• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer comments on Silent Hills rumor: 'not true'

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Averon

I doubt Silent Hills is worth pursuing if all the originally intended players (Del Toro, Kojima, and Norman) doesn't return to make it happen.

Considering the rumor was just random YouTube guy who started it and "game journalist sites" picked it up (lol ign) it's kinda stupid to believe it in the first place.

FluxWaveZ

It's frankly incredible that such an outlandish "rumor" went as far as it did. I'm actually surprised people supposedly 'in the know' can be that gullible.

Newlove

This is what happens when someone anonymous writes anything they can come up with to a publication and they roll with it. They should do better checks.

Nah really? I can't believe anyone could buy into this rumor. 80% percent done and Konami wouldn't finish it but sell it? Also Billions lolz.

oti

Banned
Good on Phil. He now has to deal with the aftermath these idiots who started this rumour cast on Xbox and MS. That's how you do it.

Sjefen

Rumor: These rumors are started by the gaming sites too generate clicks for the ongoing fanboy/console war.

Good thing Phil adressed this, many companies is ignoring commenting on false rumors

Stainless

yeah the 80% done was obviously bs. Props to Phil for clearing the rumor up right away.

I'd definitely buy an xbox to play it, though, so I'm kind of sad it's not true.

My favourite thread made about it was the one where the OP was "disappointed" that Sony didn't spend billions of dollars on securing a somewhat niche game.

Some good lols have been had over this whole thing

eso76

Hadn't read anything about this rumor and came here somewhat hoping he was actually referring to the cancellation as "rumor".
Hey I'm half asleep.

Kyoufu

This was easily the worst rumour I've seen in a long while. The numerous threads made about it was kind of funny though.

FranXico

I watched the first YouTube video that started the rumor... I already found the first few statements extremely unlikely as it is, but when they said that the game already was "80% done", I laughed out loud.

If the Konami fiasco had happened a couple of months earlier, this rumor would have made a great April Fool's joke.

Tripon

This was easily the worst rumour I've seen in a long while. The numerous threads made about it was kind of funny though.

When I was reading the rumor this morning, I checked GAF to see if anyone was dumb enough to make a thread about it. Didn't see any, so I figured nobody was.

Guess I was wrong. LOL.

GrayChild

Of course the rumor was false guys. Just watch Silent Hills being announced as the first major exclusive for Nintendo's NX.

Xbox buying Silent Hills or the IP is not that crazy of a rumor, but when you got to the part where they talked about how the project was 80% done you should have known that it was complete crap. It never even got out of the concept stage and everyone involved has pretty much been on the record saying that.

Elman

They'd just waste the IP like they do with Rare.

But Microsoft is made of money! And making Silent Hills into a Kinect game wouldn't happen now that Kinect is old news.

Hololens is the future.

Hololens + Silent Hills is well worth the billion-dollar acquisition. Mark my words, Silent Hills - Hololens Edition will be the Xbox One exclusive showstopper at E3!

Silent%20Hills%20Hololens.png

There was a guy on my Facebook feed yesterday that was so sure this rumor was true lol. Anybody who said differently he would call a fanboy. This ought to shut him up!

Top Bottom