• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

El_Cinefilo

It only just crossed my mind today but how do Legends work in Pes? Are they just super rare players that can turn up with special agents in MyClub or something else?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Think I'll be returning to this

Largely abandoned it since fifa came out since squad battles are so addicting but the fifa gameplay is so shit

Boogs31

I can't play this game atm. Hopefully there will be a gameplay patch that fixes some of the issues. Can't believe I'm saying this but I might give Fifa a try.

Roulette

Fuck sake, played two ML seasons on Superstar and got sacked both times. I breezed through it last year. I unlocked Legend difficulty but I'm scared to even try it.

I looked around online for gameplay tips and found a video showing off super cancel techniques for winning the ball, which I haven't used since the PS2 games (save for letting the ball run out). Have been experimenting a bit and had some success, but it's gonna take a while to get the hang of, that's for sure.

philm87

Noticed the remove shirt button on the celebrations for the first time last night (maybe it's just player specific). Anyway, Neymar removed his shirt to reveal a low resolution textured body and got booked for it. End of story.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Noticed the remove shirt button on the celebrations for the first time last night (maybe it's just player specific). Anyway, Neymar removed his shirt to reveal a low resolution textured body and got booked for it. End of story.

not sure what you expected?

jtan

How do focus points work in become a legend? Do you get more or do you just play around with the ones you have by removing from some stats and putting it in the others?

DagsJT

Getting a bit bored and fed up with FIFA Squad Battles so I might go back to PES tonight. I need to get a good PS4 option file first though.

catilio

Fuck sake, played two ML seasons on Superstar and got sacked both times. I breezed through it last year. I unlocked Legend difficulty but I'm scared to even try it.

I looked around online for gameplay tips and found a video showing off super cancel techniques for winning the ball, which I haven't used since the PS2 games (save for letting the ball run out). Have been experimenting a bit and had some success, but it's gonna take a while to get the hang of, that's for sure.

Been playing with supercancel since few days, after I saw a tutorial about it.

Works "well" when you can manage to change player using the AWFUL cursor change and/or the stick. The best idea is to close passing options than to go for the ball. Good counters can come up easily.

My main gripes are the cursor change, which always select the farthest player (or the closest when the rival already left you behind). I've conceded so many goals because I cannot select the right defender on a counter.

And the other thing, the passes. Sometime you press X very softly and goes far away. Other times you try a long pass which only goes so far. And sometimes it just fucks you up sending the ball wherever the cpu wants (I play on assist level 1)

Question, Does anyone have so many shots hitting the poles? I have maybe 2 or 3 every game. EVERY GAME! And I don't want to go back to basic shooting, 'cause that's just that...basic...

philm87

Omg some people play like absolute morons in the pes league games. Had some guy go ahead against me after 5 minutes and tried to time waste all the way through to the 80th minute when I equalised!

Jingo

And there it is, after a perfect month with no lag whatsoever, the lag is back, every year its the same shit, so sad about this...

philm87

One X patch coming on the 16th.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155035506729327&id=280573964326

Guessing it is just 4k and maybe HDR? What is the Pro patch?

PS4 Pro is just 4K 60fps, no HDR. They said the HDR lowered the FPS on PS4 Pro so with the extra power they may be able to implement it on the One X. Though part of me thinks there's more of an issue in them implementing HDR than fps as the fps shouldn't usually be affected. Maybe it was never developed with HDR in mind or there's some limitations in the game engine.

Chrisdk

I just can’t get into this years game. It feels like there is a huge gap between the difficulties and it makes this game completely useless to me. I’m playing ML and winning every game like 3-4-5 nil and the CPU can’t score on me. I pretty much have to purposely play badly to not win. So i up the difficulty one click to superstar and now i’m losing pretty much every time and i can barely score. Like i’m happy if i can get a 1 against trash teams and it feels like everyone is playing tiki taka.

It just feels completely broken this year. Like there shouldn’t be so much difference between the difficulties. There is no way i should be able to win every game easily and then lose every game badly on one harder difficulty.

I’m really disapointed that something like this is ruining the game for me. It’s just a bad job by the devs. It’s like playing an FPS game in either god mode or ultra hard with permadeath. I have honestly never dropped a game because of a problem like this.

philm87

I just can’t get into this years game. It feels like there is a huge gap between the difficulties and it makes this game completely useless to me. I’m playing ML and winning every game like 3-4-5 nil and the CPU can’t score on me. I pretty much have to purposely play badly to not win. So i up the difficulty one click to superstar and now i’m losing pretty much every time and i can barely score. Like i’m happy if i can get a 1 against trash teams and it feels like everyone is playing tiki taka.

It just feels completely broken this year. Like there shouldn’t be so much difference between the difficulties. There is no way i should be able to win every game easily and then lose every game badly on one harder difficulty.

I’m really disapointed that something like this is ruining the game for me. It’s just a bad job by the devs. It’s like playing an FPS game in either god mode or ultra hard with permadeath. I have honestly never dropped a game because of a problem like this.

Play on the harder difficulty and try to work out why you aren't winning. Trying something new tactical wise that pays off will give you so much satisfaction. If you pack the midfield you'll be able to get a lot more possession.

AwShucks

I have a question. I'm starting a master league or whatever the franchise mode is called. I have no idea what the "additional leagues" mean. I'm used to playing FIFA with all competitions (as Liverpool in EPL and doing league cups and champs league). Should I be using these peu pas pla leagues?

Malcolm9

I have a question. I'm starting a master league or whatever the franchise mode is called. I have no idea what the "additional leagues" mean. I'm used to playing FIFA with all competitions (as Liverpool in EPL and doing league cups and champs league). Should I be using these peu pas pla leagues?

I didn't use them personally, I just use the main leagues that are in the game.

Picked this up today on PS4 due to the ease of the option file install after playing the Lite version on the XB1 for the last couple of weeks. How do I stop the CPU assasting everything I do? For example I pass to a CPU team mate which then passes to another CPU team mate without my say so and I end up feeling like Im not playing. The control options arent clear

philm87

Picked this up today on PS4 due to the ease of the option file install after playing the Lite version on the XB1 for the last couple of weeks. How do I stop the CPU assasting everything I do? For example I pass to a CPU team mate which then passes to another CPU team mate without my say so and I end up feeling like Im not playing. The control options arent clear

Which mode are you playing on?!

RAIDEN1

I suppose it's best to download another option file after the January transfer window shuts...? As the one I did get a few months ago isn't exactly totally accurate...(ie Monaco still having some players long since gone.)

Top Bottom