• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2016 Demo is out on Australian PS Store

T-Rex.

Banned
Just checked and it's out on the NZ store as well. Useful for those of us who created an account to download Rocket League early a month or so back :p

Hasney

Christ, I'm running out of accounts at this rate. Off to make an AUS one as it's not on NZ yet.

EDIT: can't see it on the console at all on NZ. gah.

EDIT AGAIN: FOUND IT WOO

Hasney

God, having to watch it like a hawk or it starts going slow again. Caught it going at about 9 kb/s...

First gig done at least out of 3.2 and apparently 8 minutes left now.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
God, having to watch it like a hawk or it starts going slow again. Caught it going at about 9 kb/s...

First gig done at least out of 3.2 and apparently 8 minutes left now.
Where do you see the download speed? Or do you calculate it based on what is left and the x Minutes left indicator?

Hasney

Where do you see the download speed? Or do you calculate it based on what is left and the x Minutes left indicator?

The amount downloaded refreshes every second, so however much it goes up by is the download rate.

Downloading but I give up with how fucking slow PSN is, I have 200mbit internet for fuck sake.

I counted how many pauses I needed to get it to an acceptable speed. Had to pause and resume 23 times until I actually got a decent speed.... Then it slowed down anyway so another 18 after that.

3 minutes now!

benny_a

The amount downloaded refreshes every second, so however much it goes up by is the download rate.
Ah okay, I don't even know how you can get it to be so precise that you see 9kb/s when the file is 3.283 GB big.

Done for me, I should calculate it based on the ~12 minutes it took me.

Messi

JUVENTUS F.C.
A.S. ROMA
FC BAYERN MUENCHEN
SC CORINTHIAS
PALMEIRAS
BRAZIL
FRANCE

giphy.gif

benny_a

What do people who are currently playing it, think about the demo?
I'm not PES player usually and mostly we play FIFA when we play football games but this is really good. Much better than the demo last year I played for 2 hours and didn't like.

I'm playing it later 1vs1 against a human and will give additional feedback.

I'm not PES player usually and mostly we play FIFA when we play football games but this is really good. Much better than the demo last year I played for 2 hours and didn't like.

I'm playing it later 1vs1 against a human and will give additional feedback.

One thing that always bothered me from them were the presentations and menus. Have those changed or are they like before.

Pachimari

Gotta be honest, that I have stuck for FIFA for years now, probably since FIFA 08, but before then, I were huge on PES, and I still think Winning Eleven 10 are one of the best, if not the best football game ever.

Coming from FIFA 15, this demo really gives me new confidence in the series. PES 2016 not only looks good, it plays good, it plays smoothly, and is most of all responsive. There's some very nice animations in there that I didn't expect, and so far, the goalkeepers have had some nice saves and fast reactions which I didn't expect either, coming from FIFA 15.

The match ended in 0-0 against the CPU but I just have to get the hangs of it, after having abandoned the series since PES 2014.

Wreav

Banned
I can't wrap my head around why Konami can't make a pleasing UI to save their lives.

The PES games look like PS2 era ports from Japan with their jaggy, ugly fonts and huge glossy buttons.

This year is some improvement in the main menu at least, but in game still looks weird.

Pachimari

The goalkeepers are much more useful here than in FIFA though. It looks really great, the whole game on the pitch.

Though, what is actually new here compared to 2015 which I didn't play?

There's also a bit of a problem with passing sometimes. Once you pass the game chooses the player its supposed to go to even if its behind an opposition player. Meaning even if I have player that can get the ball because the game decides it's not for him he will just leave it.

Top Bottom