 reveal came at the end of a 2 days news event campaign, which isn't the case this time. Thus, keep in mind that this is all speculation in the end, and it would be prudent to keep expectations in check.

These shows are among my favorite things in the world, not being able to attend is one of my biggest frustrations. I wont be able to watch because I'll be working. Fuck my life.

This one has potential to be the best yet.

Most people only care about announcements but the show is the real highlight.

lilty

Bought my ticket earlier today. I loved the previous concerts so I'm really excited to see this one with some P5 tunes. PQ2 is looking more and more real so hopefully that's revealed as well.

Only have to wake up an hour earlier than I usually do which isn't so bad.

Zareka

It's finally time, I can feel it - Persona 3/4 Remasters here we gooooo !

I wish :(

I'd kill for a definite version of Persona 3 but I figure it would've leaked by now if we were, like P5D and Q2.

I'm perpetually salty about P5 but Q2 should be great no matter what. I absolutely adored the original Q. I am mildly excited.

kewlmyc

Eh, can't watch due to work (damn you adult life). Will be looking forward to any potential announcements, even though I never finished PQ or started P4DAN.

I was excited when they lifted the Japan only restriction to stream, but then I noticed that it would start at 3AM PST and I hollowed out.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Atlus right now: "Thank god we have persona 5 now, we can make crossovers without mentioning P3 ever again".
Pthhhh Says you.

Aigis and Morgana conversations will be hilarious.

I also want Junpei to meet Ryuji and comment how they are practically the exact same character.

Considering P3 is the best one in the series I really don't want this to be true.

If PQ2 is P4xP5 only I will riot

I half suspect P3 is most easily cut because of the large cast to ease development and making each party member actually useful (given that, (P3 ending spoilers)
P3MC main character being otherwise busy as a seal heavily limiting the time they can actually set the game to that month you have shinjiro
though assumedly timey wimey nonsense will happen anyway so that 2012 Yu and Co could meet 2016 P5 crew, so that's just me being picky.

Pthhhh Says you.

Aigis and Morgana conversations will be hilarious.

If the conversations are anything like PQ1, I'd say hilarious is from guaranteed.

Gbraga

These shows are among my favorite things in the world, not being able to attend is one of my biggest frustrations. I wont be able to watch because I'll be working. Fuck my life.

This one has potential to be the best yet.

Most people only care about announcements but the show is the real highlight.

I'm with you. I've watched the others so many times...

Can't wait for the blu-ray!

NeatoKuni

Unfortunately Im gonna be at a doctors appointment so I probably won't be able to tune in like last time but I'll be damned if I don't try!

Edit: one of my first neogaf memories was as a lurker watching the 24 hour stream and being so excited and happy seeing what was going on. I'm excited to potentially experience it with all of you finally!! 💕😭

Mediking

Heh. Gotta love how the other P3 Minato avatar users in this thread also want Joker and Minato to meet.

You have my respect!

Arizato

you meant second worst after P1?
or third worst if golden is considered over vanilla

P2 and P5 still beat the crap out of it any day

The themes and setting of P3 hit me much closer than any other game in the series does. And while P5 had awesome gameplay enhancements and cool system revamps, the story and characters fell flat for me. They never felt like real friends like the characters in P3 or P4 did. Compare Ryuji's social link to how much Junpei grows in The Journey and the Answer. Hell, I don't even like Yosuke that much in P4, but the ending to his social link in P4 is so much more satisfying than Ryuji's.

marmoka

Banned
I have high expections for some information about the western localization of Etrian Odyssey V,
new trailer of Shin Megami Tensei HD Project,
and the announcement of Nocturne Remastered.

Hype!!

Just kidding. Honestly don't know what to expect tomorrow.

Top Bottom