• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

K.Sabot

The more I play of this, the more I want to stop playing it and wait for the English release.

I feel like I'm spoiling myself.

can someone tell me what this error means?
Da0Yg.png

Mistle

The more I play of this, the more I want to stop playing it and wait for the English release.

I feel like I'm spoiling myself.
Same haha! I played the hell out of the betas so I got my fix... But I still I want to keep playing the JP version even though I promised myself I'd wait for the English release...

Not sure how long I'll last. Depends how long SEGA make me wait.

wwm0nkey

Did anyone post the roadmap yet? Seems like it should be added to the OP

In mid-July, the first update will be out and will bring in the mines under Lillipa, new enemies, two new bosses, new items, new client orders, and new interupt events. A new scratch will also come along with it featuring new costumes, hairstyles, accessories, voices, and lobby actions.

Later in the summer will see a medium sized update with more fields and enemies and such. There will also be a new scratch and event lobbies in this update.

In the fall, we'll see the first large update featuring 3 new classes, 5 new weapon types, new PAs and techs, very hard mode, level 50 cap, many rare enemies and bosses, more story quests, and a new emergency quest.

Later in the fall will be another medium sized update with new areas, monsters, and the like. New story quests and a new scratch will also be added. There will also be something system related added or updated at this time, perhaps a ship transfer option.

In the winter, there will be another large update. This one will add large bosses, among other things. These are probably the multi-party bosses.

And finally, in the spring, we'll see the Vita release.

All of these are subject to change, of course, but it's an idea of where PSO2 is going to be going this year.

remz

Shocked at 3 new classes. Maybe some PSU Beast related?

Didn't played (or liked) PSU, so not sure about this.

PSU had hybrid classes (hunter/caster, ranger/hunter, ranger/caster) brought out fairly early, along with some other more varied classes that came out down the track. These classes had different weapon loadouts to the typical base classes and often played pretty drastically differant

I was wondering if they'd do this, considering some popular weapon types (claws, doublesabers) don't appear in the game yet, so they're probably tied to the advance classes... Then again the weapon system in this is way different to PSU so IDK

They're probably not going to add a new race like the Beasts again. I can't see them bringing back the nanoblast thing, and if they don't there's not a whole lot separating them from a melee focused CAST

Kesagiri

Same haha! I played the hell out of the betas so I got my fix... But I still I want to keep playing the JP version even though I promised myself I'd wait for the English release...

Not sure how long I'll last. Depends how long SEGA make me wait.

I'm waiting a week to see if this NA Sega tease is anything of consequence. If not, I'm planning on downloading the Japanese client.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
READ THE GUIDES LINKED IN THE OP.
Seriously. Paying from outside Japan? Answered in the OP. How to whisper to someone? Answered in the OP. Is this the official release? Answered in the OP.
Why :(

Anyway, 2 new Coffee's quests:
- The Tundra one requires getting S rank in the hard mode drilling mission in less then 22 minutes.
- The level 31-40 unlocking one is crazy and requires 90 item drops from each of the fields - Forest/Tundra, Caves, Desert. The drop rate is rather low, so it might take some time.

@StarCreator - yeah, I'll add player IDs to the OP later. Been thinking about this before, but you're right, this should make things easier. For example, my ID isn't in kana, you have a double, etc.

Mistle

Man, I completely forgot PSU had beasts and nanoblasts and hybrid classes and such. I played so much of that game but it's like a distant memory.
I wouldn't mind the return of nanoblasts, they were pretty cool. But I guess we have the mags back and their photon blasts which is similar.

In the fall, we'll see the first large update featuring 3 new classes, 5 new weapon types, new PAs and techs, very hard mode, level 50 cap, many rare enemies and bosses, more story quests, and a new emergency quest.
So good! Sounds like an awesome update. Rare enemies, new weapons, classes... And very hard mode. If they include an "Ultimate" mode that has a makeover similar to the original PSO, I'd be extremely happy. But I doubt it haha.

At Open beta only 2 or 3 blocks used to be almost full.

Right now almost all blocks are close to full and there is already login problems at ship 2.

@remz: Thanks for the info about hybrid classes.

haikira

Getting error No.678. Looking it up, i think it's because i need to sign in with my account on their webpage, before i can sign in to the game. But not having much luck finding where that is.

If someone can point me in the right direction, you'd make me a happy person.

EDIT: Ah. Starting to think, it's because i didn't register for the service. Now that page seems to be down. Doh!

Nishastra

Banned
At Open beta only 2 or 3 blocks used to be almost full.

Right now almost all blocks are close to full and there is already login problems at ship 2.
Around peak Japan time, it was more like half the blocks full, but yeah... Right now every single block is full :p

Nowhere to flee to to avoid loading a billion people in the lobby :p

Nokiri

Neo Member
選択したシップが混雑しているため、
接続することができませんでした。
時間をおいて再度お試しください。
[ No.618 ]

i wanna play
3a7.gif

So I made my first character but had to leave before I finished the tutorial. Now I can't quite figure out how to select the character I made again or even make a new one for that matter. It keeps telling me my AC is 0.

Pietepiet

So I made my first character but had to leave before I finished the tutorial. Now I can't quite figure out how to select the character I made again or even make a new one for that matter. It keeps telling me my AC is 0.

Are you selecting the same Ship you made your character on? Characters don't transfer between ships.

Cmagus

READ THE GUIDES LINKED IN THE OP.
Seriously. Paying from outside Japan? Answered in the OP. How to whisper to someone? Answered in the OP. Is this the official release? Answered in the OP.
Why :(

Anyway, 2 new Coffee's quests:
- The Tundra one requires getting S rank in the hard mode drilling mission in less then 22 minutes.
- The level 31-40 unlocking one is crazy and requires 90 item drops from each of the fields - Forest/Tundra, Caves, Desert. The drop rate is rather low, so it might take some time.

@StarCreator - yeah, I'll add player IDs to the OP later. Been thinking about this before, but you're right, this should make things easier. For example, my ID isn't in kana, you have a double, etc.

Nothing in your op about payment outside of Japan until you go to bumped.org or whatever no need for that kind of response.I'll stick to the bumped site sorry for asking.

haikira

Still trying to get into the login area, on the site. Keep getting timeouts, or the rare times it does work, i entered the bloody capthca wrong. =S

haikira

I'm clicking this on the PSO2 page
beginnerslink_04.png
to sign in once with my Sega ID, to get rid of the error 678. Any other ways i can do it? Since the page this links to, is working 5% of the time for me.

Nishastra

Banned
I doubt there's any other way than to just keep reloading that isao site.

When I registered last weekend, each individual page in the process had maybe a 25% chance of loading. I imagine it's a lot worse now since the game just went live...

haikira

Wouldn't mind nearly as much, if i didn't keep messing up the captchas. It's quite frustrating. Shouldn't have left it, until the last minute.

Cheers for the info though.

EDIT: Haha! Got it at last. Login on the site seems to be working consistently better, at the minute, if that helps anyone.

Daante

If i understanded Jeff correctly in Giant Bombs quicklook the game it is FULLY PLAYABLE WITH THE 360 WIRELESS PC GAMEPAD (?)

Famassu

Since it seems this will never arrive outside Japan in my lifetime:

1) can you play this outside Japan?

2) how hard would it be? Is it just like PSO in that you just kill monsters and advance in levels or is it more complex than that? I could probably learn to navigate menus pretty easily and to use required items and such, but if you have to know objectives to missions (other than KILL BAD MONSTERS) etc., then I might not be able to do this.

Since it seems this will never arrive outside Japan in my lifetime:

1) can you play this outside Japan?

2) how hard would it be? Is it just like PSO in that you just kill monsters and advance in levels or is it more complex than that? I could probably learn to navigate menus pretty easily and to use required items and such, but if you have to know objectives to missions (other than KILL BAD MONSTERS) etc., then I might not be able to do this.

Read the OP.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Nothing in your op about payment outside of Japan until you go to bumped.org or whatever no need for that kind of response.I'll stick to the bumped site sorry for asking.
There's a guide to paying AC linked in the guides section, right?
If it isn't enough I guess I'll add it to the important information section.

Top Bottom