• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT3| PS4 ways to play

Caim

Depends on if you have any friends playing already. Ship 2 is the unofficial english community ship, but even that has become a bit fractured over the years. I never played with the GAF crew, but they recently split to a few different ships around the time Episode 4 hit.

Oh okay thanks I'll probably go to Ship 2 then.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Any pictures? Or are the ones in the OP level 6?

I took a few landscape shots while I was doing a run in the ruins earlier, but it only shows off some of the improvements:

weNAPay.jpg

4I7Bc9h.jpg

Clothing, CAST parts and character skin have all gotten nice upgrades, too. Small little enhancements everywhere help stencil in the original, more sterile textures and assets and give the game a little more life.

trejo

This reminds me I haven't been able to play the PC version in like 7+ months because I lost my phone along with my secureOTP account thus rendering me unable to log into the game, lol. I kinda miss doing my weekly TACOs even if they were a pain in the ass sometimes.

Thanks for the OP compliments. This is my first OT so i'm glad it came out good!
If you're new and starting out give the Tips and FAQ sections a quick read. I tried to put a lot of helpful starter advice in there.

What are Star Gems for? I logged on and i had several star gem packs in my campaign rewards, apparently i have 27 of them now
Star Gems are part of a new mechanic that lets you expedite wait timers for things like crafting and Gathering. Thats all they're used for at the moment. Apparently they'll function like a slow AC type currency at some point.

Any pictures? Or are the ones in the OP level 6?
Pictures in the OP are all level 5 graphics. I'll update the OP later this evening with a few level 6 graphics pictures.

Question: it seems I can change classes all the time in this game? I guess I should choose a balanced race if I want to do that, then? (Human?). Or a more specific race if I want to be magic oriented, for example.
Race/Gender stat differences are negligible. Pick whatever Race/Gender you like best. If you want to know the stats more specifically check the OP where I talked with a little depth about what the differences are.

So this is the new place to be now eh?
Going to go check out the new hotness of level 6 graphics and see how god it looks. Not sure if I'll stick around so most people I play with are playing other stuff since we hit end game and were just collecting meseta

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Indeed good OP might buy the ps4 ver just because. Doubt I will have much time to play though as got a bunch of other titles to finish atm.
I was considering buying the physical Vita version, but paying 4k+ yen for the Rappy pet and a month of premium (don't care about the outfits and they probably won't sell for that much) for a game that I already have installed on all platforms is not an easy money waste to justify. :(

This reminds me I haven't been able to play the PC version in like 7+ months because I lost my phone along with my secureOTP account thus rendering me unable to log into the game, lol. I kinda miss doing my weekly TACOs even if they were a pain in the ass sometimes.
Grab the PS4 version if you can then, since OTP services don't link with it to my knowledge.

There was recently a switchup with TACOs where it became viable to just run Harukotan five times in a row for most of what you earned doing the entire gauntlet before. It's nice finishing it up in roughly 15 minutes per character.

Updated OP with some graphics 6 pictures.
This area looks really cool with the new graphics.
Do your Ep1-3 story missions people. They get really good after 3/4ths the way through Ep1 and have some unique content in it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do your Ep1-3 story missions people. They get really good after 3/4ths the way through Ep1 and have some unique content in it.
I personally found some later story missions to be the hardest/best made content in the game. I'm specifically talking about the first one which introduced mid-quest save points, because it was just so long.

Btw., Bumped uploaded a guide to the new grinding system.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I was considering buying the physical Vita version, but paying 4k+ yen for the Rappy pet and a month of premium (don't care about the outfits and they probably won't sell for that much) for a game that I already have installed on all platforms is not an easy money waste to justify. :(

For me its most likely just going to add another floor to the tower of babel which is sitting on my OG ps3 lol

Need to upgrade the ps4 hd first also as currently 500gb just does not cut it at all as ran out of stuff to uninstall. Should have upgraded when i had first got the replacement system. . .

Damn, for some reason I thought this was hitting on the 24th.
Shoulda been playing this last night instead of watching Justified....

I will be jumping on my account on ship 1 after work tonight. Looking forward to playing more and probably streaming some stuff.

Qvoth

i heard this is finally up on jp psn?
do you need ps+ to play?
played this when it was 1st released for a bit

Qvoth

eh fuck it i'll try this out
will probably just create a new character, my old one was like level 10 or 20ish only

Caim

eh fuck it i'll try this out
will probably just create a new character, my old one was like level 10 or 20ish only

There is a new user event going on right now where you get a ticket after tutorial that bumps you straight up to level 10.

Qvoth

i live in indonesia, and a reddit post mentions i will need vpn to play the japanese version because SEA has their own pso2?
so retarded :<
It's needed to play in the SEA service area because they have their own PSO2 that needs to be monetarily fed. That's why the Arks Layer has a proxy plugin.
guess i won't be playing

Windforce

There is a new user event going on right now where you get a ticket after tutorial that bumps you straight up to level 10.

Really? I finished the tutorial (I think? when I used a teleporter to town) but I was level 2 still. How do I use this ticket?

yeah can't access that site
oh well
not gonna bother with vpn for my ps4, too much trouble

Unless you're fluent in Japanese, you're likely going to have to use the tweaker, but that has a built in one that many SEA players have used to my knowledge.

Caim

Really? I finished the tutorial (I think? when I used a teleporter to town) but I was level 2 still. How do I use this ticket?

It was in my inventory I think if not then one of the machines will have it and there will be an option in the menu with a number in parentheses and it was one of the rewards. It will say something like 15000 exp ticket or something.

Windforce

It was in my inventory I think if not then one of the machines will have it and there will be an option in the menu with a number in parentheses and it was one of the rewards. It will say something like 15000 exp ticket or something.

Sweet. I'll try to look for it as soon as I can login again as my character.

I took a break after the Tutorial ended and closed the app. Now when I try to login the game is giving me an error message which says it needs to download more data before proceeding to play.

BTW, Google Translator on a cellphone is a GODSEND for those trying to play and cannot read Japanese. Just frame the japanese text, ask for translation to english and boom, chances are you'll understand something.

Qvoth

Unless you're fluent in Japanese, you're likely going to have to use the tweaker, but that has a built in one that many SEA players have used to my knowledge.

i'm not very fluent but i understand enough, i played the game on my pc without an english patch last time

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Surprising no one, the game is having an emergency maintenance starting in ~15 minutes (2PM JST). It's unknown when it'll end.

i'm not very fluent but i understand enough, i played the game on my pc without an english patch last time

I say just give the tweaker a shot, the built in proxy takes no time to set up and it's free according to my friend who has to use it cause his ISP is still being routed poorly.

Looks like I can access with no VPN, but man that capcha is a PITA.

Might give it a shot on PS4.

If you're still need help with it, or having issues with it. You can try the google drawing tool on the translate page. Can help out a good deal if no one is around to help you with it.

Qvoth

I say just give the tweaker a shot, the built in proxy takes no time to set up and it's free according to my friend who has to use it cause his ISP is still being routed poorly.

you mean to say the tweaker has a built in vpn? that's pretty cool
but i doubt i'll play this on my pc, didn't like playing with keyboard and mouse

Sophia

you mean to say the tweaker has a built in vpn? that's pretty cool
but i doubt i'll play this on my pc, didn't like playing with keyboard and mouse

Use a gamepad. The game has full gamepad support on PC too. Grab your Dualshock 4 and use DS4Windows J2K or InputMapper to make it register as a 360 controller.

Or do what I do and use the Steam Controller. :p

Chucker

If you're still need help with it, or having issues with it. You can try the google drawing tool on the translate page. Can help out a good deal if no one is around to help you with it.

I remembered my SEGA ID/Password. Didn't have to fool around with the capcha :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
No surprise there. Servers were awful earlier.
Yesterday when I got home a few hours after the end of the maintenance and tried playing I got kicked 3 times in succession. Fun times. It was smooth sailing later, but I'm glad they're doing this.
This makes me breathe easier. I was making a char and got hit with 249.
The rule of thumb is that as long as can access pso2.jp, you're fine.
too much of a hassle haha
If you have a 360 controller, it works out of the box. If you only have a DS4, I suggest installing DS4Windows and hiding the DS4 using the options. Takes about 10 minutes to set up.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I didn't realize it was F2p, I might well check it out on PS4/Vita.
If you can, check the PS4 version. While the Vita one is good for portability etc., the game itself looks pretty bad and has serious performance issues when there are multiple players/enemies on the screen.

Sophia

Yesterday when I got home a few hours after the end of the maintenance and tried playing I got kicked 3 times in succession. Fun times. It was smooth sailing later, but I'm glad they're doing this.

Was doing a Mining Base Defense earlier, and things were blatantly lagging for everyone. Crystals wouldn't be picked up immediately, enemies were hopping everywhere, and AISes took awhile to get spawned.

The game doesn't usually get that bad, so it was surprising.

OK. Wasn't exactly ready for the controls when I entered the Mining Defense while on my PS4.

It took me a few minutes to adjust my weapon palette since one of the trigger buttons alternate the attacks. Beforehand, it was just regular attacks all around, and I must have looked like a fool in front of my MPA. That didn't last long and I was able to get better.

EDIT: I also need to clean the clutter out from my [currently expired] premium storage.

Might have to start playing this on PS4 when I get my internet set back up. Can finally do some of the extra gatcha stuff a bit easier living on "the proper" side now haha.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
man kinda long wonder whats up. bet 2ch is freaking out over it lol
Completely not surprising though, given that they lunched a whole new platform. Bummer, but hopefully they'll fix most of the apparent broken stuff.

At least US users can try this out, unlike Dragon's Dogma which required a Proxy.

Will probably check it out. Those that have played both, which do you like better?

Top Bottom