• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 launches July 4th.

Was the release date known for the PC version at that time, though? I thought all versions of the game were for 2013, then suddenly they changed it for July 2012.

Nope, the announcements made then were solely for the mobile version of the game. The PC edition was still in testing at the time, but had the same "Summer 2012" launch window they had maintained.

As of now, it goes:

PC - July 4
iOS/Android - Q3/4 2012
Vita - Q1/2 2013

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I wanted to try the beta but I couldn't figure it out :(

Guess I'll stick with Vindictus until it gets translated.

reson8or

I'm PC illiterate; but am dying play this game, however only have an iMac ATM.

So 2 questions to those that are in the know:

1. Currently have a 2011 iMac would this run the game fairly smoothly in Bootcamp?
Specs:
2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache​
4GB Ram​
AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory​

2. If not, any suggestions as to what the most cost effective PSO2 centric PC I could buy/assemble would be most appreciated.

Jeff_Chen

Banned
I'm PC illiterate; but am dying play this game, however only have an iMac ATM.

So 2 questions to those that are in the know:

1. Currently have a 2011 iMac would this run the game fairly smoothly in Bootcamp?
Specs:
2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache​
4GB Ram​
AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory​

2. If not, any suggestions as to what the most cost effective PSO2 centric PC I could buy/assemble would be most appreciated.

I have a 2011 mac mini and I'm running this game with Parallels Desktop @720p, 2nd level of graphics and it's pretty playable. Expect much better performance on boot camp!

Edit:

In fact, I have two screens and PD takes up one in full screen, while the other screen still running all my browsing & chatting & email applications.

This game is pretty light at lower settings.

Veal

Man. I can't fucking wait for an english version! C'mon Sega! Doooo eeett!! I'm going to play it with this and never leave the house again. END MY LIFE SEGA.

I really want to play this. I remember playing the original years and years ago with someone... I never "got it" back then, but this seems too good to pass up.

Come on, Sega! English release date!

GhostSeed

Damn it! I promised myself I'd build a new computer to play this on when it got a release date. July is going to be one expensive month for me...

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I'm barely making in the open beta with my basic Japanese. Great to hear the final release is upon us! :D

Definitely looking forward to the North American release announcement. Hopefully, I can use my existing account [in NA].

I have a 2011 mac mini and I'm running this game with Parallels Desktop @720p, 2nd level of graphics and it's pretty playable. Expect much better performance on boot camp!

Edit:

In fact, I have two screens and PD takes up one in full screen, while the other screen still running all my browsing & chatting & email applications.

Same setup as well (with some movie watching to boot). If you can run Blizzard games, you can easily run this.

I wonder how bad the monetization will be. Either way looking forward to it coming over to the west.

My main concern is that trading/shops are a premium feature. Those are essentials in MMOs. We'll see how it affects the in-game market.

Coxy

My main concern is that trading/shops are a premium feature. Those are essentials in MMOs. We'll see how it affects the in-game market.

you can get tickets for both of these from the fun scratch, people who dont pay will just have to save up until they get these or buy them from other players

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I am terribly excited, so much so, that I even shed a tear... I can't wait!

reson8or

Edit:

Jeff, thanks so much for this, PSO is one of my favorite all time games, and I was a little heart broken to hear it only running on PC initially. On a side note, I can't believe MS is still charging ~200 bucks for W7 retail lol.

reson8or

I wonder how bad the monetization will be. Either way looking forward to it coming over to the west.

Really, so long as its not "pay to win" it will be fine. Initial reports seem to be that its mostly cosmetic stuff, extra character slots etc. Sounds promising.

Jeff_Chen

Banned
Jeff, thanks so much for this, PSO is one of my favorite all time games, and I was a little heart broken to hear it only running on PC initially. On a side note, I can't believe MS is still charging ~200 bucks for W7 retail lol.

You'll like this even more:

I attached my PS3 controller with motionjoy via bluetooth, and chose the Xbox 360 controller emulation mode, and the controler works flawlessly, without any need for configuration.

Moreover, you can make the game show PS controller button icons in the tips in the options, besides the Xbox 360 buttons and etc.

(If you are an Xbox 360 controller user, things can only be easier...)

And the experience? I could play this game all along with the controller, except when I have to enter the password or chat. I can move around like in any console game, aim easily in TPS mode for precision shots. It's just so comfortable.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Damn it! I promised myself I'd build a new computer to play this on when it got a release date. July is going to be one expensive month for me...

Build one so we can play.

impact

Banned
day one

in the US

on Vita

ioEht.gif

K.Sabot

PSO 1 and 2 had a weirdly compelling story that I really got into, so I hope that PSO2 doesn't ham on the dumb anime stuff too much and leaves that mystique that I loved.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Apparently you can pay to level up quicker, which is awful :/
Leveling is much faster than I expected it to be tbh. 100 hours to get Hunter to 30, Ranger to 22 and Force to 5.
Since there's an annoying "exp full" pop up when killing an enemy when you hit the cap, rushing to the "end" might not be such a good idea.

Also, the OT is up, so why not continue the discussion there. :)

Lan_97

PSO 1 and 2 had a weirdly compelling story that I really got into, so I hope that PSO2 doesn't ham on the dumb anime stuff too much and leaves that mystique that I loved.

Yup, PSO presented it's story perfectly. Interesting and there for you to discover if you choose.

Top Bottom