• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Vita Import |OT| Save This World With Your Own Hands, For Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Two questions: Does PSO2 work with Windows 8 and/or is a Windows 8 version planned?

Second question: Can PSO2 be played on an MS Surface Pro?
Should be ok according to this thread.
As for your second question, I'd suggest downloading the benchmark from the official site if you don't want to waste time downloading the whole client for nothing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Two questions: Does PSO2 work with Windows 8 and/or is a Windows 8 version planned?

Second question: Can PSO2 be played on an MS Surface Pro?
PC version officially supports XP (SP3) all the way up to Win 8.

Surface Pro is the x86 version of Surface right? It should work in theory, but I haven't really bothered keeping up with Intel's integrated gpu's so I'm not 100%. FWIW, it seems like it should be able to handle it.

I don't have one, but I've been thinking about it as my next laptop. If PSO2 worked, that would result in some major bonus points.

Admittedly, I'd probably wait for Surface Pro 2 either way. With tablets/computers, it seems like version 2 is always best.

I'm not sure how it's possible, but I somehow failed 14 out of 15 grind attempts on my 9* (unlocked once). It was so bad, it reverted to +1 and was failing to go to 2

This game hates me :(

CrovaxPSO

Just got the game and I'd like to do the friend referral thing but I want to make sure the person I use is actively playing. I guess I'll use the first person to reply to me? Also, you should be on Ship 02 since that's the main English community, right?

Just got the game and I'd like to do the friend referral thing but I want to make sure the person I use is actively playing. I guess I'll use the first person to reply to me? Also, you should be on Ship 02 since that's the main English community, right?

Yep, most players here are on ship 2. Everyone in the OP plays regularly!

DJIzana

Any good timeframe to try to patch the game?

I notice the patch servers, for updating the game from a fresh install, are very slow and often time out. >_<

CrovaxPSO

Anyone know if I delete my character and make a new one if it affects the friend referral thing? I don't like the way the hair I chose clips through the sword :(

Reknoc

Anyone know if I delete my character and make a new one if it affects the friend referral thing? I don't like the way the hair I chose clips through the sword :(

Hair style is free to change. Go to the pink stall on the first floor of the shop area.

CrovaxPSO

How often do they cycle the FUN Scratch items? I think those things are the only thing you can spend FUN and none of the current items are anything I want. I guess the only thing to do with the 1000 FUN ticket is to hold on to it until there are new rewards?

How often do they cycle the FUN Scratch items? I think those things are the only thing you can spend FUN and none of the current items are anything I want. I guess the only thing to do with the 1000 FUN ticket is to hold on to it until there are new rewards?

A new cycle will be up as soon as the servers are back up.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Important Team GAF announcement
I've made dr. apocalipsis a manager, so if you want to join, your best chance is to contact him, since he's playing more than the rest of us in Team GAF. His player name is:
dr apocalipsis

Edit:
Thanks here as well. :)

I've made dr. apocalipsis a manager, so if you want to join, your best chance is to contact him, since he's playing more than the rest of us in Team GAF. His player name is:
dr. apocalipsis

Slight correction: his player name doesn't have the period.

First post updated to link to the new general OT2. Also, I'm looking at adding a trophy guide, but I don't know what the hidden trophies are. Are there any English language resources for this?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Forgot to mention one more thing from the yesterday's stream.
Starting from the next Patch, Vita patches will contain only the new/different data so the size will be MUCH smaller.

Varion

Forgot to mention one more thing from the yesterday's stream.
Starting from the next Patch, Vita patches will contain only the new/different data so the size will be MUCH smaller.
Finally.

Having to download over a gigabyte every single time and keep that much free on the memory card was just silly.

Finally.

Having to download over a gigabyte every single time and keep that much free on the memory card was just silly.

I read on Gamefaqs that the patches were just overwriting old ones not adding onto each other.
But it's still obviously better that they can do it incrementally now!
If only my damn copy would arrive from Play-Asia - over 4 weeks now, i'm more than worried :(

So on Ship 02 there are now a few more PC-only blocks and a great deal more PC+Vita blocks, while the number of Vita-only blocks have been greatly reduced. I still think they should try to optimize the Vita client a bit more to achieve full parity so that there's no Vita ghetto at all though...

If only my damn copy would arrive from Play-Asia - over 4 weeks now, i'm more than worried :(

I think at four weeks you can contact Play-Asia to see what they can do, or potentially have them overnight a replacement.

It's all good, it came yesterday :) Btw i used your ID for friend referral in the end!
My ID is 12117173 on ship 2. Struggling through the menus but managed to get out on a quest with dr apocalipsis (thanks again for the help!)

FYI for anyone considering importing, i've started making a Vita specific bunch of translations.

The difference to to bumped.org being that mine are overlaid onto screenshots and you can navigate by clicking as if it was in game - at least, you can for some of it!

Bumped.org is a great resource but i'm constantly getting lost on that site, so i think this'll make it easier. At some point my stuff links off to their more detailed guides. Anyway hope people find it useful and i'll be updating some of the more important menus as i get time and in between playing!

My Vita PSO2 English translations

Also pls add me to the first post/send me a friend request, username kurdt_the_goat :)

FYI for anyone considering importing, i've started making a Vita specific bunch of translations.

The difference to to bumped.org being that mine are overlaid onto screenshots and you can navigate by clicking as if it was in game - at least, you can for some of it!

Bumped.org is a great resource but i'm constantly getting lost on that site, so i think this'll make it easier. At some point my stuff links off to their more detailed guides. Anyway hope people find it useful and i'll be updating some of the more important menus as i get time and in between playing!

My Vita PSO2 English translations

Also pls add me to the first post/send me a friend request, username kurdt_the_goat :)

This looks very helpful - I've added it to the first post here. Thanks!

I can see some places that are going to need updating later - particularly, you don't have every quest type unlocked yet, and you'd have to get the screenshot with an Emergency active to catch all the types anyway!

Awesome, post it up when you've got it!

My Vita translation's now updated with parts of Visiphone, Storage and further additions to Quest Counter menus.

Check it out and if anyone can tell if there's translation errors, please let me know!
My wife's doing this - she's native, but as tends to be the case with Japanese, some kanji can still stump her, particularly game specific terms!

No problem, appreciate you taking the pic for me. Just updated the site with it :)

Some notes so far:
  • You have all links after quest type selection as going to difficulty settings. Not all quests have difficulty settings; it's probably better to just link the guides for each option since the list of quests available will change rather frequently.
  • You have the third-to-last storage option as "Active Storage". I don't know exactly what it translates to literally but this is actually the special storage box where you receive prizes for special campaigns and where items received from item codes are delivered.

Also, it's worth pointing out that touching your health bar is a shortcut for the character information menu and touching your character is a shortcut for toggling the chat log on and off. Touching other characters pops up a menu just like clicking them with the mouse cursor on PC.

Some notes so far:
  • You have all links after quest type selection as going to difficulty settings. Not all quests have difficulty settings; it's probably better to just link the guides for each option since the list of quests available will change rather frequently.
  • You have the third-to-last storage option as "Active Storage". I don't know exactly what it translates to literally but this is actually the special storage box where you receive prizes for special campaigns and where items received from item codes are delivered.

Also, it's worth pointing out that touching your health bar is a shortcut for the character information menu and touching your character is a shortcut for toggling the chat log on and off. Touching other characters pops up a menu just like clicking them with the mouse cursor on PC.

Yeah i wasn't sure if they all had difficulties and wasn't going to do quest lists and such, the other sites cover that better. I mostly just want to make remembering how to get around the menus easier. I'll change up that Active Storage to Special Storage next time i do some changes and try represent the character clicking stuff somehow too!

I have a few newb question while i'm here!
What does the little diamond icon to the right of the chair icon, in the item pack represent? Is there any reason i need to keep them around, as they dont seem to have any option except put in storage, discard or drop?

I also have some disc icon category items that have X's next to their name, does this mean i have to be a different class to use them?

My items fill up so quick i'm wondering if it's normal practice to just sell off most everything except what i'm using, and store rarer items or items i like?

I have a few newb question while i'm here!
What does the little diamond icon to the right of the chair icon, in the item pack represent? Is there any reason i need to keep them around, as they dont seem to have any option except put in storage, discard or drop?

I also have some disc icon category items that have X's next to their name, does this mean i have to be a different class to use them?

My items fill up so quick i'm wondering if it's normal practice to just sell off most everything except what i'm using, and store rarer items or items i like?

The diamond category is for quest items - it can be monster drops that you collect and turn in for client/team/daily orders (these drop as a yellow diamond on the map), advance quest capsules, or elemental stones that drop in advance quests and Dark Falz Elder.

You'd have to be a little more specific on what discs you're looking at for me to tell you what's going on there. I don't think use of PA discs is limited based on class though.

At this point I don't even bother picking things up unless it's something I think might be valuable. NPC values for most items are so low it's not even worth the time spent sorting it out later.

dr apocalipsis

Edit:
Thanks here as well. :)

sweet. I'll hit him up tonight fo sho. Hit 21 last night. I've put 24 hours into this game in 2 weeks. Psocrack

Wonko_C

Great, the small update (24MB) won't install. It prompts me to redownload the update again, which I did, several times, with the same results. I'm going to have to redownload the WHOLE game again.

Aeana

If the servers are shared with the PC version, why are there separate threads for the PC and Vita versions? I never noticed until now, but it doesn't seem necessary.

If the servers are shared with the PC version, why are there separate threads for the PC and Vita versions? I never noticed until now, but it doesn't seem necessary.

Hasemo at the time thought it needed one, and I just rolled with it. There are some differences between the two, for example, the current Arks Museum event requires the Vita version's AR function to participate. I also felt it was a good way to quickly get people the information they needed to be able to hop in easily.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think I've asked one of the mods if a new thread should be done and that person said yes, so yeah, here's the separate thread. That's the whole story if I recall correctly.

Aeana

It seems to me like you're fragmenting the community. Multiplatform games exist in single threads on the regular.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It seems to me like you're fragmenting the community. Multiplatform games exist in single threads on the regular.
We're not fragmenting anything in my opinion. The Vita thread was created when the first OT was lying forgotten in the community for about half a year (?), visited regularly by only a few people.
It made a lot of people aware of the Vita version, some of them even joined the GAF team.

The second OT was created when SEGA announced the delay and the story patch was released - upon publication of the first OT it was impossible to play the game in English, so many people didn't know that. There also was a delay between this thread and the second OT. Now most of the discussions have naturally moved to the OT2, but I wouldn't say that creating this thread was unnecessary - far from it imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom