• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.
He accidentally said the word on stream and apologized right away. I don't get how he is in anyway comparable to pewdiepie. Max is a great/nice guy.

You don't accidently say nigger. Yall are naive if you think that slips out in a heated moment. Of all the words to say during playimg a video game dude picks nigger and you're gonna act like its just a mistake?

DrArchon

A quick reminder to the people reading this thread that NeoGAF is the most progressive gaming forum on the internet. Yeah.

Yep. God only knows what everyone else is saying about this. It's incredibly depressing how hate speech has become so normalized on the internet because anyone who complains about it is "too sensitive".

Fuck that noise. I'd say I hope YT and Twitch ban him, but I could see him setting up a Patreon account and still raking in the money, no problem at all.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That was legitimately hard to watch. Holy crap.

What did Maximillian say/do?

Here's the GAF thread on it

Basically he was throwing out nonsense names for attacks that were devolving into random syllables, and one of them came out as something like "chinder chagger nigger dagger". He says he literally didn't realize he said it and was just making noises at that point, which is honestly believable enough, but it still wasn't a good look. He apologized pretty profusely and handled it honestly, at least.

Max fucked up, but putting that on the same level as Pewdiepie throwing out "fucking nigger" as an insult is stretching.

Buckle

"I'm not racist, guys! The death to jews thing and that time I said n***** was just a joke."

*fours month later he's caught screaming gay slurs too and the cycle repeats*

deli2000

What does your comment have to do with the topic? If you don't like neogaf you can just, ya know, leave.

I'm saying that the caping and defending would even worse on other sites, which is pretty damning. Also, as a black guy I have the right to talk about a hobby I like without people defending the goddamn n-word.

The n word does not pop out of your mouth by accident. Of all the things that slip out of my mouth by accident, the n word (or any other ethnic slur) is not one of them. It's literally not in my vocabulary.

He probably said it by accident, but that's only because it's a word that is in his vocabulary that he probably uses when he is alone or with the right people.

Also that. There's a lot of gross stuff that can pop out of your mouth by accident. But if it's a racist thing, you must question yourself.

Said it so casually too, like it's everyday language. Oh well, I ain't getting mad over this as I already know he's a piece of shit.

m29a

Neo Member
I always hated that dude. I'll never understand why his fans even like him, who wants to be entertained by that obnoxiousness? Terrible person, disgusting behavior. Shit like this pisses me off so much.

Lux R7

The n word does not pop out of your mouth by accident. Of all the things that slip out of my mouth by accident, the n word (or any other ethnic slur) is not one of them. It's literally not in my vocabulary.

He probably said it by accident, but that's only because it's a word that is in his vocabulary that he probably uses when he is alone or with the right people.

agree.

How many times do you guys play CS:GO or Dota? You hear worse things all the time there. Well he is a well known person and shouldnt act this way. But its a problem of the overall gaming community. And keep in mind the guy is living in Sweden (as far as I know) not the USA so he comes from a different culture and dosnt get some of the things you US citizens find very offensive. Not trying to defend him.

Skilletor

You don't accidently say nigger. Yall are naive if you think that slips out in a heated moment. Of all the words to say during playimg a video game dude picks nigger and you're gonna act like its just a mistake?

Just reveals the mindset of the people defending it, honestly.

How many times do you guys play CS:GO or Dota? Well he is a well known person and shouldnt act this way. But its a problem of the overall gaming community. And keep in mind the guy is living in Sweden (as far as I know) not the USA so he comes from a different culture and dosnt get some of the things you US citizens find very offensive. Not trying to defend him.

That's exactly what you're doing.

How are so many hand-wavers brushing off using the n-word as something just said in the heat of the moment as if it correlates with a cuss word. You either have to be a complete idiot or just not give a shit to think it's the same as asshole, fuck, etc.

The people in this thread defending what he said...
giphy.gif

Yukinari

The context was Max reading a donation name and getting tongue tied.

I will defend Max to hell and back if i have to until he genuinely does something like what Pewdiepie did.

ChrisD

What does your comment have to do with the topic? If you don't like neogaf you can just, ya know, leave.

He's saying that if people are defending it here, on the most progressive gaming forum, just imagine what they're saying elsewhere.

Or, at least that's what I read it as.

His point is that even on a progressive site like GAF we have members defending this or tossing it aside as something not worth being deeply concerned about. It's pretty damn sad.

I am not angry because I am not surprised. This is who and what he is and has been. Sad that most of his followers will hear it and a lot will applaud and defend him.

The word doesn't bother me anymore, but the way it's said does.

This is why kids should not watch YouTube. Hope he gets banned from Twitch at least

You're naive to ignore all context of how he said it. Jeez it wasnt even a "heated moment"

Ferr986

About the Europe doesn't know the meaning of the word thingfy, even though it is true that it happens with some people, this is not PewDiePie first rodeo, he knows what the word means.

He's a piece of shit, that's it.

Iirc he was rhyming/alliterating nonsense words and the word in thread title came out. He apologized profusely afterwards.

Yeah Max absolutely does not strike me as a racist. He was gutted after that came out of him and it seemed like a legitimate accident based on the context. He's good people.

PewDiePie on the other hand,
as well as the people defending or handwaving it away most likely,
absolutely does strike me as a racist and deserves no mercy.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What did Maximillian do?

he said the word. and despite apologies and excuses, you can forgive, but nobody should be forgetting these things. even out of context, if something like that comes to your mind to say, its important to think about.

Twio

Who cares

As a mixed dude who passes for Spanish but is black, the anxiety this gives me is awful

Not because I give a shit about Pewdiepie, but because he has so many viewers who will watch this shit and think it's okay to do

It's dehumanizing to black people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom