• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 - Open Beta |OT| No need to phantasize, IT'S HERE.

cireza

Banned
Well done Microsoft. You make all the efforts to get a nice game and ruin all the good you could get with your shitty tools you absolutely want to enforce.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
The fat guy on the the giant bombcast was actually complaining a couple of weeks ago that the microtransactions are pretty old school pay to win stuff. Maybe I misunderstood him.
Old school in the sense that things like your storage are more limited unless you pay to upgrade them
In a loot game, it kind of sucks; it's not necessary though, just means more management of your inventory

Ok so I keep getting "you cant play with content created by other players, change setting at xbox.com" errors when I launch. I checked my settings and I can't find where to adjust this. I have checked privacy, security etc

Can anyone help me out?
Ayyyeee sorry broski; didn't see this post as I just...played PSO2 all day yesterday >.>

I bet it's your Win10 build; you need to download a specific Win10 update for it to work IIUC
Win key + R > winver
You need 18362.0 or higher
Also, make sure you have the Xbox app and Xbox companion app installed on your PC; the multiplayer uses Xbox live as a back end, so friends lists and shit are tied to an Xbox Live account
Which I find heinously annoying

Komatsu

The Windows Store app and its corresponding Win10 background services are thrash. Trash. I've had to manually uninstall it - using regedit and some powershell comands - and re-install it multiple times as often Game Pass games would stop working, etc etc. Truly incomprehensible how MSFT could be sloppy.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
watching twitch streams here and there, looks playable

how's it going?
It's not bad; just like with JP some lagging when timed events pop up throughout the day

Plays a lot like the JP version; just need to get caught up to them content/patch wise, should be sometime within the year, they've said

English voice acting is fucking atrocious; use Japanese audio with subs

Item descriptions are a little generic, a big point of the game being that items of different names get flavor text, not just "This is a sword, it's used for melee," kind of stuff

They hired singers to redo the concert songs in English; yeah turn it to JP audio

If you liked the JP version, kind of the same amount/type of shennanigans in blocks as always

Wonko_C

The amount of stutter lag in the lobbies on this game is genuinely baffling
Isn't that due to the game loading all of the character models of the players that are in the same lobby? That has always been the case to me even back then when the JP version launched. The it subsides after a bit.

Last edited:

Hadoukie

Isn't that due to the game loading all of the character models of the players that are in the same lobby? That has always been the case to me even back then when the JP version launched. The it subsides after a bit.

Nah, it's an issue with the game launcher. Someone already created a hotfix for it, and removes all the lag.

LordKasual

Banned

It's always terrible, and never subsides for me.

Anytime the game has to load a player, it freezes for a frame or two.

They've already confirmed it to be a bug

For those interested, whatever outfit is handling the official PSO2 website posted an initial PC troubleshooting guide: Link.

Based on the guide, one of the errors is possibly from not having consistent sign-in information across three different Microsoft accounts, one of them being the Xbox Console Companion. This whole situation with the PC release seems like the consequence of SEGA's unwillingness to support its own title and instead allow Microsoft to use it as a bullet point to sell Xbox products. I'll likely be passing on the North American PC release, unless the whole process is streamlined or a non-MS Store version of the game is eventually offered.

I’m just starting out but I feel kinda lost. Seems like it should be pretty straightforward so maybe I’m just an idiot. Gonna read some beginner tips.

Im used to ESO which is pretty simple and not a lot of menus to navigate through

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I’m just starting out but I feel kinda lost. Seems like it should be pretty straightforward so maybe I’m just an idiot. Gonna read some beginner tips.
What ship ya on bud? I'm on 2; found a decent Alliance for now. Good group of guys, party up for the event quest and stuff. We like to help out da noobs

Some tips:
Really the only thing you can fuck up long term is your Mag
Make sure to build a pure Mel/Rng/Tec Mag and you'll be fine

Alfin + Cofy quests (Subclass and difficulty unlocks) > Basic class quests (2x +5 Class skill points) > Arks Missions
Unlock your subclass from Cofy ASAP
Talk to the title counter; you'll get a shit ton of items with all the titles you unlock. Next major patch they'll turn into stat buffs

The bingo card will come with play, this time; other bingo cards are more "Do very specific bull shit thing."

Read a class guide for sure

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
PSA: For those having issues with the MSFT Store, ARKS Layer released an update to their PSO2 Tweaker so that it can install PSO2 (US) directly from the MSFT servers.

Click here for more information.
Also this removes the language filter
Later on you'll also be able to install texture packs and stuff to increase the visuals of the game

Wonder how many people would be in a PSO2 community thread if I started one....

Wonko_C

Man discussion on the game is dead on this forum. Does nobody play? I have 900 hours since it came out and that's mostly solo. I only join parties with randoms for urgent quests. None of my friends play this game, LOL.

Last edited:
Man discussion on the game is dead on this forum. Does nobody play? I have 900 hours since it came out and that's mostly solo. I only join parties with randoms for urgent quests. None of my friends play this game, LOL.
I dunno why they won't localize the Switch version. I'd love to try it.

Mr.ODST

I Play, just bought myself a Series S so I can carry on playing while away for work :)

I started the game on PC but dunno if I can still link my account :(

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Waiting for New Genesis to jump in.

Top Bottom