• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Blueblur1

Question for the Japanese speakers: I've always wanted to learn the language (took 2 courses in high school but they were super simple). What would be a recommended route to learn the language?

Quoting myself since this came in late last page and not sure if everyone noticed, and Keii still hasn't corrected the regular maintenance times in the OP =p (Silly Daylight Saving Time...)

Quick heads up that this week's maintenance has been pushed back at least an hour due to PSN scheduled maintenance. This means maintenance should occur starting at 11 PM EDT tomorrow and ending around 5 AM EDT.

Normal maintenance time is 10 PM EDT to 4 AM EDT - this should be corrected in the OP.

I'm being told the pre-updater will be active starting tonight as well, to preload 1.4GB in patches. It will come in two parts, the second part coming Thursday.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Quoting myself since this came in late last page and not sure if everyone noticed, and Keii still hasn't corrected the regular maintenance times in the OP =p (Silly Daylight Saving Time...)

I'm being told the pre-updater will be active starting tonight as well, to preload 1.4GB in patches. It will come in two parts, the second part coming Thursday.
Sorry, totally missed that post. Fixed.

kiryogi

Banned
お友達がいるシップ:Ship02:ウル
お友達のプレイヤーID:10101573

Char/ID name: きょり

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
お友達がいるシップ:Ship02:ウル
お友達のプレイヤーID:10101573

Char/ID name: きょり
Added your ID to the op.

Wow, this onsen team room is awesome:
iPSo4zmNlQBxw.png

ibxgmcusQQOvxE.png

In regards to the two patches linked in the OP, do you just fully patch the game then extract both patches and overwrite stuff in the main game folder?

I can't find any indication at all that both the patches are designed to work together.

In regards to the two patches linked in the OP, do you just fully patch the game then extract both patches and overwrite stuff in the main game folder?

I can't find any indication at all that both the patches are designed to work together.

If you are talking about the English patch, after you install PSO2, then update the game through sega, you would download the latest English patch and copy/relace the files in that downloaded folder over the existing ones.

You'd have to do this every time theres an update.

If you are talking about the English patch, after you install PSO2, then update the game through sega, you would download the latest English patch and copy/relace the files in that downloaded folder over the existing ones.

You'd have to do this every time theres an update.
What I meant was, after I've updated the client through SEGA, am I okay to apply BOTH of the English patches that are mentioned in the OP?

Everything I've seen around the Internet indicates that using both of those patches are the same time will break the client... Can you confirm whether this is the case or not?

What I meant was, after I've updated the client through SEGA, am I okay to apply BOTH of the English patches that are mentioned in the OP?

Everything I've seen around the Internet indicates that using both of those patches are the same time will break the client... Can you confirm whether this is the case or not?

I always just patch with the main file, not the extra one. I would assume you'd patch that other (big file maybe) at the same time.

My process for applying the main patch is always after everything has finished downloading

Ah, can anyone verify whether the arks-layer patch works in conjunction with the UI patch? Downloaded it all and I'd love to know the story, but not if it's going to break the game.

Adamm

Ah, can anyone verify whether the arks-layer patch works in conjunction with the UI patch? Downloaded it all and I'd love to know the story, but not if it's going to break the game.

Is that the two patches in the OP? If so then i installed them both & the game seems to be working fine.

Quick question - I got excited & stormed into the game without using the Friend invite thing, have i missed my chance? If I delete my character & recreate one can i use it then?

Hey what's this ID thingy? Is it another new way to find some to add? If so, where do I find this code?
Also, nice to see second thread. Hopefully we can get some new blood onto the game.

YagizY

Just installed the game and patches but still having difficulty figuring everything out. Are most people playing this game with controller or keyboard?

Just installed the game and patches but still having difficulty figuring everything out. Are most people playing this game with controller or keyboard?

I play with a PS3 controller and motion joy. There are a few people on my team that use keyboard.

I would like keyboard (and do sometimes) for activating skills on the fly in that middle menu area (assinged to 1-9 i believe) but i don't have my computer set up at a desk (floor) so its not always convenient.

I can't imagine playing with a keyboard and mouse tbh

Is that the two patches in the OP? If so then i installed them both & the game seems to be working fine.

Quick question - I got excited & stormed into the game without using the Friend invite thing, have i missed my chance? If I delete my character & recreate one can i use it then?

No, you have to do it before you create your first character. Already too late for that account.

Strictly keyboard and mouse here. Definitely need it for quick access to techs and it just feels awkward not having double-tap perform a dash if I'm playing on a controller/Vita.

YagizY

No, you have to do it before you create your first character. Already too late for that account.

Strictly keyboard and mouse here. Definitely need it for quick access to techs and it just feels awkward not having double-tap perform a dash if I'm playing on a controller/Vita.

Wait what do I put in the invite code box? Do I make up my own number? What do you mean too late for that account? As in I have to make a new Sega ID for it to work? Or can I just make a new character?

What happens if I didnt put anything in that box? Sorry for all the questions just super confused.

[EDIT: Never mind, read more, ignore me.]

Wait what do I put in the invite code box? Do I make up my own number? What do you mean too late for that account? As in I have to make a new Sega ID for it to work? Or can I just make a new character?

What happens if I didnt put anything in that box? Sorry for all the questions just super confused.

When you get to the friend invitation portion, you are put a friends number into the box. It will give you rewards like every 10 levels.

Midou

I setup my controls on PS3 controller to be like Dark Souls but with the game's specific needs too.

L2 Zoom Radar R2 PA attack
L1 Guard R1 Normal Attack
Dpad up/down - Swap weapon pallets
Dpad left/right - scroll through items
Left analog movement, right analog camera (of course)
Triangle - interact/pickup.
O - Dodge
X - Jump
Square - Use highlighted item.

Overall works pretty good, and even if I take breaks from PSO2 on occasion, I always play some dark souls once in a while, so I can always pick it up again instantly. :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Player name is blacksalad and I'm on ship 2, can I join the fun?
Sure, try whispering to people on the list. I can invite you myself when I come back from work, maybe someone is online now. I can invite you myself around 11PM this evening (8:40AM here atm).

Everyone else is welcome to the team as well, but I really hope that the situation from the beginning of the open beta won't repeat itself. We've got a flood of Gaffers wanting to join the team and 80% of them stopped playing after the first day (including Wario64, lol), with the lack of English patch being the main reason. I'll have to do an inactive player purge soon, it seems.

There's no way to check when was the last time someone logged in, right?

Edit:
astronautcowboy, finally accepted your friend invite.
So close to the title for having 100 friends!

Any day now for my Vita card version to arrive.. has been 3 weeks since shipping :(

Just with this friend invite system, when i use someone's ID can i get right into the game afterwards or do i have to wait for them to come online and acknowledge or something?

Any day now for my Vita card version to arrive.. has been 3 weeks since shipping :(

Just with this friend invite system, when i use someone's ID can i get right into the game afterwards or do i have to wait for them to come online and acknowledge or something?

All you need is to have entered their user ID before creating your first character - nothing further is needed. Both you and the person you referred should receive mail in-game confirming the link is established.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Okay it finally worked! Much thanks :)

I'm not entirely sure what i was doing wrong to cause the error. Maybe a C/Ping left an unnoticed space

All you need is to have entered their user ID before creating your first character - nothing further is needed. Both you and the person you referred should receive mail in-game confirming the link is established.

Thanks :) Just checked the mailbox and .... no PSO2, but DOA5+ did arrive so i guess that's something to hold me over!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Another big patch predownload incoming, this time for the April 10th patch:
April 3rd, 656MB @ 12:00 JST (5:00 CET)
April 5th, 862MB @ 15:00 JST (8:00 CET)
If someone is feeling like changing this for US timezones, feel free to do so.

Raxious

Question for the Japanese speakers: I've always wanted to learn the language (took 2 courses in high school but they were super simple). What would be a recommended route to learn the language?

I've always heard that 'Japanese for bussy people' is good to start with. That's what I'm planning to use this summer.

I saw Keii already posted it, but for new users, you can use this chrome extension, wich provides a keyboard for those captchas.

Should be added at OP?

For FUN scratch tickets, Google images is your friend :p

This Chrome extension saved me a lot of time with the captchas, and I noticed it wasnt added to the OT, so I thought, i'll quote it ^^'

If I had to start over, on my own, knowing what I know now, I'd go with Genki 1 and 2 and compliment it with intensive kanji learning (Heisig method, maybe).

The TA quests themselves are pretty fun once you figure them out. Each of them have a few secrets that will cut out a lot of time once you learn them.

I've reached the point where I could solo all the TACOs (N, H, & VH) within an hour, though a full party makes things a lot less stressful. Also you get a ton of money for doing them on a daily basis.

The TA quests themselves are pretty fun once you figure them out. Each of them have a few secrets that will cut out a lot of time once you learn them.

I've reached the point where I could solo all the TACOs (N, H, & VH) within an hour, though a full party makes things a lot less stressful. Also you get a ton of money for doing them on a daily basis.

I think my limit is once per day. These people were doing marathons of going through all three, back to back to back.

Anyone know if forces get a free reset today?

Ramune

I recently bought prepaid webmoney through CN-USA.com. Went to PSO2's AC site, so I can enter the code, but there's a registration page I have to fill out first. Any help with plugging in an legit address? I'll most likely change my PSN info with this too as the address there is beyond fake, but have had it for a long while now.

My Premium set expires sometime today. If I don't renew it right away, what becomes of the stuff in premium storage? And what about my room, will I have to set it up all over again?

i had a captcha the other day that used "\" and a number

tricky tricky

Had nothing but hiragana on my end. Weird.

Yeah it had expired.

XipoWwE.jpg

Got this one now, but I'll post my error message if it doesn't work. Might have messed something else up.

たけえとむ
Try that

Deband

Yeah it had expired.

XipoWwE.jpg

Got this one now, but I'll post my error message if it doesn't work. Might have messed something else up.

Top Bottom