• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES6 and FIFA 07 next-gen exclusives to Xbox 360 for one year - confirmed

Midas

It changes the fact there someone must release some kind of DS pad for X360 or I'll have to wait for PES7 for PS3.

LOcKY

Ouch good move from microsoft, but it must be europe only, because no way could microsoft compensate the exclusive rights for PES in japan.

another exclusive taken from Sony feet.. oh dear.. Fifa exclusive? whats that crap again? not interested:lol

pilonv1

I'd say it would be Europe/PAL only, it would be suicide in Japan and the US versions probably don't shift enough units to justify it.

That may be the case, but expect:

Wii nning ii and Fii Fa

as well as FIFA: Road to the European Cup & Pro Evolution Soccer X for PS3

...or something...

llTll

Banned
WOW at PES MS xbox exclusive. who ever thought a sony exclusive turns to MS exclusive. awsome news to MS.

and i hate this news to death being sony fan

jesusraz

Also, I think the DS is missed out on this, as Konami only stated a couple of days ago that the DS PES 6 is still locked for October in Europe.

Unless this deal only went through NOW.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
This is a MEGATON announcement in Europe. My friend in Germany just emailed me the news and said this will likely change a lot of his gaming friends' opinions about whether or not to get an X360. This is like Madden exclusivity to one console here in the US. This is surprising and quite a coup for MS.

Elios83

It's not that difficult to be exclusive when the other versions aren't ready :D :lol
The next Winning Eleven conceived for next gen will arrive next spring in Japan.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
jesusraz said:
Also, I think the DS is missed out on this, as Konami only stated a couple of days ago that the DS PES 6 is still locked for October in Europe.

Unless this deal only went through NOW.
It says next-gen. exclusives. Not including PS2 or handhelds I'd imagine.

fse

Elios83 said:
It's not that difficult to be exclusive when the other versions aren't ready :D :lol
The next Winning Eleven conceived for next gen will arrive next spring in Japan.

:lol ummm
exclusive for one year

Exclusive image from the exclusivity meeting...

Predatory monopolistic behaviour from the most predatory monopoly in the world? NO $hit!!!

_39891336_gighacash203.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jj984jj said:
It says next-gen. exclusives. Not including PS2 or handhelds I'd imagine.
Heh.

Everyone will probably buy it on PS2 again and then go for the PS3 release after that. :D

Drek

Very weak on the details, but nice to see MS finally doing something to try boosting their non-U.S. markets.

The big question I have is if this is more Konami and EA not trusting Sony to stock Europe with enough PS3's early on, or if MS made a truely good move. That and if its all regions or just Europe.

sangreal

I'll wait for the press release. I don't really find the things Microsoft says during press conferences to be reliable.

see: Backwards Compatability, GTA4

klee123

Not to rain on everyone's prarde, but the title did state Next gen exclusive. This means that a PS2 version will still exist for PAL.

Ajax

Banned
:lol WTH? PES6 for 360 isn't even "next-gen". Is it gonna be released for PS2? That's all I care about. And since PS3's BC is perfect why do we need a souped up PS2 version for PS3?

PS. I don't don't know about FIFA and I will never care. Never ever. Never ever ever.

fse

sangreal said:
I'll wait for the press release. I don't really find the things Microsoft says during press conferences to be reliable.

they never lied about gta4, they said exclusive downloadable content...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I doubt there were any moneyhats involved given that this was happening by default anyway. Didn't we know this already? Microsoft's trumpeting of it is new, but EA had already said Fifa wouldn't be coming to PS3 until next year, and I don't think PES was ever slated for PS3 (??)

Tk0n

sangreal said:

face it, ps3 is not able to handle the uber-advanced ball physics of nextgen football :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
This is not the news you want to hear if you are Sony right now. The PS3 will be without the next-gen versions of two of the biggest selling games in Europe for a full year. I can't imagine a football fan over there wanting a PS3 this fall unless the PS2 versions work on PS3 AND/OR the Sony football game is a viable option.

Do we know for sure MS paid for this exclusivity? I can't imagine the figure on that one.

sangreal

f_elz said:
they never lied about gta4, they said exclusive downloadable content...

I didn't say they lied. They just like to word things in ways that are easily misreported by attendees

Amir0x

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I can't imagine a football fan over there wanting a PS3 this fall unless the PS2 versions work

they do. Unless, by coincidence, soccer games are some of the few PS2/PS1 games that don't work on PS3

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
If the deal only include PES, they still can release a proper PS3 Winning Eleven game in japan and release an ISS games on PS3 everywhere else.

Quoting myself:
The FIFA and PES news is huge. Europe is a sucker for soccer!
Sony is dropping the ball too many times lately. Hopefully they'll have a kick-ass show later today or blow everything at TGS.

fse

sangreal said:
I didn't say they lied. They just like to word things in ways that are easily misreported by attendees

i know, just could not think of a word at this late hour :\

Elios83

Drek said:
Very weak on the details, but nice to see MS finally doing something to try boosting their non-U.S. markets.

The big question I have is if this is more Konami and EA not trusting Sony to stock Europe with enough PS3's early on, or if MS made a truely good move. That and if its all regions or just Europe.

PES6 on Xbox360 is un upgraded port from the latest PS2 game.
Konami has preferred to not waste time on PS3 with that and instead they're focusing on developing the next gen Winning Eleven,PES7 will follow in Europe in fall 2007.
As for EA they're late with PS3/Wii development and they're having much more difficulties they want to admit, I think FIFA2007 just couldn't be released in a decent state this fall on PS3/Wii so they cancelled those versions.

Ajax

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
This is not the news you want to hear if you are Sony right now. The PS3 will be without the next-gen versions of two of the biggest selling games in Europe for a full year. I can't imagine a football fan over there wanting a PS3 this fall unless the PS2 versions work on PS3 AND/OR the Sony football game is a viable option.

Do we know for sure MS paid for this exclusivity? I can't imagine the figure on that one.

These games were never planned in the first place. MS just saw the opportunity and expoiled it to make it seem like they're on to something. The real next gen version of PES comes next year. They're just trying to confuse the ignorant. And btw PS3 has BC.

Top Bottom