• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Petition to get Mario Party games Online?

Cutty Flam

Banned
I have some questions fellow gamers

Would it all be in vain, to try to gather enough fans to sign a petition to let Nintendo know we want to be able to play Mario Party games in full, with others, online? The full online experience

Would this be a waste of time even if I got 100,000-1 million signatures from that many different people?

Just curious. I wouldn’t mind starting this and making it a mission of mine to spread the word. I’ve dreamed about this being a plausible reality since the first rumors of the Wii being speculated to be in production in like 2005 or something. Always did daydream about being able to play Mario Party with friends and family away from here, others from other cities, countries all across the globe. I’ve been an extreme fan since like 2002 when I played my first game of Mario Party in Mario Party 2 and fell in love with them ever since

But online for these games, will we ever see the day where it’s treated with the same respect as SSBU online experience? And what will it take to get there?

Any thoughts or advice on this will be highly appreciated

Enjay

Banned
Online / playing with ppl not in the room together seems to go against their philosophy on what mario party is but never say never.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think at the very least it should have private matches online. The friends and family I used to play the series with on the N64 and GameCube are now spread across Canada and very rarely get to see eachother. So having the ability to play with eachother online world be fantastic. Plus that way nobody gets shivved because the game decided their stupid lucky ass happened to have the star vendor moved right fucking next to them.

Rat Rage

Yes it would be pointless. Mario Party is a game that encourages real-life multiplayer. You have to gather with friends and play it locally. This way, you get the maximum fun out of the game.

If you can't do that, too bad for you. Go fix your life and make some friends.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Yes it would be pointless. Mario Party is a game that encourages real-life multiplayer. You have to gather with friends and play it locally. This way, you get the maximum fun out of the game.

If you can't do that, too bad for you. Go fix your life and make some friends.
That’s not the point. Your perspective is very small-scale

Why wouldn’t they want to reach out towards more. It is a family game. It is primarily for the immediate family and friends, but why exclude an online experience that could potentially bring the series into new territory, be more marketable, bring more people together? I made an amazing friend online. On the game Halo 2 via xbox live in like 2005 and still talk to him regularly. My bro visited his house in the country he lives in and vacationed with him. Video games at their best create great times, great memories, and bring others together. That’s what Mario Party is all about, so online can only be a plus if they go about it in a user friendly way

What about all the times you wanted to play as a kid but only one person else wanted to play? Or maybe you wanted to play a board game but had to do it alone? The competitive aspect is greater when you have actual people going against you, than a bunch of computers

Shaqazooloo

It wouldn’t be pointless
Consumers’ attitude and thoughts are always taken into account
That’s how money is made fool
A petition signed by a bunch of randos online is not gonna influence Nintendo's decisions. Especially for a game that really doesnt need online anyway to sell.

Also 1 million signatures for this is wishful thinking at best. Even 100,000 is insanely optimistic.

If you want online Mario Party, your best bet is emulators. I recommend the N64 games since it's possible to add custom boards now.

Gamecube and I think the Wii games also have Netplay.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Before if anyone asks why it's pointless
Who the fuck would want to play the absolute bull shit of Mario Party online?

You asked a question. Got an honest answer and resort to name calling because you didn't like the answer?
This is I what I think of when anyone calls me "Fool," these days
tenor.png

Cutty Flam

Banned
You asked a question. Got an honest answer and resort to name calling because you didn't like the answer?
Wrong. I didn’t get an answer, but an opinion. Clearly he has little idea as to how a business operates, so he’ll be called a fool according to such a response. Could say the same for you if you can’t even see where his faults lay in such a statememt. But like I said, it was an opinion. I wont tolerate condescending little shits at any point idgaf if it causes strife. If anybody has something to say speak up. That’s the way it should be

Vawn

Banned
Wrong. I didn’t get an answer, but an opinion. Clearly he has little idea as to how a business operates, so he’ll be called a fool according to such a response. Could say the same for you if you can’t even see where his faults lay in such a statememt. But like I said, it was an opinion. I wont tolerate condescending little shits at any point idgaf if it causes strife. If anybody has something to say speak up. That’s the way it should be

Lol ok, tough guy.

Because thinking an online petition will make Nintendo change its plans shows you know a lot about how business works.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Lol ok, tough guy.

Because thinking an online petition will make Nintendo change its plans shows you know a lot about how business works.

Good luck.
Right, because you can discern how much I know based off one post. Real scholar-like you are, don’t embarrass us too much with that big brain of yours now

Cutty Flam

Banned
Good luck with your online petition to change Mario Party.
Yeah. Yeah. Because any other form of petition is feasible at a time like this...Everything is done online. Only goofs that dabble in politics sit out in the open with pen and documents wasting the day away trying to make some kind of change

I’m not changing Mario Party either. I’m only seeking to claim what should have been given to the loyal fans long ago

mcjmetroid

I really wanted to get that switch version but good grief only 4 boards? It really felt like Nintendo themselves never liked the game. They almost never promote it and never bothered with dlc.

Hoefuly a much better sequel is being planned.

Digity

The fact that it doesn’t to begin with baffles me, seems like a no brainer. I know I’d play it more if it did.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I really wanted to get that switch version but good grief only 4 boards? It really felt like Nintendo themselves never liked the game. They almost never promote it and never bothered with dlc.

Hoefuly a much better sequel is being planned.
I haven’t felt the greatness since Mario Party 8, and even then, I wish it had even 1/2 the strategy that Mario Party 5 required. I’ve essentially given up on ever having an amazing MP like MP2 or MP3

They targeted very, and I mean very small children with Super Mario Party. You get coins for high fiving after mini games ffs. Everybody is a winner attitude...it’s disappointing to say the least

It’s still fun to play with friends and family, but the satisfaction is largely gone imo. One summer, my friends and I, and my bro would play a game of Mario Party 3 once or twice, sometimes even three times in a week we loved it so much. We were having the time of our lives playing those games. Super competitive and just having a fun time together all the same. But I could never do that with Super Mario Party. It’s definitely the sellout of the series

Cutty Flam

Banned
The fact that it doesn’t to begin with baffles me, seems like a no brainer. I know I’d play it more if it did.
A lot of people are thinking the same I’m sure. This series has been going on since when, 1999 maybe? 21 years and for some strange reason, no online? What gives?

Even trash Wii games like Super Mario Strikers was given a chance online

Shaqazooloo

I haven’t felt the greatness since Mario Party 8, and even then, I wish it had even 1/2 the strategy that Mario Party 5 required.
Wat?

You sure you didn't mean to say MP6?
That’s only for PC gamers though. I’m not willing to risk 1.5 grand every two years for PC gaming. I love video games, but I’m not that hardcore or tech savvy
You dont need a good pc for N64 emulation. I had a crap laptop 10 or so years ago that played them fine.

The Gamecube and Wii are the ones that would be demanding.

Ribi

That’s only for PC gamers though. I’m not willing to risk 1.5 grand every two years for PC gaming. I love video games, but I’m not that hardcore or tech savvy
1.5 grand every two years?? That doesn't sound like PC gaming that sounds like buying a gaming laptop and upgrading that every time a better one comes out and for God's sakes I can play n64 emu on an andriod device from 2013

Cutty Flam

Banned
Can’t doubt me now can you big Shaq daddy?

Big Papi Cutty getting the petition out. Maybe one day your kids will be tugging at your shirt and asking if you want to fill in, on a must win game of Mario Party versus their one of their homies while they go and eat a sandwich

....That’s right...

Cutty Flam

Banned
spends effort to get signatures from 100,000 people

cant make 1+ friends

2X98Lxt.jpg
Good Lord......the guy with the abominable avi of an infant abuser comes forth. Please, continue to contribute as you please, great poster named buizel. Your opinions here are cherished and valid

Top Bottom