• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Dereck

How many people on GAF still play this

Is anyone willing to babysit a level 1 noob until he finds his wings

Is the party system level based

Are there a lot people still playing this game in general

• The early game is very simple really. You get to make two characters for free. Most people either have one character do every class or have one character do ranged and melee classes and have their second character be a female newman who focuses on magic classes. Aside from that;
  • Once you obtain your mag, pick a class or at least a damage type (striking, ranged, tech) to main and then level up your mag to be (best case scenario) entirely that attack stat.
  • Do Koffie's unlock Client Orders until you've run out of them. You should be well into your 20 or 30's on two classes if you distribute the exp well.
  • If Emergency Quests are available, go to the level/difficulty appropriate block and do them. They're the best way to get exp. If you can manage to get into a party you'll get boosted exp gain based on how many people are in the party.
  • You should be able to buy low end rare weapons from the player shops for 1k to help you along your way.
  • In the Arks lobby theres a guy in a red hat called Kuroto (or something like that, I forgot exactly what the en patch calls him). He has client orders for time attack quests that will be your main/most consistent money source for a long time so the earlier you start working on those the less you have to worry about money (you will never not worry about money, especially in this economy).
  • If you haven't been grinding or affixing your weapons and units by the time you reach VH or SH definitely start doing so. The quality of your gear really starts to matter here.
  • You can largely ignore the crafting system as its a huge money sink. And you can request for other players to do crafts for you. Once you reach the endless grind for 13* you'll want to start doing Zieg's Client Orders since he's the only source of grinders for 13*.
  • What you're doing at level 1 will actually not be all that different from what you can do at level 75
  • Challenge Mode is mostly separate from the rest of the game. The best rewards you can get out of it are EXP tickets (tickets that just award you raw exp), lambda grinders (used for 13*), and the Ideal weapons (best for bossing weapons like rifle).
Theres more class/weapon/skill specific advice I can give but i'll refrain for now. Just in general know that: A) Death is meaningless, don't worry about it. B) Maximizing damage and learning to dodge attacks well is a good thing. C) The game is basically a speed game if you want to get the most out of it.
Lots of people still play the game and you'll be sure to run into foreigners no matter where you go.

Reknoc

sure love this cast figure that doesn't seem to be based on any of the already established casts in the game even though one of them is the best character in the entire franchise

ndduBaf.jpg

probably gonna buy it anyway

The information in the first post is a bit dated but still mostly relevant. Chicken's insights above should pretty much fill the gap.

Don't forget to read up on the friend invite system before you start - you can get your friend's account number so you both gain benefits as you level up. This does require you to be playing on the same Ship as your friend.

I haven't played in a while, but I've been playing on Ship 2 since the beginning. Did something happen with the Team? I was on the NeoGAF team and it seems as if I've been removed. Due to inactivity?

Know who the team leaders are? I'd like to be added back if there is a few regular players. I want to get back into the game, but it's a little intimidating, also going it alone gets dull..
I'm not sure. I think I was like the last active player there for a while before I bolted and went to another group.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just a heads up - I haven't watched the 31st liveastream, but according to the summary on some random Japanese side, the team said that they're not thinking about releasing a PS4 version.

Bummer, that would actually make me go back.

pants

Just a heads up - I haven't watched the 31st liveastream, but according to the summary on some random Japanese side, the team said that they're not thinking about releasing a PS4 version.

I mean a PS4 edition would be really cool, but get it in English and oversees at least. Fucking SEGA >.>

ShinMaruku

Poke Gio Corsi. If Sony sees enough eye balls they will derisk it and Sega will go ham.

kgg0eXU.png

All I do in PSO2 end game is play around in my Team Room and wait for EQs

= v =b

Do some TACOs here and there and then "accidentally" burn it all on cosmetics. Sadly the gun I had here I brought for 29mil because it was thought to be a possible weapon camo. It isn't and now I can't hide my ugly rifle and it's price crashed to 6mil :c

Dereck

I'm not going to play this game in it's current state, and if the game never ever ever gets ported ever to anything else ever, that's too bad. I'll keep an eye out if anything happens.

Dereck

Nothing, it's moreso what's wrong with me.

I'm too lazy to download a 25GB game, translate the game, make an account and play with a relatively small English community.

I downloaded the game yesterday and I lost interest. I actually made two accounts for this game a few years ago and then I reformatted my computer so I lost the game and then I never backed up the accounts that I made.

Not turning on the "g-chat" (global chat) for the small English Community is fine.

I came in with only basic Japanese and carried myself quite far just from research and playing the game itself.
It's one of the better F2P Action MMOs imo.

The only one that came close is Vindictus but it's run by infamous Nexon. And well, Vindi may be more actiony but PSO2 is a better game overall > <

ShinMaruku

I don't know Nexon and Sega are both shit tier.
Mind you they still can make good games but that management is just ew.
I don't know what you would consider small. I have 200+ people I play with from time to time and it's all international.

I love this game because it's NOT a MMO. If it was I'd jump off a cliff.

Dereck

I was able to log in using a SEGA ID I made three years ago.

Should I use the Friend Invitation System, can someone invite me.

My SEGA ID is mason607 on ship 02.

I was able to log in using a SEGA ID I made three years ago.

Should I use the Friend Invitation System, can someone invite me.

My SEGA ID is mason607 on ship 02.

Friend invites are purely initiated on your end, using someone else's user number. You have to have it done before you make your first character; if you've already started playing on Ship02 then you can't do it anymore. The information in the first post (including a list of user numbers, including mine) should still be valid.

Maligna

Banned
Finally got this working and played for the very first time. It was amazing.

The fact that it will never come here officially makes me want to cry.

Even if it came here I'd still play on JP servers.
Too much time invested in buying all my costumes stuff.

Also does anyone know what attack interval means from "Rapid Shoot" (on the Braver Tree). Contemplating if Attack Advance is better than putting more points into this.

ShinMaruku

I'd go to the western servers if we got the current set of content. Whatever I got on this can easily be gotten again. Anything to be rid of some of the usual suspects. :p

Even if it came here I'd still play on JP servers.
Too much time invested in buying all my costumes stuff.

Also does anyone know what attack interval means from "Rapid Shoot" (on the Braver Tree). Contemplating if Attack Advance is better than putting more points into this.

IIRC; Attack interval refers to the time between normal attacks for the bow/the speed of normal attacks. As far as Rapid Shoot itself goes, it's best used for the actual damage modifier's that it offers. The Rapid Shoot and Rapid Shoot Mastery attack modifiers actually boost all damage at that, even tech damage, so they're the ones to cap. But Rapid Shoot Advance is not all that worthwhile. Rapid Shoot Up 1 & 2 are ok too if you're using r-atk alot. Basically, Rapid shoot is all about doing tons of damage. Usually via banish arrow + various PAs or techs.

Attack advance is ok too but it actually helps out wands more than anything else, funnily enough.

Maligna

Banned
How come I can't delete one of my two characters? I want to make a new one. Can't understand the message that's popping up.

Reminder that if you buy a character. You buy a character, not a slot.

Thus deleting an extra character that you payed for basically means loss of money, no new character, do not pass go do not collect meseta.

ezodagrom

Reminder that if you buy a character. You buy a character, not a slot.

Thus deleting an extra character that you payed for basically means loss of money, no new character, do not pass go do not collect meseta.
Only applies to someone that has more than 2 characters, the first 2 character slots are free and as long as that player doesn't have more than 2 characters, it's free to remake.
Once a player has more than 2 characters, if one is deleted, it has to be rebought.

How do timed abilities work?

Want some lucky drop for Riripa UQ but I don't understand how to use it even after reading Cirno/bumped.

Keep rolling attack instead of Lucky Drop, am I doing something wrong?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
is it possible to play pso2 on the windows technical preview? its killing me that it only works for a few minutes

How do timed abilities work?

Want some lucky drop for Riripa UQ but I don't understand how to use it even after reading Cirno/bumped.

Keep rolling attack instead of Lucky Drop, am I doing something wrong?

Sorry, this is a bit late, just noticed, but I'll try to answer it incase you still don't need it.

For timed abilities, it's really just RNG / Luck. Each day has a specific ability that has a better chance of getting affixed then anything else. So since you're aiming for Lucky Drop, which I believe is the rare drop rate increase, you need to try on the 5th and 20th of each month. Those two days have the best chance to affix that ability.

Even then, it's still random however. In my experience around 3-4 tries should be enough. Course the CD is like 6+ hours.. so you want to do it as soon as the servers switch the new crafting dailies. Which I can tell you for US time it's 9pm pst and 12am est. So the number of crafting slots you have open will help out with this. Same with any full charges you may have laying around.

Outside of that, I'd maybe search out for crafters who have it on their data-drives until you can add it for yourself.

Top Bottom