• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Bright, ex-Ars Technica reporter, arrested and charged with soliciting child sex online

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Sickening. This sick fuck wanted to get caught too, just look at how much he jokes about this in social media.

This is why I still don’t trust James Gunn. Sick fucking people on this planet

Oct 26, 2018
And yet editors of sites like VG247 and The Verge will talk about it, but not report on it:

Such strong feelings.
But such selective reporting.
That's journalism for you.

The funny thing is, it should be easy articles to write. We don't even need disgusting details to add the situation.

Lots of people surely know Peter Bright from an industry perspective. No in depth research needed. Just tell readers from personal experience what's like to be with and work with Peter Bright and if there were any suspicious stuff he did.

But nada. All clammed up. Not so journalistic after all.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Just tell readers from personal experience what's like to be with and work with Peter Bright and if there were any suspicious stuff he did.
That's what is so disturbing: they are more than happy to sacrifice someone for the sake of a story. They are click-baiters, after all (most of them, at least). And according to their standards, there's all this "guilt by association" they love to use against folks. The last 5 years especially (post GamerGate) are full of articles where one journalist or a group of journalists go out of their way to cancel a person or even a company.

Yet they are now silent when it comes to Peter Bright. Why? This is the perfect opportunity to not only condemn something evil, but to show your virtue and crow about how not Peter Bright you are.

Oct 26, 2018
Don't be surprised if you see a bunch of Ars Technica people resigning. Gaming industry has lots of manbabies. As some of you said, there might be a link of pedo-journalists out there.

Better to keep out of sight than chime in.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
I just saw the ban page
That is hilarious.

I'm not seeing much of interest yet - looks like he was DOTA2 obsessed, said "fuck anime" a bunch, and his waifu was oddly a big bobbed archer from DOTA2. Let the investigation continue!

Oh, god:

"I dont know what is worse: Drumpf or postpubescent anime girls."

Last edited:

Helios

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2018
You also got this gem
Oh, god:

"I dont know what is worse: Drumpf or postpubescent anime girls."
@Vade got the last laugh after all

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
Maybe there should be a system where you need to pass a government officiated test which renders you fit to give sexual consent. Now the government needs to choose at what age you're allowed to take the test,

Then it would be possible for a woman with her sex-pass to have sex with a man that doesn't have one, and now she's a rapist.

Also I don't think the above is an actual solution, but it's an interesting thought.

Vade

Dec 28, 2012
You also got this gem

@Vade got the last laugh after all
It is poetic

Reactions: Helios

Vade

Dec 28, 2012
@infinitys_7th
Did his post get edited? I don't see any edit on it ,but it use to say "I dont know what is worse: Drumpf or postpubescent anime girls."

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
@infinitys_7th
Did his post get edited? I don't see any edit on it ,but it use to say "I dont know what is worse: Drumpf or postpubescent anime girls."
It did. I was trying to humorously paraphrase him (which was supposed to be indicated by "" instead of an actual quote box) because I find it hilarious that every time he reeeeed about anime being for pedos it was in the context of girls/women with (large) breasts. Boob mousepads, that girl from Katawa Shoujo, etc

Meanwhile, he was (self-admittedly) raping an 11 year old girl and trying to find even younger children to molest.

It probably makes sense to edit it - it is an ongoing case, and that is not what he actually said. And people did think that was the actual quote.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2008
USA
And people say Pizzagate is a hoax.
I try not to engage too much with conspiracy. I did watch and read a bit about "Pizzagate" at the time. I have to admit that there's something going on with all the obfuscation. What that is, I have no clue.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
I try not to engage too much with conspiracy. I did watch and read a bit about "Pizzagate" at the time. I have to admit that there's something going on with all the obfuscation. What that is, I have no clue.
That is basically my position - I highly doubt that Hillary was visiting a dungeon under a pizza parlor to eat children, but there is definitely something to the "pizza" side of it that caused the collective anuses of the media complex which screeched about it to pinch shut.

Last edited: