• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Bright, ex-Ars Technica reporter, arrested and charged with soliciting child sex online

Helios

Jun 13, 2018
Tech reporter Peter Bright has been arrested for soliciting sex with children online. He was employed by Ars Technica until recently.
A federal complaint alleges that Bright sought to molest a 7- and 9-year-old and met with an undercover agent for this purpose, at which point he was arrested. It also states that Bright claimed to be in a sexual relationship with an 11-year-old. He is currently being held without bail.
At Bright’s urging, the two then began chatting via WhatsApp, which continued for a few weeks. At times using euphemisms, Bright reportedly wrote of molesting both children and raping the 7-year-old. He also allegedly sent pictures of his penis, and photos of test results showing he did not have any sexually transmitted diseases.
According to the complaint, both consistently referred to his plans to molest the children as “teaching” them “lessons,” and Bright described how he would begin slowly and move on to more intense sexual activity.
The agent writes that Bright inquired about whether the “lessons” were to be heteronormative. When she professed ignorance, he explained, “Does [the Girl] eat flowers and [the Boy] suck snake.”

“I have a girl I’ve been teaching off and on for a couple of months now,” Bright reportedly wrote. “But she’s in the Bronx, which makes the logistics much harder.”
Asked by the agent what he is good at “teaching,” Bright allegedly responded, “I think masturbation and, [sic] anal sex are probably my favourite subjects. Helping girls find those special places to touch, it’s very rewarding.”
The conversation then shifted to Bright’s plans for the agent’s “children.” He reportedly wrote that he intended to touch and penetrate her daughter’s genitals, to have the girl give him hand jobs and oral sex, and to rape her.

There's more disgusting stuff in the article.

Now to the juicy part

He was also a very outspoken GG critic.

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
A federal complaint alleges that Bright sought to molest a 7- and 9-year-old and met with an undercover agent for this purpose, at which point he was arrested. It also states that Bright claimed to be in a sexual relationship with an 11-year-old. He is currently being held without bail.
Holy shit, I joked in the other topic that the FBI honeypotted him by pretending to be "SexySchoolGirl06", and it looks like I was right on the money.

“I have a girl I’ve been teaching off and on for a couple of months now,” Bright reportedly wrote. “But she’s in the Bronx, which makes the logistics much harder.”
Asked by the agent what he is good at “teaching,” Bright allegedly responded, “I think masturbation and, [sic] anal sex are probably my favourite subjects. Helping girls find those special places to touch, it’s very rewarding.”
The conversation then shifted to Bright’s plans for the agent’s “children.” He reportedly wrote that he intended to touch and penetrate her daughter’s genitals, to have the girl give him hand jobs and oral sex, and to rape her.
Bring back the firing squad.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I honestly think he had no idea what "lolicon" actually meant. Nowhere in that (asinine) screed did he talk about children, only women.

It would be like me talking about, oh, feminism, but calling feminists "pedophiles" because I do not do words well. Oh, and I write for a living.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: EviLore

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
I honestly think he had no idea what "lolicon" actually meant. Nowhere in that (asinine) screed did he talk about children, only women.

It would be like me talking about, oh, feminism, but calling feminists "pedophiles" because I do not do words well. Oh, and I write for a living.
Yeah, maybe so.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

Or he could just be an idiot

Reactions: HurricaneJesus

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
why is it always these doth protesting and projecting weirdos, and of course pizza was involved

enjoy prison you turd nugget

pizzagate redeemed, i fugging knew it (it's probably not, but let's be honest some weird shit has gone down)

Last edited:

somerset

Apr 15, 2019
Lift up a rock and see what horrors crawl beneath.

There's never been a second when Ars Technica didn't stink of sulphur. They are part of a cabal of pseudo-science outlets that push statist 'science' flavoured societal control messages. Like Monsanto is good for you.

The filth are hiding in plain site. And with the BBC being a literal pedo paradise, we are well used to this kind of thing in the UK, sadly. Want to learn something very sad, go Google P.I.E., the deep state pedo organisation whose members ran schools, council homes for kids, juvenile detention facilities, church groups, etc, for *decades* in the UK, protected at the highest level from prosecution or even arrest.

Mainstream journos are 95% perverts of one type or another, and I ain't talking about simple adult sexual fetish.

Decent people think that even bad people would draw the line at kids- which is where decent people are fatally naive. It is doing the unthinkable that drives these monsters, and better when they get to rub it in our faces.

The psychology of that Vox scumbag ruining the lives of Youtube creators, and Bright are exactly the same, they just differ in their chosen preference of abuse of power over the helpless.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
As soon as he hits general population he is going to start repenting his sins.
I will be proud, and will proudly boast if is was me providing papers, and money, to other inmates
leading to proper punishment for this fucking pedo.

Then we go after his friends and enablers.

Jmarshall

Mar 28, 2018
Vile man. I wouldn't condemn a whole website or even a political perspective because of the moral failings of one individual.
He is clearly a danger to children and has attempted to intellectualise his perversion as some extension of the sexual spectrum, and somewhat managed to hide in plain sight it seems.

Reactions: dragonfart28
Aug 22, 2018
pizzagate redeemed, i fugging knew it (it's probably not, but let's be honest some weird shit has gone down)
Comet Ping Pong Pizza had some really weird shit on their instagram and coincidences galore(Like FBI recognized pedo symbol level).
I don't think trafficking was done on site, that's just dumb. That guy who shot a hole in the roof, he was an actor by profession, but a dumbass full time.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
How could he get away with making all those tweets? Surely the alarm bells must have been ringing?

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway
Anybody who has age of consent laws for so many places memorized the way he did is OBVIOUSLY a perv.
What's worse is that no age of consent law would support what he did, so it feels like he wanted to use the lack of a definite hard line on age of consent as some self-justification for his behavior. 7 and 9 years old, like wtf? Most countries go from 16-18.

Fucking pedo, fucking piece of shit. Couldn't he just jack off to lolishit instead? Or just chemically castrating himself? Nah, instead go, be evil and destroy kids for life.

Reactions: Yakuzakazuya

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
So he though people being attracted to hentai (which, in all the examples he responds to, is of big breasted women of undisclosed age) is wrong and pedophilic, but he also thought age is just a number and consent can be given as young as 14, but then he was raping an 11 year old and was interested in even younger children.

Honk fucking honk.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacReady13

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
As soon as he hits general population he is going to start repenting his sins.
I will be proud, and will proudly boast if is was me providing papers, and money, to other inmates
leading to proper punishment for this fucking pedo.

Then we go after his friends and enablers.
Think we could get away with crowdfunding air dropping leaflets with the names of these sorts into prison yards? Maybe include some of his choice writings.

It's called brain development, you fucking degenerate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whitesnake
Oct 26, 2018

He makes a good point. Nobody in the games media industry are really talking about this. I wonder why?
No kidding.

Even though Ars Technica isn't a dedicated game site, it's still holistically a tech site, that does have some gaming info here and there.

Funny how all the game devs and game site "journalists" are all about trying to be woke the last few years, yet when one of their own shits the bed they all clam up as if nothing happened. Where's all the tweets saying Ar Technica is a shit site?

Where's Kotaku? Get on it Jason Schreier. We need some research and tweets about Peter Bright if you got the guts.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
No kidding.

Even though Ars Technica isn't a dedicated game site, it's still holistically a tech site, that does have some gaming info here and there.

Funny how all the game devs and game site "journalists" are all about trying to be woke the last few years, yet when one of their own shits the bed they all clam up as if nothing happened. Where's all the tweets saying Ar Technica is a shit site?

Where's Kotaku? Get on it Jason Schreier. We need some research and tweets about Peter Bright if you got the guts.
It's amazing, isn't it?
The rash of articles the escalate and ask questions and "the need to have a conversation about..", cast aspersions, throw wide-nets, call for more stringency when, say, some rep tweets a joke that someone claims is transphobic. Or when a game comes out that doesn't have an easy mode..

..yet this??

I reckon a lot of them are sweating it out and hoping they can stink up a big virtue signal about how COMPANY X didn't have enough Puerto-Rican, disabled, pansexual, lisping, cleft-palleted representatives on their E3 stall and how this is all GamerGate's fault.

CurryPanda

Formerly 'CyberPanda' formerly ‘CurryPanda’
Mar 4, 2019
What a sick motherfucker. God damn, I hate hearing about this kind of stuff.

Special place in hell for people who abuse children.
He won’t survive in jail. Once the other inmates find out about what he did, he’s gonzo.

juliotendo

Jan 5, 2019
Mexico
Not surprised. He has all the classic characteristics of a sick fuck.

• Overweight, unkept, physically unattractive for any woman.
  • Very outspoken regarding his leftist political views.
  • Self proclaimed male feminist (dead giveaway — real masculine men with priorities and careers and proper balls in their sacks don’t say these stupid things)
  • Heavy Twitter user. Blue check mark. Photo of himself drinking coffee or some soy drink whatever.
  • He’s an obvious beta male.

Last edited:

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
Not surprised. He has all the classic characteristics of a sick fuck.

• Overweight, unkept, physically unattractive for any woman.
  • Very outspoken regarding his leftist political views.
  • Self proclaimed male feminist (dead giveaway — real masculine men with priorities and careers and proper balls in their sacks don’t say these stupid things)
  • Heavy Twitter user. Blue check mark. Photo of himself drinking coffee or some soy drink whatever.
  • He’s an obvious beta male.
He's more aptly an Omega Male.