• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Vita Import |OT| Save This World With Your Own Hands, For Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Trailer of this week's PSO2 update has quite a lot of Vita footage plus it finally shows the new boss - Chrome Dragon in action. I strongly suggest watching it, since it's really awesome.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
With zero hype and no one talks about it, I guess it flopped over there?

It's a gigantic success.

Tons of people are playing it. It's just because it's JP only that you probably never hear anything about it. There are tons of very successful JP online games that you probably have no idea even exist.

Trailer of this week's PSO2 update has quite a lot of Vita footage plus it finally shows the new boss - Chrome Dragon in action. I strongly suggest watching it, since it's really awesome.

Dying to play against Chrome Dragon, but I've still got plenty of content to catch up on. Only now just got to the desert.

Cha

To play, you will need at least an 8 GB memory card: 3.2 GB is needed for the game and 1.4 GB for extra data.

Wow! I'm guessing "extra data" isn't "optional data" then. Would have liked to have given this a shot if it could fit on my spare 4gig card. *sigh*

Is this coming stateside? I need some PSO in my life. Please Sega.

Just added this to the OP as you're at least the third person to ask:

Is this coming out internationally?

We don't know. Only the PC version was mentioned to be potentially coming internationally; absolutely nothing was said regarding the Vita version. However, as the Japanese servers have been online since Summer 2012 and receive new content roughly every two weeks, any theoretical international version is already doomed to be forever behind the Japanese servers in content, and no prior iteration of Phantasy Star Online/Universe has been handled well internationally.​

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
4J9aXov.png
YldBh6q.png

LOL.

I had a question hopefully an Importer could answer.

I don't want to switch to my Japanese PSN account if I import the actual cart version of the game. Is it possible I can still play online and install updates while being on my US PSN account? I have noticed that I can update US games from a Japanese PSN account using the Live button before loading a game. But obviously I cannot get PSN store stuff for the other region.

Anyone Import Ragnarok when it came out in Japan? Could you play online without using a Japanese PSN account? I know I can play US vita games and update them from my Japanese PSN account... as long as I have the physical cart. ( Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom works this way, just cant get PSN store DLC... )

I had a question hopefully an Importer could answer.

I don't want to switch to my Japanese PSN account if I import the actual cart version of the game. Is it possible I can still play online and install updates while being on my US PSN account? I have noticed that I can update US games from a Japanese PSN account using the Live button before loading a game. But obviously I cannot get PSN store stuff for the other region.

Anyone Import Ragnarok when it came out in Japan? Could you play online without using a Japanese PSN account? I know I can play US vita games and update them from my Japanese PSN account... as long as I have the physical cart. ( Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom works this way, just cant get PSN store DLC... )

I already talked about this last page:

This isn't something we're going to know until it actually comes out; the game establishes a link between your PSN account and SEGA ID to handle authentication to their servers and there's no way of knowing if this link can be made with non-Japanese accounts. Given I already have a Japanese PSN account and have over 900 hours in the game, I'm not sure I'm willing to risk my account testing this; connecting to the game from outside Japan is technically against the game's TOS.

RoyalFool

Banned
Does the physical edition actually come with the game on a card, or just redeem codes for the extra items? Tempted to get it to save memory card space but it sounds like it just has codes inside.

do you unlock them all at the same time and in a specific order?

Got my 16gb ready to go for the 28th. I hope it's not too hard to navigate these menus. This is what my 3 yr old must feel like when he's playing games.

Reformatted my NA Vita to JP last night. I'm ready. Also got to play the Gunhound EX demo as an added bonus. I'm seriously considering buying some Japan-only PSP games on here now, stuff like Gunhound and Dariusburst.

Reformatted my NA Vita to JP last night. I'm ready. Also got to play the Gunhound EX demo as an added bonus. I'm seriously considering buying some Japan-only PSP games on here now, stuff like Gunhound and Dariusburst.

I think I played that as well, but I thought it was called something different :/

I also grabbed Soul Sacrifice and YS Celeta (8)

I hope the package version of PSO2 Vita doesn't require tons of disk space too. Probably wishful thinking though.

PS - Sorry for bumping the old OT.

So PSO-GAF this is your last chance to speak any sanity into me, later today I will go out and get a 8GB card solely for this game and then format my Vita to Japanese Mode leaving all my PSP games and Gravity Rush behind... what is happening to me? D:

EDIT: Since I'm already here what exactly should I backup? Or do I need to backup anything at all with my 4GB card staying as it is?

So PSO-GAF this is your last chance to speak any sanity into me, later today I will go out and get a 8GB card solely for this game and then format my Vita to Japanese Mode leaving all my PSP games and Gravity Rush behind... what is happening to me? D:

EDIT: Since I'm already here what exactly should I backup? Or do I need to backup anything at all with my 4GB card staying as it is?

It's always a good idea to make a complete backup. You can do this with your Vita attached to a PS3 or a PC with Content Manager Assistant installed. Also, make sure your trophy data is synchronized with PSN before you reset the system.

You might still lose stuff like Near history after switching. I use multiple memory cards as well (32GB for NA and 16GB for JP) and Near and trophy data definitely do not persist after I switch.

Also, I don't know how anyone gets by with such small memory cards. I almost consider 32GB the minimum.

It's always a good idea to make a complete backup. You can do this with your Vita attached to a PS3 or a PC with Content Manager Assistant installed. Also, make sure your trophy data is synchronized with PSN before you reset the system.

You might still lose stuff like Near history after switching. I use multiple memory cards as well (32GB for NA and 16GB for JP) and Near and trophy data definitely do not persist after I switch.

Also, I don't know how anyone gets by with such small memory cards. I almost consider 32GB the minimum.

Thanks StarCreator I will do a complete backup then and sync my trophies! And alright, thankfully I don't really have a Near history as I use my Vita almost always in my living-room while watching TV with my family (If I have to ever actively watch Casting Shows again my brain will fry itself... :p) but that makes me wonder, what will happen with my retail Vita games? I have Persona 4 Golden as a Vita card, will I be able to continue my save?

Oh and I manage to get by with these small cards as I mostly rely on physical games with two or three select PSP games sitting on my Vita.

If I'm honest I already see me hating this whole JP <--> EU switching on my Vita, I already got annoyed that I had to upgrade back to 2.0 from 1.50 in the early PSP days to play Pro Evolution Soccer and back to 1.50 when I wanted to use homebrew but oh well I hope playing PSO2 without the need of a PC will be worth it! :)

It's almost here! While we wait for ~10 PM EST tonight for PSN to update, it may be a good idea to register for a SEGA ID first if you haven't already. Be aware that the registration process includes solving a Japanese captcha; if you have significant difficulty with this you can copy the captcha image and paste it here and maybe someone will be able to help (I am unfortunately not one of these people). A guide to registering a SEGA ID can be found here: http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-registration-guide/

The majority of us are playing on Ship02; your characters and item storage do NOT cross over between ships, they are separate servers!

Also, as a reminder, if you are new to the game, you should consider using the friend invite system! This system awards both the new and referring players with badges that can be turned in for exclusive items. The process on PC is outlined here: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-friend-invite-system/

If you would like to refer me, you can use this information:

Ship: Ship02
My Player ID number: 10162205

Even if you choose not to refer me, please refer -someone-; proceeding without a referral just screws you out of receiving the extra benefits!

If I already have an account for the PC version of the game I should be good to go, correct?

Yeah, if you've registered a SEGA ID at some point you're good to go on that front. If you played on PC anytime since open beta started, you should just log in to whichever ship your character is on, just as you would on PC.

Yeah, if you've registered a SEGA ID at some point you're good to go on that front. If you played on PC anytime since open beta started, you should just log in to whichever ship your character is on, just as you would on PC.

How does one go about changing ships (servers)

My brother didn't realize ship 2 is where most of the english speakers go

How does one go about changing ships (servers)

My brother didn't realize ship 2 is where most of the english speakers go

You either have to pay AC to transfer an existing character (you can't do this if you're a team leader/manager, and your storage doesn't come with you), pay AC to make a new character, or delete all your characters then make a new one on the desired server.

yankee666

My Vita is ready for this game, cant wait to play it tonight when im at home. I received the beta code but i wasnt able to play it.
Is mandatory to spend some money down the road (AC credit) or you could play it and enjoy it entirely free?

My Vita is ready for this game, cant wait to play it tonight when im at home. I received the beta code but i wasnt able to play it.
Is mandatory to spend some money down the road (AC credit) or you could play it and enjoy it entirely free?

As I stated earlier:

I've let my premium subscription lapse for the moment, and the biggest inconvenience so far is getting the number of client orders I've taken back under 20 so I can actually take more.

Since the last patch there's also an issue with getting into the more populated Very Hard difficulty blocks during Emergency Quests because premium space took away the ability to hammer into a full block, but that just means you have to plan what block you want to be in so that you just end up being in a favorable location if an Emergency Quest hits.

yankee666

As I stated earlier:

Since the last patch there's also an issue with getting into the more populated Very Hard difficulty blocks during Emergency Quests because premium space took away the ability to hammer into a full block, but that just means you have to plan what block you want to be in so that you just end up being in a favorable location if an Emergency Quest hits.

Ahh i see, ok then....
Thanks for the info!!!

I already write down your player ID, so i can use it to refer you later

Manbig

Really have my fingers crossed for the Vita version making it over to NA. I really enjoyed what I played of the Japanese version, but I would much prefer to relax on a couch or my bed while playing it on my Vita.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm going to have to pick up a new memory stick this weekend. Until then, I'll still be playing the PC version tonight once the maintenance is over.

Unfortunately, I'm on Ship 6 with my coworkers. I assume everyone on this thread is automatically going to go to Ship 2?

Man, I want this on Vita. I don't want to import, though.

What would you be importing? It's a free download.

PSO2 is already up on the PS Store. On the Vita, click the 2nd button of four in the middle bar and you should see "&#12501;&#12449;&#12531;&#12479;&#12471;&#12540;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540;&#12458;&#12531;&#12521;&#12452;&#12531;2" on the list. On the PS3, from the main screen, select games, then Vita games, then game contents, and you'll see it in the first page of results.

yankee666

Thanks for the heads up!!! Downloading right now but its gonna take forever , i dont think i can taste it tonight :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom