• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How often is the English patch updated? There is loads of items in the game not translated.
Items and skills are server side, so they won't be translated at all. Rest of the stuff is in the files.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
OK thanks. Hmm not sure I want to trawl pages to translate items and skills.
To be honest I don't read item/skill names 99% of the time even though I know Japanese. Some really weird made up Katakana words are not the thing I love the most.
Skills have their icons and you'll learn their effects really fast. Only times when you actually need to know weapon names is searching for them in Player Shops or when something rare drops, but you'd have to use Wiki to check the stats either way, right?
Point is, you don't need to know Jp to check how strong the item is.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
OK thanks. Hmm not sure I want to trawl pages to translate items and skills.
For item names you can use ctrl+c in game to copy the name and then just ctrl+f/ctrl+v on http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/ to look it up.

For the tech disk they each have an icon that ties them to their element and you only need to memorize the first few characters to figure out if it's a gi/ra/sa type disk.

man..

This patcher is really slow..

Looking forward to diving back in... I was never able to get in touch with anyone on the Team before.

Midou

To be honest I don't read item/skill names 99% of the time even though I know Japanese. Some really weird made up Katakana words are not the thing I love the most.
Skills have their icons and you'll learn their effects really fast. Only times when you actually need to know weapon names is searching for them in Player Shops or when something rare drops, but you'd have to use Wiki to check the stats either way, right?
Point is, you don't need to know Jp to check how strong the item is.

Yeah, for basic healing items and such you can tell them from their icons, and you can keep those in your item pallet anyways. Weapons, armors, etc, the game essentially compares constantly for you, and when you choose a weapon or armor slot, it shows you the difference and the stats ARE translated so it's really easy to compare.

As is, the only thing a little 'difficult' to understand in the game is the story, and in the last couple PSP ones I played, I skipped the story cutscenes even in english. PSO2 started getting story translations, but I still skip them, because I don't really care.

Cirnopedia is helpful to do really quick checks anyways, I usually have it open while playing, and if I want to search for a specific item or something in the AH it's easy to copy paste.

Blueblur1

For item names you can use ctrl+c in game to copy the name and then just ctrl+f/ctrl+v on http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/ to look it up.

For the tech disk they each have an icon that ties them to their element and you only need to memorize the first few characters to figure out if it's a gi/ra/sa type disk.

Is there a specific window that allows you to copy the item names? I've never been able to do it. :/

Midou

Is there a specific window that allows you to copy the item names? I've never been able to do it. :/

If you go to your items menu, simply highlight the item you want, and hit CTRL+C, a message pops up at the bottom saying it has been copied to the clip board.

Speaking of which, I got something from a fun scratch, called ブラックアリエスホーン though it is not on Cirnopedia, it's a blue card looking image with a rarity of 5, anyone got any ideas? :p

Wonko_C

If you go to your items menu, simply highlight the item you want, and hit CTRL+C, a message pops up at the bottom saying it has been copied to the clip board.

Speaking of which, I got something from a fun scratch, called ブラックアリエスホーン though it is not on Cirnopedia, it's a blue card looking image with a rarity of 5, anyone got any ideas? :p

If my romanization skills are correct, it reads: Black Aries Horn, no idea what it is, though.

Killthee

If my romanization skills are correct, it reads: Black Aries Horn, no idea what it is, though.
1nFHemT.png

http://pso2wiki.net/ブラックアリエスホーン

I'm trying to register a pso2 account. If I post the captcha, could someone tell me what the letters are? And how quickly do I have to do it before it times out?

I saw Keii already posted it, but for new users, you can use this chrome extension, wich provides a keyboard for those captchas.

Should be added at OP?

For FUN scratch tickets, Google images is your friend :p

Midou

Yeah I can read Kanas, but I wasn't able to space it out well. :p

The horns look okay, I never got anything but grinds and stuff prior to this..

DJIzana

God... I really hope someone posts a link to that symphony concert they held for PSO. The music is SO freaking amazing. The tracklist they have for it too is just so perfect...

Bear? Do you have any HP gear?

I don't know, but it wasn't a true one-shot. He was just doing so little damage that I didn't bother to heal, and then suddenly he hit me for 250.

Just checked, don't have an invite from you... I think you need to send it when both people are online.

It sent fine, but yours and 22's mysteriously disappeared.

I added you weeks ago!!

Am I on your friends list? You're not on mine. :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It sent fine, but yours and 22's mysteriously disappeared.
If you have invited a lot of people at once, that might be a reason as well, since there's a limit to unanswered invites, but you say they sent fine...

Leave your username here, I'll invite you later today.

Edit:
For everyone wondering about the skill tree reset in the April 10th patch - the tree reset item is supposed to reset all skill trees of your character.

Jonnyram

Might go back to this if I ever beat all the stuff in Soul Sacrifice :)
I like the online aspect of this, but noone I know was ever playing. I guess there's just too much other stuff on Vita ;)

Raxious

Ok, created a new account and now updating the game. So I can just copy paste one of the ID's here to use the Friend Invite system? Also, anyone interested in it?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, created a new account and now updating the game. So I can just copy paste one of the ID's here to use the Friend Invite system? Also, anyone interested in it?
I'm interested. Shout here when you log in, I'll invite you to the team if I'm online.

Blueblur1

Thank you for this!

In other news, last night I wasted an hour trying to complete the Naberius Time Attack quest by myself. I guess I won't be trying that again. >_<

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thank you for this!

In other news, last night I wasted an hour trying to complete the Naberius Time Attack quest by myself. I guess I won't be trying that again. >_<
It's really easy if you know the shortcuts, like the one for going straight for the Rock Bear in the area where you fight him or skipping the Mamooth. Best to check a YT walkthrough.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I really want to play this but I'll probably wait for the USA release. Looks like a lot of fun.

I hope we get all of the extras like the Miku costume as well in the west.

Blueblur1

It's really easy if you know the shortcuts, like the one for going straight for the Rock Bear in the area where you fight him or skipping the Mamooth. Best to check a YT walkthrough.

There are shortcuts?! I killed every single enemy and died at Mamooth. D:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah, there's quite a lot of shortcuts in TAs.

What's wrong with it? I fixed the question marks, which popped in editing, but that's all I found.

Because SEGA things that being able to change your class at will between quests just isn&#8217;t enough (and they want people to level up more classes), a subclass system was introduced. After completing a certain client order on level 20, it&#8217;s possible to set up any class as a &#8220;subclass&#8221;, receiving 20% of its statistics, all passive and active skills. There&#8217;s a catch though - if an active skill requires a certain class-specific weapon, you will need a class-free weapon to use it.
Example:
If you set Ranger as your subclass and Hunter is your main class, you will have to equip (for example) the Bouquet Rifle, which all classes can use in order to activate/use Weak Bullet.

I'm guessing "because SEGA" might be a meme?

BECAUSE SEGA, being able to change your class between quests just wasn't wasn't enough (and because they want people to level up a variety of classes), SEGA introduced a subclass system. After completing a certain client order at level 20, it&#8217;s possible to set up any class as a &#8220;subclass&#8221;. Subclasses gives benefits such as receiving 20% of the classe's statistics and all passive and active skills of the class. There&#8217;s a catch though - if an active skill requires a certain class-specific weapon, you will need a class-free weapon to use it.

Example:
If you set Hunter as your main class and Ranger as your subclass, to use a ranger skill like weak bullet, you have to equip a gun that is class-free like The Bouquet Rifle.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm guessing "because SEGA" might be a meme?

BECAUSE SEGA, being able to change your class between quests just wasn't wasn't enough (and because they want people to level up a variety of classes), SEGA introduced a subclass system. After completing a certain client order at level 20, it’s possible to set up any class as a “subclass”. Subclasses gives benefits such as receiving 20% of the classe's statistics and all passive and active skills of the class. There’s a catch though - if an active skill requires a certain class-specific weapon, you will need a class-free weapon to use it.

Example:
If you set Hunter as your main class and Ranger as your subclass, to use a ranger skill like weak bullet, you have to equip a gun that is class-free like The Bouquet Rifle.
Thanks, fixed. Sadly, it isn't a meme.

wrowa

Why is every link in the OP referring me through some viglink.com page? What the heck is that?

Edit: Okay, apparently every link on NeoGAF now goes through that... Ehmkay.

Killthee

Why is every link in the OP referring me through some viglink.com page? What the heck is that?

Edit: Okay, apparently every link on NeoGAF now goes through that... Ehmkay.
Sounds like something on your end. I'm not seeing the same thing.

Happy day!

Happy day on wich our glorious father has returned!

Happy day on wich the apocalipsis sun has risen and banished Keiician night forever!

Happy day on wich our brave gaffers have come home to claim their team bush!

Happy day!

Joined a team of the weekend (not just my brother and myself). Makes the game way more enjoyable I'd say.

Ran my first TACO and it was VH. I didn't know about the client orders...

:(

Don't worry. You have to unlock TACO's running them first. Without CO's available, obviously.

alright, thanks for giving some credit lol

it did seem like i could run the first, then leave and get the pop-up, then the orders, then start over...

correct?

either way, i ordered 2000 AC from the team leader on Friday night and it hasn't gone through yet. He said he put in an order in for like 6000 AC so it could take a while.

This game has only dropped me 1 S-rank weapon in 300 hours. I really do think it hates me. I'd like to offset this by having a store

Reknoc

ahhh hmm man, think I need to try and remember how to I got AC last time, want a Bakuma
and wet towel >_>

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Happy day!

Happy day on wich the apocalipsis sun has risen and banished Keiician night forever!

Happy day!
Damn, I forgot to check our room before logging out yesterday. ><

Blueblur1

Yeah, there's quite a lot of shortcuts in TAs.

I just watched this video. Holy hell, its more complicated than I remember. And I totally jumped into the north De Malmoth arena in the Tundra area. :p

I'm gonna need someone to run me through it when I have more time (provided there are teammates are online).

DJIzana

Happy day!

Happy day!

Is it weird that I'm the only guy character in this pic? LoL.

I thought I could make more than one character without being a premium member otherwise I'd mess around more. I guess not... ='(

Top Bottom