• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni

This thread is going in like 2,000 miles per second.

Oid0xZT.gif

Person who has made various problematic comments and 'jokes' says something racist. Not surprising.

What is surprising is how cleanly the word flowed from his tongue, as if he uses the word profusely (while cameras aren't around).

Hopefully YouTube shuts down his channel for being a racist.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
When people see this, i hope they realize how far into the 'realm of acceptability' sexism and racism have become. Its not even disguised anymore, and pretty much excused away. The people who are not okay with it are the ones who are demonized as the all convenient "SJW"

Yukinari

Is Ethan gonna try and defend this one or will he just let it go.

Its hard for Pewdiepie to just constantly get let off the hook.

This YouTube wannabe...

One of the biggest youtubers ever is a "youtube wannabe" ? Okay.

But damn, what an idiot. After the last time things took a bad turn for him i figured he'd learn, but i guess not. I get that things slip out, but this shouldnt be a word thats so easy to just slip out.

This is like people trying to defend using the word faggot. "It's just a word guys! The language has evolved, it doesn't mean hateful stuff anymore! Stop being so sensitive, we're just joking!" Etc. Etc.

You know what triggers these people? Call them a racist or a bigot and suddenly they lose their mind. Go tell pewd that all white people are racist and let's see his response. The irony is palpable.

Who would've thought the guy who was called out for racist shit a while ago was actually racist?

I bet he's going to brush this off with "just a joke guys, don't be so offended at my humour lulz".

ZeoVGM

Banned
During the whole streaming session, he used the word nibber, with b, multiple times. This time he fucked up and said it the way he really wants to say it.

That's fucking embarrassing and in my opinion, is no different than actually saying it.

He's a white guy trying to sneak around saying the actual word. No, it doesn't make it okay to purposefully say it differently like some edgy joke.

There's no defense left at this point. Hopefully this spreads and his sponsors leave him completely.

wow, now let's see who he will made a new video to react about the the news about his word.

also,something is bothering me, why people are donating to him? it's not like he need any

DJYbGEIXkAIrw8B.jpg

i understand the concept of donating to normal people on twitch so they can continue,but to pewdiepie?
He's sticking it to the SJWs! 💪💪💪
dont know, it's dumb

So many dismissive posts in this thread, I hope it will be eye opening to some.

Racists and the far right are more emboldened than ever, we need to call this out when we see it.

Yep. Be as loud and vocal as possible. Make anyone who says or does stuff like this and the people that defend it as uncomfortable and annoyed as you possibly can, make it everywhere they go.

Onyar

Fuck him, but as a non american I don't understand why black people is allowed to say it or it doesn't matter if they use it. Just don't say the word everyone.

There are so many kids who watch these YouTubers, especially Pewdiepie. That's the worst part. These guys are normalizing this language and mentality in a lot of impressionable young minds.

Are there any major YouTube personalities that are actually decent people? I seriously want to know, because every once in a while I talk to younger kids who watch these YouTube channels, and I'd like to have a decent one to recommend them watch instead.

MaximillianDood is a very genuine guy, Superbestfriendsplay are all pretty cool guys, as far as I know Gamegrumps are still good. There are lots of non cancerous youtubers left, you just gotta look real good for them. lol

Majukun

LOL. I love the "Hey, im Europe its not a slur!" excuse as if there's this magical divide where Europeans have no idea what racial slurs are and its this multi-country utopia of racial harmony, lol.

Meanwhile, Last time someone said some fucked up racial shit to my face was in Zurich from a Brit

what not putting the same weight US citizens put in the world and having or not having racial tension have to do with each other exacly? ò_ò

i'0m from italy, and if someone uses the equivalent of the n-world here,it might at best rise an eyebrow or some particular militant people might ask you to use some more political correct terms,but no one would flip his shit like it would happen in the US..and it has nothing to do with Italy not having racists or racial tension,but it's about the word itself not having the same history that it has in the US

maybe next time don't think about the US as the center of the freaking world.

Dmented

Banned
Shows that he's a "true gamer" 'cause idk how many fucking gamers I've heard use that shit so casually it's unreal.

NoName999

Oh man, the purging of GAF accounts itt is gonna make me very moist.

But PeeYewPie being a racist shithead? Who could have seen that coming? Lol next you're gonna tell me that water is wet!

This is the new reality we live in. A reality in which an openly racist shitbag has millions of young fans viewing him as a role model and another openly racist shitbag is the president of the United States.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I'm so glad this piece of shit has never earned a single penny from me. I've learned all I need to know from other threads on GAF.

You don't accidently say nigger. Yall are naive if you think that slips out in a heated moment. Of all the words to say during playimg a video game dude picks nigger and you're gonna act like its just a mistake?

He(Max not PewDiePie) tried to say ninja dagger really fast and jumbled it up it had nothing to do with a heated moment. I don't approve of anyone using the n-word because it's awful.

Haven't read the thread but I assume some people are defending this. I can't understand why it's so hard to just not casually use racist slurs.

Oberon

Banned
The best part about this is that in context it's even worse.
In context he used it as an insult.
So there isn't any reasonable way he can wiggle himself out of the situation.

daviyoung

Banned
what not putting the same weight US citizens put in the world and having or not having racial tension have to do with each other exacly? ò_ò

i'0m from italy, and if someone uses the equivalent of the n-world here,it might at best rise an eyebrow or some particular militant people might ask you to use some more political correct terms,but no one would flip his shit like it would happen in the US..and it has nothing to do with Italy not having racists or racial tension,but it's about the word itself not having the same history that it has in the US

maybe next time don't think about the US as the center of the freaking world.

What if they said it on TV?

Shit like this needs to be punished severely

Report this to YouTube and his sponsors. People with lots of followers and thought leaders need to put this on blast. This also needs to be picked up by the media. YouTube won't age restrict and cut his advertisements unless this starts trending. Kid also needs to feel unsafe at the conventions he goes to. If you see him at something make sure he knows that just because he is successful he can get away with it.

ChrisD

It doesn't just slip out if you don't say it.

I'm not talking on either YTer right now; I still remember years ago when my five year old sister was putting random words together with 'fun'. After a few other jumbled thing like Fublock (fun block), Fudoor, and Funpet (Fun carpet), she literally shouted the F word clear as day because "it sounded funny" in her head. Thankfully nobody was over. :|

(Probably not a time to share this, but it's what popped into my head when I read this post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom