• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PETA: Stop using anti-animal language

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I'll just leave this here for you to mock.

FWIW they were on the right track getting fur banned. Vegans can go fuck themselves, we eat meat to survive (and I am in favour of ensuring that it's done as humanely as possible) and because it's bloody delicious, and in general animal cruelty can fuck right off (eg fox-hunting, etc). Like many campaign groups, they won, then didn't quite know what to do next so they're making up some new issues for people to get angry about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feed a fed horse? Get lost with that crap.

And beating a dead horse doesn’t hurt the horse. It’s already dead Duh.

DonyDevitt

Neo Member
I'll just leave this here for you to mock.

FWIW they were on the right track getting fur banned. Vegans can go fuck themselves, we eat meat to survive (and I am in favour of ensuring that it's done as humanely as possible) and because it's bloody delicious, and in general animal cruelty can fuck right off (eg fox-hunting, etc). Like many campaign groups, they won, then didn't quite know what to do next so they're making up some new issues for people to get angry about.

Vegans can what? I'm a Vegan, and i dont like your words, boy. No matter what is PETA or anyone is doing, you should be respectfull.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Vegans can what? I'm a Vegan, and i dont like your words, boy. No matter what is PETA or anyone is doing, you should be respectfull.

I said they can go fuck themselves. I will make an exception for the tiny tiny minority that don't actively harass people about meat in the manner of a Jehovah's Witness (they can fuck off too) and my wife's hot vegan friend, but the reputation vegans have is not without reason, and for that reason most can go fuck themselves.

Alfen Dave

1544022746-images.jpg

?dis for realz ?

Fbh

Stop fucking around PETA and go make another one of your unintentionally hilarious games like Pokemon Black and Blue

LordPezix

Good.

I like it when the meat eaters get their panties in a twist.

I use the salt from their tears on my avocado toast.

Fill em boys!

Gloggins

I'm against all animal exploitation / killing and so on but PETA just need to fuck off to Neptune or something. This rubbish does the animal rights movement no good at all.

This can’t be serious. Even PETA must think so and they’re probably laughing at how much the internet is a buzz because of it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Anthropomorphism and the centrality of the human experience is proof that even a secular society thinks there is something special that elevates humans above all others. It is a deep seated belief that transcends even the barrier between religious and atheists. Norm MacDonald once made a good point about this, despite people saying “We’re just animals” you would be hard pressed to find any human who equates their lives to that of a bird or ant.

The power of dehumanizing through language is age old. The use of animal language to condemn and Other humans has been going on for thousands of years and is still going strong. I don’t think widespread animal rights will be a thing until all humans treat other humans with the same dignity they grant themselves.

Last edited:
Seems to me that PETA has yet to discover the meaning of figurative speech. I know metaphors and simile can be hard to understand for the literary challenged, but this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
For anyone that doesn't know, PETA routinely euthanizes the vast majority of the healthy animals they take in. They round them up to kill them because they think it's considered a "mercy" rather than letting them roam wild.

Also, this level of insanity is nothing new. Did you know they wanted (site's still up: want?) to rename fish to Sea Kittens because they think people will think twice about killing them? No, I'm not joking:

http://features.peta.org/PETASeaKittens/

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
One of the many reasons vegetarians and vegans hate being associated with PETA (I was once a vegetarian myself but meat is too good).

Goddamn swine

I said they can go fuck themselves. I will make an exception for the tiny tiny minority that don't actively harass people about meat in the manner of a Jehovah's Witness (they can fuck off too) and my wife's hot vegan friend, but the reputation vegans have is not without reason, and for that reason most can go fuck themselves.

Most vegans don't go at other people or try to try to recruit you. A lot of athletes are vegans. Way more people are vegan than you think. It's more about health these days, although you can be as unhealthy as you want with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahadev

Has PETA always been this insane and we only realize it now with the internet or have they lost their minds the last decade or so? Because there was a time when I used to respect them and I'm trying to figure out if I was being naive.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The term "speciesism" captures everything wrong with PETA.

The task of respecting and caring for nature isn't going to be solved by dissolving the human / animal barrier and pretending that we're merely one more animal equal to all others. On the contrary, if you want to regard humans as one more animal and follow the natural world's logic, there is little reason to care about exterminating lesser species if it furthers our dominance. Genuine care for nature is only possible when we regard ourselves as uniquely positioned stewards of the natural world due to standing with one foot inside it and one foot out, holding the position of a natural thing and yet able to regard the whole of the natural world as something of beauty and worth. PETA is so confused on this point that it continues to produce incoherent moral postures.

Petrae

Shit like this is why aliens will only observe and never invade. Humans are so fucking stupid that it’s sitcom material for extra-terrestrials.

“We can’t kill them, Orzak. They’re too funny to watch. I mean, look at this. Humans seriously think animal species are affected by their spoken language.”

“You’re right. Let’s ping U-237 and get them to watch!”

Top Bottom