• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT3| PS4 ways to play

ezodagrom

It's probably very old news, but I didn't know that Big Vardha can just pop randomly during quests.
It happened to me for the first time yesterday and I think it looks pretty awesome.
Only a few specific locations, like, a very rare to happen desert free field small area 2, on some seasonal EQs (mostly halloween), and that darker's den featured quest you linked.
Can't remember other situations, if there's others.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Only a few specific locations, like, a very rare to happen desert free field small area 2, on some seasonal EQs (mostly halloween), and that darker's den featured quest you linked.
Can't remember other situations, if there's others.
Makes sense, since you can be hit off it and you need some space around it to get back up.

Edit:
Something I noticed in a PSO2 thread on another site - do people really find the new VR base defense difficult?
I did it only twice so far with one loss, but the win felt real easy - it felt like everyone knew what they are doing. Given that I experienced my share of failures in previous base defense quests I don't really see the difference.

Reishiki

Banned
Makes sense, since you can be hit off it and you need some space around it to get back up.

Edit:
Something I noticed in a PSO2 thread on another site - do people really find the new VR base defense difficult?
I did it only twice so far with one loss, but the win felt real easy - it felt like everyone knew what they are doing. Given that I experienced my share of failures in previous base defense quests I don't really see the difference.

I just think people aren't used to non-Darkers in a tower defence scenario. Also, I'm still not sure how random some of the spawns are.

OMG Aero

Edit:
I haven't had chance to play the new VR version yet, but the Necky version it's based on was kinda difficult because of the VR walls which can take a while to take down if someone hasn't put a weak bullet on it, the AIS Exodas which can spawn all over the map (and if there are still VR walls around when they spawn then if someone wasn't in their spawning area you probably won't be able to kill them before they fire their laser), and if your group isn't organised/good enough to kill Zeta Guranz within the time limit it will one hit kill a tower.
I'd still say Demise (the one with Apprentice) is the Mining Base I've had the most failures on, but after that I've had way more failures on the Necky EQ than any of the other Mining Bases.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The Necky EQ must have happened during the period when I wasn't playing at all, since I don't think I've ever seen it.

ezodagrom

Probably people that are stuck to the awful (ship 2) XH blocks (people that don't have access to expert blocks) or had bad luck with mpas.

I only had time for one attempt, mostly under-equiped mpa where I was getting mostly top spots, lost right at the end. ^^;

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Looks like people on Ship 1 got much better at the new VR EQ. 4 runs today all went quite smooth. I like it quite a bit - 2+ million xp is nothing to sneeze at and I think I already got 2-3 13★ weapons from it.

The sad part is that because grinding weapons to +32 (33?) is the way to go, a single drop of a weapon feels... worthless? Since they're so rare, I feel like I'm never going to get more anyway, so I just put them in my storage and forget about them.

As for leveling, I got from 76 to 78 today. With a 50% daily boost, 75% xp boost, 20k meseta drink, 100% triboost, and the boost from partying with 3 randoms, getting those 9 million xp takes about 1,5-2 hours of the recommended leveling run. Much faster than I expected after seeing the numbers for required experience. Doing 2 classes (Hu/Fi in my case) shouldn't be a problem. I'm only 340 2017 badges short of having 6 Katanas, so I'll probably try doing Braver next if I feel like it.

ezodagrom

The sad part is that because grinding weapons to +32 (33?) is the way to go, a single drop of a weapon feels... worthless? Since they're so rare, I feel like I'm never going to get more anyway, so I just put them in my storage and forget about them.
Dropped weapons can come with relatively high element %, so usually you'd need a total of 2 of them with the same element to get 60 element (same element since when the elements match, the result from grinding is the sum of both, the end result in this case would be +31).
Dropped weapons also can come with an higher max grind by default too (at least when using the expensive untekk), which means they can reach an higher grind value above 30 without the need of copies of itself.

+32 is recommended for collection files since they come at 20 element (20 + 20 + 20 = 60 element).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It took me a bit longer than I expected because of other games coming out, but I managed to hit my first level 80 yesterday:
C8GNRcuVMAEgntg.jpg
Decided to go with Hunter first, since it's my go to subclass thanks to Iron Will.

Fighter will be next - I got lucky with keys and it's already 76.

PSO2 SEA has announced their service is ending on May 26. The original JP server will be the only service remaining.

SEA was horribly behind on content (apparently only released up to the end of episode 2), so this is not a huge loss. It might mean the lifting of the IP block for the SEA region on the JP server though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
PSO2 SEA has announced their service is ending on May 26. The original JP server will be the only service remaining.

SEA was horribly behind on content (apparently only released up to the end of episode 2), so this is not a huge loss. It might mean the lifting of the IP block for the SEA region on the JP server though.
Bummer for people who invested money in that version, but if it was really so bad, I hope this really means that the SEA IP ban in the JP version is going to be removed.

Finally finished the last chapter in the story both in PSO2 and PSO2es.

As for the former, I guess it had some high notes. Not really looking forward to the last raid boss, since the story one definitely felt like less of a threat than Mother.
Most of the story was bad, but I feel it became a bit better near the end.
I still hope that we'll never see those characters again and episode 5 takes us to space. No anime tie-in this time, please.

As for PSO2es, I didn't get into the story at all, but one thing I can say is that the last boss was much harder than anything before it. Wow.

ezodagrom

I still hope that we'll never see those characters again and episode 5 takes us to space. No anime tie-in this time, please.
There's still Ep 4 epilogue fight against Phaleg left, and after that:
Episode 5 Announced

Coming Summer 2017!
A Story of Resurrection and a New World!
“Reincarnation”

Synonyms for resurrection include, “Revival, Rebirth, or Come-Back,” so you’ll have to decide which of these words could be used in its place.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-6-recap/

Seijuro

Sorry for beating this dead horse, but I guess chances of a localization are getting slimmer by the day?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's still Ep 4 epilogue fight against Phaleg left, and after that:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-6-recap/
Yeah, I read that article, but this part:
This is basically Episode 4's Gaiden.
They believe 5% of players will finish the battle.
means that I have 0 chances of finishing it. Not really interested in gaidens, too.

As for the episode's 5 theme, it might mean anything. :p
Sorry for beating this dead horse, but I guess chances of a localization are getting slimmer by the day?
Yeah, probably never going to happen at this point.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Getting my second class (Fighter) to 80 took a while, since I was mostly doing daily quests for keys, but here it is.
In the process I got the Rappy Fever bonus key twice and it's pretty great. Can be hard to clear in the time limit, if your dps isn't high enough, I feel.

I guess Braver should be my next one, but I still need 2 Katanas (going for the ones from Badges 2017) and ~5 excubes. Definitely not in a rush, since I use Hu and Fi 90% of the time.

I just came back to the game 2 days ago. Playing Bouncer, lvl 75 (Hunter subclass lvl 66), 11 Bouncer Excubes so far, primarily use Dual Blades, and still on the 12* weapon I got from a collection file drop (not the actual reward). Skimmed though the past few months of posts and it seems like element is REALLY important, bleh. I know next to nothing about upgrading weapon elements either (or how upgrading 13* weapons changes from upgrading 10*-12* weapons), just that element upgrade needs same weapon with same element. I'm not too confident that I'll have a good element weapon anytime soon though because I have yet to even touch a 13* weapon. So far I've just been using what the game gives to me since I didn't play as much before, but I do want to start playing more now. Although, I am fairly close to the Aura collection file if I grind out the Sanctum Featured Quest and get EQ's that spawn more Falz Angels. Could someone point me in a direction I should go? Playing this game without a guide definitely has made things harder for me than it should be.

Current 12* weapon

Collection file

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just came back to the game 2 days ago. Playing Bouncer, lvl 75 (Hunter subclass lvl 66), 11 Bouncer Excubes so far, primarily use Dual Blades, and still on the 12* weapon I got from a collection file drop (not the actual reward). Skimmed though the past few months of posts and it seems like element is REALLY important, bleh. I know next to nothing about upgrading weapons either, just that you have to combine weapons together for them, and that element upgrade needs same weapon with same element. I'm not too confident that I'll have a good element weapon anytime soon though because I have yet to even touch a 13* weapon. So far I've just been using what the game gives to me since I didn't play as much before, but I do want to start playing more now. Although, I am fairly close to the Aura collection file if I grind out the Sanctum Featured Quest and get EQ's that spawn more Falz Angels. Could someone point me in a direction I should go? Playing this game without a guide definitely has made things harder for me than it should be.

Current 12* weapon

Collection file
If you want to unlock the lv 80 cap, don't worry about the element. To grind weapon to +35, you will have to get 6 of them anyway and you only need 3 to get to element 60 (if we're talking collection file).

You can check out this NT grinding guide to understand the process.

This is what I did about a month ago:
Yesterday I played around with the grinding the Mother sword and got it to +17 so far.
I'm following the Japanese guide linked in the previous post. To be honest I mostly skimmed it, but if I got the details correctly, this is the way that uses the least Lambda grinders etc.

■Preparing fodder (NT☆12 weapons, should have Embrace before being used)
①+26
②+30,+15
③+30, +24

■Upgrading ☆13 weapon
④Upgrading to +10 (Use fodder ①)
⑤Upgrading to +20 (Use fodder ②)
⑥Upgrading to +30 (Use fodder ③)
⑦Upgrade to +32~35 using the same name weapons

I feel like this is pretty easy to follow, doesn't take that much money and you only use 5 lambda grinders for steps 4-6.
It was my first attempt of grinding a 13 star NT weapon and since then I got 2 to +35 (one for Hu and one for Fi) and am currently working on one for Braver (still need 2 copies of the weapon from the 2017 badge exchange shop).

If you want to unlock the lv 80 cap, don't worry about the element. To grind weapon to +35, you will have to get 6 of them anyway and you only need 3 to get to element 60 (if we're talking collection file).

You can check out this NT grinding guide to understand the process.

This is what I did about a month ago:

It was my first attempt of grinding a 13 star NT weapon and since then I got 2 to +35 (one for Hu and one for Fi) and am currently working on one for Braver (still need 2 copies of the weapon from the 2017 badge exchange shop).

So complete the same collection file 3 times for max element, and 6 times to be able to grind it to +35?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So complete the same collection file 3 times for max element, and 6 times to be able to grind it to +35?
From what I understand, yes. As mentioned in the thread before, if you get the weapon as a drop, not as a CF reward, the elemental value is higher (but it might be a different element).

Speak of the devil, got this from an EQ yesterday. Makes them my first 13* now

Also, I just saw someone with the Astra weapon but still at level 75, which is from the Falz Mother EQ/ Collection file and requires you to be on Extra Hard difficulty. Last I remember, you had to be level 80 for extra hard, correct? And it's even max element and +31

Asking because literally all I need from the Astra collection file is to kill level 80 Falz Mother and I can't because I'm only level 75 and would like to know if it's possible for me to somehow get this too then

OMG Aero

Also, I just saw someone with the Astra weapon but still at level 75, which is from the Falz Mother EQ/ Collection file and requires you to be on Extra Hard difficulty. Last I remember, you had to be level 80 for extra hard, correct? And it's even max element and +31

Asking because literally all I need from the Astra collection file is to kill level 80 Falz Mother and I can't because I'm only level 75 and would like to know if it's possible for me to somehow get this too then
The hardest difficulty for Esca Falz Mother has a level requirement of 75/75. After all, that collection file was added a good while before the level cap was increased to 80.

At the moment I don't think there's any quest that requires you to be level 80, they've announced that you'll need to be level 80 to refight Deus Esca after beating its EQ and I think that'll be the first level 80 only content.

The hardest difficulty for Esca Falz Mother has a level requirement of 75/75. After all, that collection file was added a good while before the level cap was increased to 80.

At the moment I don't think there's any quest that requires you to be level 80, they've announced that you'll need to be level 80 to refight Deus Esca after beating its EQ and I think that'll be the first level 80 only content.

Oh, really? I must have read wrong information, I thought you had to be 80 on main class for it. Welp guess it's time to grind my Hunter to 75 then

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Deus Esca boss battle was fun. I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that even if you clear 90% of it really fast, you can get screwed during the final phase, since it has a 5 minute time limit. I also took a ton of screenshots and made an album with the whole quest here.

Anyway, no good drops, but I switched all my collection files for Deus Esca weapons, since it's going to be around until November - shouldn't be hard to get 6 copies of one weapon for each class.

Ffor people who are just starting to grind weapons for unlocking lv 80 cap - remember that Talis works for both Force/Techer and Assault Rifle for Gunner and Ranger.

Reishiki

Banned
Yeah, that final DPS check is pretty brutal. We failed the first time and cleared it with around a minute spare on a second try.

OMG Aero

So since the boss fight against Phaleg was in this week's update, has anyone managed to clear it yet?
I've got to the second phase a few times as Fi/Hu by using the Fornis twin daggers for phase one because the twin dagger dodge is so good and because Phaleg having an ice weakness activates the Fornis twin dagger's heal whenever I deal damage potential, but then when I have to switch weapons for the second phase she just destroys me.

Even then, I only rarely get to the second phase and it's mostly dependant on how lucky I get with the Hunter "survive a killing blow with 1HP" skill activating.

mas8705

If I can figure out how to get this to work and where it is in a place where I can understand what's going on, I will be all over this. Honestly, I never did figure out why Sega didn't bother to try and bring PSO2 to the west, but I'll be sure to give this a try later on when I get some free time to see if I can get it working. Thanks for sharing.

ShinMaruku

It was zero from year one.
We may get the sequel to this, but not this. And to be fair I think they painted themselves into a corner with this game....

Top Bottom