• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer Interview with Stephen Totilo - Biggest goal is to reach a larger audience for Xbox Game Studios

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don’t think you know what urged means.
Also, they weren’t losing the mlb license because it wasn’t theirs.

Receipts?
Sony was already urged to adopt a multiplatform release strategy for The Show, as part of the multi-year extension to its MLB licensing deal signed in 2019.

The MLB: The Show series of baseball games started in 2006 and has always been exclusive to PlayStation platforms, going back to the original game on PS2 and PSP. The 2021 edition marks the first time Sony is bringing the game to a non-PlayStation system.

Frank I'm not sure if you're just trolling now or willfully obtuse.

devilNprada

Matrix flopped with just $34 million total
Matrix just wasn't a very good movie, not even worth the FREE I watched on HBO MAX...

but I get your point..

Dune might have been a little better example

The real potential is sales+gamepass+mtx+dlc. That is alot of revenue for MS, from their gaming division. All of that from Xbox+PC ecosystem.
If you are insinuating that eventually we will be paying for all of the above, then I wholly agree...

Last edited:

adamsapple

Ok. What are you proving here? Explain what this proves exactly but use classic definitions don’t change your words in an hour again.

Frank my dude, I don't even know what you want me to say now lol, you're asking for receipts for where Sony was urged to make the game multi platform, I posted a link and the exact quote where that's said.

I don't know what else you want.

Confused Ryan Gosling GIF

FrankWza

Frank my dude, I don't even know what you want me to say now lol, you're asking for receipts for where Sony was urged to make the game multi platform, I posted a link and the exact quote where that's said.

I don't know what else you want.
Ok. Urged. You removed forced from the conversation which is exactly what I mentioned. You’re changing back and forth.
They were just politely threatened (urged) with regards to keeping the MLB licence. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
politely threatening isn’t urging. Forcing isn’t urging. And some guy writing an article isn’t proof. Remember your original post.
Do you think MLB is coming on Xbox/Switch out of the generosity of Sony's hearts or their willingness to gain more sales by expanding that franchise to other platforms ?

No, MLB is literally forcing Sony's hand on it.

adamsapple

Ok so you're basically Drax and take every word literally with no subtext or context. I'll remember for future conversations Frank.

Much love.

Top Bottom