• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanTSC

EuWMP8Z.png

Not surprised, but this is such utter bullshit.

I swear I have to type this every fucking day of my life now: There is no both sides or middle ground when it comes to Racism and Hate.

Racism is not a "different viewpoint" or "political opinion". The color of someone's skin does not make them subhuman or lesser and that is not "up for debate".

Fuck off, Boogie. Defending Racists makes you a terrible person.

It's seriously not hard. It's not hard to not be an asshole. It's not hard to NOT defend racism and racists. Stop doing it.

All I've really heard him say a lot is "retard", and that word isn't as socially unacceptable as racial slurs yet, so maybe he'll grow out of it idk

It should be. It's also used to marginalize an entire class of people. Both the mentally disabled and physically disabled get called that on the daily no matter how serious the disablity is.

DarkestHour

Banned
These Youtube and Twitch dudes are acting like they can't speak out against the king. It's fucking weird.

Similar to how some police defend each other in the wrong. They're all bros and they probably all use the "N" word in gaming and talk shit to other people.

PMS341

"Well, I don't mind black folk, but sayin' the n word is just so gosh darn FUN!"
Or something.
It's bullshit.

Basically this. You'd be surprise how many redhats spew out shit along the lines of "heritage not hate" just so they can say racial slurs in public without repercussions.

pelican

Eh Lirik seems kind of sheltered. He doesn't seem to be defending him, just pointing out that a lot of casual racists who spam racist emotes in chat are getting on Pewdiepie's ass over this when they probably do the same thing irl, aka "just as bad"

Using racial slurs in chat is bad, but you can't use the two wrongs make a right mentality. It doesn't work.

poodaddy

Gold Member
If she was a fully grown adult who found his normal content entertaining...then I feel bad for her already.

That's insulting and kinda mean man. I mean yeah I hate his content too, he's really annoying and kinda random and loud, not to mention immature, but my friend liking it doesn't make her a bad person. She's an intelligent, caring individual; she just seems to have a much higher tolerance for very obnoxious humor than I do and that's ok. It's all just opinions.

Caboose

It should be. It's also used to marginalize an entire class of people. Both the mentally disabled and physically disabled get called that on the daily no matter how serious the disablity is.

Well yeah but we're not there yet. Ten years ago calling someone "faggot" wasn't as frowned upon as it is now. It'll happen.

PMS341

Also, is anyone still laughing at "Heated Gaming Moment" as the first main excuse being paraded around?

HEATED

GAMING

MOMENT

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
These Youtube and Twitch dudes are acting like they can't speak out against the king. It's fucking weird.
It's sort of a mini cult of personality that you see in a lot of internet communities. Sometimes people just put high-profile figures like progamers, streamers, or even forum moderators on a pedestal and cheer whatever they do. If they're not cheering, they're giving them more of a pass for bad behavior.

Notice how when a forum moderator burns someone, it's usually followed by a few people going "OHHH BURRRRRN" or something along those lines, when you're way less likely to see that sort of thing (or at least much less of it) from a normal poster? The same goes with people defending bad behavior from some high-profile figure online, and I guess the same thing happens with youtube/twitch personalities dealing with bigger online personalities.

yuoke

Banned
I was willing to give boogie the benefit of the doubt before this, but now...forget that. I can't believe he won't outright shut down what pewd said.

13ruce

Banned
Also, is anyone still laughing at "Heated Gaming Moment" as the first main excuse being paraded around?

HEATED

GAMING

MOMENT

Could have said a regular curse word instead that's what i do in a "heat game moment"

No way that "flips" out of my mouth while gaming.

HEATED

GAMING

MOMENT

"Locker room talk" Trump's tendrils are reaching everything in our pop culture. Scumbags of all stripes are using his deflection tactics now. From Martin Skrelli to racist youtubers

AndersK

HEATED

GAMING

MOMENT

So, uh, I was playing my switch on a train and lost a bout of Mario Kart. I killed 3 people, defecated on a baby, and heiled.

Whew dem heated gaming's moments man

jacobeid

Banned
Could have said a regular curse word instead that's what i do in a "heat game moment"

Sounds like you're a normal person! Whenever I'm in a "heated gaming moment" (TM) I am infinitely more inclined to yell "s^#t" or "f*!k" than a racial slur.

And I don't even have a camera on me. It's almost like PDP is the piece of shit we've been saying he is for years.

But who's in the middle? That comment don't even make sense

People who don't believe, or choose to ignore, that they are racist.

So the biggest guy in the history of YouTube, who made around $5-$8M per year from YouTube alone decided to put it ALL into the shitter by being a racist jack-ass.

I assume, like with all racists, he was hiding this all the time because of dem moniezzz.

Oh well, good riddance. Once a racist always a racist so he is forfeit as a person.

I swear if Lobos Jr is a fucking racist as well I am done with all Twitch/ YT fucks.

N21

It's amazing how many uncivilised and just downright awful people we as a community have made famous over the years. I guess it's one reason why You-Tubers rarely transition to any other media well enough to sustain a fan-base.

Not surprised, but this is such utter bullshit.

I swear I have to type this every fucking day of my life now: There is no both sides or middle ground when it comes to Racism and Hate.

Racism is not a "different viewpoint" or "political opinion". The color of someone's skin does not make them subhuman or lesser and that is not "up for debate".

Fuck off, Boogie. Defending Racists makes you a terrible person.

It's seriously not hard. It's not hard to not be an asshole. It's not hard to NOT defend racism and racists. Stop doing it.

It doesn't help that one of his issues is "I don't like that Campo Santo is issuing a takedown, because it's a dangerous precedent," as if the ability to build your livelihood off of other people's intellectual property is some kind of inviolable right, exceptions to which damage the rights of everyone.

It's not like banning someone from using your works in their own work because they don't want to be associated with your rhetoric is a life-ruining tactic that gets abused by horrible people. There's not a whole lot of harm that can come from that - it's a precedent no one should fear.

Massicot

Boogie's unyielding centrist i-refuse-to-ever-take-a-side or have any opinions "stance" is beyond eye roll worthy. Guy comes across as having nothing interesting to say ever except wanting to preserve the status quo.

I think he thinks he's being smart and rational but doesn't realize he's not being helpful at all with these bread sandwich responses.

PMS341

So, uh, I was playing my switch on a train and lost a bout of Mario Kart. I killed 3 people, defecated on a baby, and heiled.

Whew dem heated gaming's moments man

Reminds me of that time I ran out of Poke Balls on a Legendary and had to restart, but I did so by throwing my 3DS at mach speed towards the closest colored person in my vicinity. Heated Gaming Moment!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Eh Lirik seems kind of sheltered. He doesn't seem to be defending him, just pointing out that a lot of casual racists who spam racist emotes in chat are getting on Pewdiepie's ass over this when they probably do the same thing irl, aka "just as bad"
Where are these casual racists that are now attacking PDP? Is there a bit of proof backing up that claim?

Lirik is assuming everyone is a casual racist, and writing them off as such. Seems like he may be projecting.

Yes. Using a word, no matter how wrong, is worse than flying two planes into populated buildings causing the death of thousands.

I honestly can't believe someone considers this to be worse than 9/11.

I think that person you were responding to was just shit posting, trying to say we shouldn't care about this issue because 9/11 happened on this calendar date 16 years ago.

Can we stop giving Boogie the platform he is thirsty for? Boogie ain't Boogie anymore, his views are as tainted as his gimmicks and perverted capitalization of mentally weak and underdeveloped. He was funny when current-gen consoles were on a brink of launch, and he stopped being funny or relevant quite afterwards.

He's almost as relevant as Carlos Mencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom