• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

philm87

Yet some people will claim that gameplay is the only important thing because the background stuff don't matter only the gameplay on the pitch. Franchise/Career modes have been on the decline since FIFA introduced Ultimate Team and everyone has followed their lead.

It's quite clear this is now the most important mode in sports games replacing the franchise modes that were the focus in the pre-PS3/X360 generations. PES has a fundamentally broken career mode (like the above examples clearly show), gameplay can be the best thing ever but a career mode is only worth it, if the background stuff holds up as well. If not, you might as well just play exhibition games...

By the way FIFA career mode is better but is also broken imo, with crazy schedules in the 2nd half of the season i.e. 4 games in a week if you have European competitions and Cup ties to play, transactions are better but still don't make sense a lot of the times (why would United buy Lloris if they have DeGea?)

I do like playing my Master League team against my mates Master League team. But find it much more fun playing against each others MyClub teams now as it feels like you've earned that team a bit more, no shortcuts (unless you pay for it!).

cabot

The transfers are already up to date when you apply the Live Transfer Update or whatever it's called. Once you've applied that then add your option file.

The Bundesliga OF on PESGaming looks like it has the proper squads for each team.

If you mean the Live Update, they stopped doing that for PES2017 earlier this year.

philm87

Any way to change the number of teams in a league? Applied the latest PES Gaming option file and it has 20 teams in the Bundesliga instead of 18. Some of them were wrong also and had to swap in teams from the "Other European" section. Everything else seems great though.

cabot

Then magically restarted for PES 2018

my question was regarding PES17, which doesn't get Live Update anymore.

myClub is also relatively restricted now, don't know why they just keep the same myclub campaigns etc going for older games.

julrik

Any way to change the number of teams in a league? Applied the latest PES Gaming option file and it has 20 teams in the Bundesliga instead of 18. Some of them were wrong also and had to swap in teams from the "Other European" section. Everything else seems great though.
Yeah, you can do that Edit Mode. It's called Competition Structure, I think.

Carlius

Banned
I played for hours on last night. Never have i done that since pes 6 days or fifa 10. Pes is def the better gane in terms of gameplay this year at least until i try the final fifa but Will stick to pes most likely since the fun i had last night is the kind of fun i want in a football game

THis game is great but something that pisses me off are the loading times. It takes forever to start the game and the loading between menu changes is quite long. Also, sometimes it takes too long to find an online match (ps4)

03sho

Some my club questions..

The only way to acquire new players is scouts and opening agents??

What's with the auction house? I can only buy scouts to narrow down the player I wil pack right?

How do I know how much gp a scout is worth and if I should bid etc?

philm87

Some my club questions..

The only way to acquire new players is scouts and opening agents??

What's with the auction house? I can only buy scouts to narrow down the player I wil pack right?

How do I know how much gp a scout is worth and if I should bid etc?

Try this MyClub scout combinations thread: https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread...t-Combinations.

Gives you an idea of which scouts are more important. Best way to filter it down to the player you want is to use 1 team/league scout, 1 position scout, and 1 ability scout. Team scouts are probably going to be the most expensive on the auction house. Obviously higher rating gives you better players. Think you need to use three five star ones to get a guaranteed black ball. Nationality ones can also work sometimes.

Check out the list above anyway. Even if there's a player you're looking for who isn't on there, it should give you a good idea how it works.

03sho

Try this MyClub scout combinations thread: https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread...t-Combinations.

Gives you an idea of which scouts are more important. Best way to filter it down to the player you want is to use 1 team/league scout, 1 position scout, and 1 ability scout. Team scouts are probably going to be the most expensive on the auction house. Obviously higher rating gives you better players. Think you need to use three five star ones to get a guaranteed black ball. Nationality ones can also work sometimes.

Check out the list above anyway. Even if there's a player you're looking for who isn't on there, it should give you a good idea how it works.
Thanks!

How do you guys reccomend levelling up my players? Playing games or just using trainers? Should I ever release players? Or convert them into trainers and use them that way?

philm87

Thanks!

How do you guys reccomend levelling up my players? Playing games or just using trainers? Should I ever release players? Or convert them into trainers and use them that way?

Whatever suits you. Don't tend to get much GP for selling players so I just convert them all the time. Feels like a lot more benefit that way. If you combine that with matches you can level up pretty quickly, particularly from Lvl 1-30.

Jimrpg

You know what I'd really like? The ability to play import songs.

Having the same 13 songs play over and over is getting incredibly old and its the same problem every year.

I hope someone comes out with a patch/mod to fix this.

Having the same 13 songs play over and over is getting incredibly old and its the same problem every year.

I switch on Spotify the second I load the game up.

Spat_triate

PES Modding community is always on the ball.

Someone already did: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/a...ne-custom-music-patch-vol-2-released-1.77905/

You have to join the website to access the page. I'm not linking the download here.

Edit: This doesn't allow you to import your own songs, but it adds 20 tracks.

RAIDEN1

So I used one of the option files, got all premier league/spanish/italian teams, but how do you get Bayern Munich in there? Without having to over-write all the data that has just gone in? *Actually the whole German league Bundesliga

philm87

So I used one of the option files, got all premier league/spanish/italian teams, but how do you get Bayern Munich in there? Without having to over-write all the data that has just gone in? *Actually the whole German league Bundesliga

PES Gaming option file has it. Can select individual teams. When you import new teams you have to make sure you also select squad data as well as Overwrite images. Not sure it's wise mixing and matching different option files, but might work if you just select the new teams.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=102531

03sho

How often do the myclub competitions refresh? And what rewards to you get when completing a divisions in myclub?

Please tell me the scout rewards get better...

Yaari

Not finding any My Club matches tonight.

Kind of wish I went PS4 instead of PC.

Yeah, it is really bad. It has made me not want to even try anymore. It's 5 min per match easily and I often get completely outmatched too.

philm87

How often do the myclub competitions refresh? And what rewards to you get when completing a divisions in myclub?

Please tell me the scout rewards get better...

About once a week usually for the competitions. Some will be on there for longer. You'll get better special agents available sometimes.the standard scouts from the end of matches are just random i think.

Seasons rewards are poor, one thing that really annoys me. Still fun trying to get up divisions though. 400gp and a contract doesn't seem like much for potentially 10 games.

-Stranger-

Is it true i can't edit or upload correct team names on Xb1?

I don't want to be stuck with West Red FC or something for my beloved Arsenal.

Is it true i can't edit or upload correct team names on Xb1?

I don't want to be stuck with West Red FC or something for my beloved Arsenal.

Arsenal is one of the two Premier League sides actually licensed, along with Liverpool.

I'm sure you'd be able to edit names yourself, you just can't upload option files.

RAIDEN1

Another option file query so I downloaded and applied part of an option file from another WEPES data folder so as to add the complete "bundesliga" to my existing data which I added to the game from another option file, however it seems even though now have Bayern Munich, NONE of their official players are in the team.... : ( I am aware that FIFA 18 has the exclusive licence to the Bayern Munich team for this season at least, but is anyone aware of a comprehensive option file that has the premier league, Serie A, et all, along with the ACTUAL players who play for Bayern?

It's ironic because when the game first started and applied it's own live data update, it showed a update on the form of Arturo Vidal who plays for Bayern, yet he was nowhere to be seen in the actual team...instead you get generic names...

PaulLFC

Another option file query so I downloaded and applied part of an option file from another WEPES data folder so as to add the complete "bundesliga" to my existing data which I added to the game from another option file, however it seems even though now have Bayern Munich, NONE of their official players are in the team.... : ( I am aware that FIFA 18 has the exclusive licence to the Bayern Munich team for this season at least, but is anyone aware of a comprehensive option file that has the premier league, Serie A, et all, along with the ACTUAL players who play for Bayern?

It's ironic because when the game first started and applied it's own live data update, it showed a update on the form of Arturo Vidal who plays for Bayern, yet he was nowhere to be seen in the actual team...instead you get generic names...
For German teams you need to tick the "Import player and squad data" (or something like that) option before importing the team files. It should be the middle checkbox. Reimport the Bundesliga teams only with that option selected and it should work.

03sho

Even though it says I get the special agent after my first victory in the myclub challenge Cup COM do I have to win the whole cup tirunement for the special agent? I've won the first game and it hasn't given me the agent...

julrik

Even though it says I get the special agent after my first victory in the myclub challenge Cup COM do I have to win the whole cup tirunement for the special agent? I've won the first game and it hasn't given me the agent...
Yeah, you have to win the whole tournament.

PaulLFC

Yep - it means the first time you win the tournament. If you play the tournament again after that you only get a few GP for winning.

philm87

Only just started using the L2 button to do manual shots/passes occasionally, absolutely love it! You can hit some absolute beastly long range shots with manual aim, of course pretty easy to hit some shockers too. Think there's more chance of hitting some top goals with manual shooting. Think I'll stick to using L2 rather than all out manual for now.

Only just started using the L2 button to do manual shots/passes occasionally, absolutely love it! You can hit some absolute beastly long range shots with manual aim, of course pretty easy to hit some shockers too. Think there's more chance of hitting some top goals with manual shooting. Think I'll stick to using L2 rather than all out manual for now.

My favourite aspect of PES in recent years over FIFA has been the manual button. I find full manual very hard (and it puts you at a disadvantage online) but having that manual button just gives you a bit more freedom to pull off passes and shots that just aren't possible otherwise.

RAIDEN1

Back with my German league query again! Can I just overwrite the data already stored in the game when re-importing the German teams to fix the problem with the players for Bayern Munich? As that is exactly what I did, I just over-wrote the existing data making sure I ticked the 2 out of the 3 boxes, upon import but even then STILL no difference you get the club name but you don't get the club players?

Anyone else managed to successfully import Bayern Munich?

philm87

Back with my German league query again! Can I just overwrite the data already stored in the game when re-importing the German teams to fix the problem with the players for Bayern Munich? As that is exactly what I did, I just over-wrote the existing data making sure I ticked the 2 out of the 3 boxes, upon import but even then STILL no difference you get the club name but you don't get the club players?

Anyone else managed to successfully import Bayern Munich?

Yeah, all there for me using the PES Gaming OF. Maybe reset the edit data and start again? Use the PES Gaming OF with Bundesliga and follow the instructions on there.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The power of manual shooting. Check out this beast I just scored:
https://youtu.be/5-fCiy1AWOo

Nice, that fucking commentary though
jL77JoO.gif

Jingo

Gaf i need your help, when im playing clan matches, usually 2vs2, i feel like my team doesnt move like an all, when im defendig usually there are only 3 players on defense and all out of position, when im attacking i never have playera in the front when i do a cross,the only ones there are my player and my friends player, all the other ones are in the middlefield.

This only happens in coop online, if i do a friendly match all the players move , atack and defend as an all.

Desaan

Nice, that fucking commentary though
jL77JoO.gif

I actually believe ISS64 had better commentary. Listening to NBA2K17 and FIFA commentary then playing PES actually makes me turn the commentary off it's so laughably bad. It's an area of the game they've never been good at and seem to put very little effort into.

Top Bottom