• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer Responds To Starfield and Redfall Delay: "We Hear the Feedback" (IGN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does xbox have 1st party games though? With steam day1, it no longer has any 1st party games. Its multiplatform 3rd party publisher now.
You have to sign into Xbox to play them. So I'd assume they're platform exclusive. People bring this shit up all the time, but it doesn't stop MS from making money. Sony's about to do the same considering their high profile games being released on Steam..

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Thanks for always hearing us Phill. We all know that games are coming!
Wait, people actually said to him to post-pone the game or are you being sarcastic ?
I know that Phil communicating well is a meme now, but its nice that he can put out a timely statement acknowledging the disappointment.

Like go ahead and trash XBGS for a while, but his statement is actually totally fine.
I do not know if people actually know how social media works but corporations have tons of statements ready and they fill out the rest of the info when needed. It is copy paste. We do not even know if he was him posting that.
Why the fuck the Bethesda message looks like obituary?
sZPPim9.gif

Sorry just trying to lighten the mood.

kingfey

Banned
You have to sign into Xbox to play them. So I'd assume they're platform exclusive. People bring this shit up all the time, but it doesn't stop MS from making money. Sony's about to do the same considering their high profile games being released on Steam..
That is MS end goal. Locking their IPs in 1 system would generate them less money. Putting them in too many platforms, will make them alot of money.
Xbox one had measly 50+m hardware console. So the user base was very small to go over 10m. Steam would generate them extra sales, which their consoles wont able to.

DaGwaphics

If they have anyone tasked with trying to monitor the social media feedback, it'll probably be a rough go for the poor souls. But there will be a lot of feedback. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Although I'm sure if they'd released it in a poor state there would have been even more.

Last edited:
"We heard j'ya."

Back when Microsoft thought Uncharted 4 was a holiday title last generation.. Microsoft took the wallets out and wrote a check for Tomb Raider exclusivity. I expect a big holiday Game Pass announcement. A big 3rd party title for that season.

Realistically speaking, what game could they net? We know Harry Potter's off the table; there's at least a decent chance Gotham Knights is off the table, as well. They already have Plague Tale: Innocence, but that doesn't make up for RedFall & Starfield getting delayed.

Other than COD (which we also know is off the table for this year due to Sony comarketing contract), there isn't any other major release coming. Maybe they can net Dead Space Remake for GamePass but that doesn't come until 2023. If they can get an exclusive demo for GamePass tho maybe that kind of brings them something if it can be done for October?

Looking like it's down to Forza (again) and whatever content they add to Deathloop. And Halo Infinite Season 3 (if that's anything like Season 2 tho, it won't do much at all).

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
5 year between Oblivion and Skyrim

11 year betwen Skyrim and the next game( and still going)

Wtf happened to bethesda
Nothing. They are the same. They are small big team, so they cant do everything like big companies do.

They did skyrim 2011 to fall out 4 in 2015. And now starfield was supposed to break the timer, but covid killed everything. Too many delays.

PerfectDark

Banned
I like all consoles lean towards xbox. I feel they have not released a big time game all last gen and into this gen. All talk no action. Every game they do release is underwhelming. Halo is a big pile of free to play trash. MS flight simulator might be the only good thing Xbox has released in 10 years.

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
I know that Phil communicating well is a meme now, but its nice that he can put out a timely statement acknowledging the disappointment.

Like go ahead and trash XBGS for a while, but his statement is actually totally fine.
I would have liked to see a generation of him and Jack Tretton promoting their product.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Phil Spencer, ever since joining Xbox he has constantly over-promised and consistently under-delivered. The best part? The Xbox faithful not only continue to believe him but support him at every turn. He is, without a doubt, the used car salesman of the century.
40QciMI.jpg

PhaseJump

Banned
Reading some of the reality distorting bullshit in this thread has made me begin to question how some of you people would respond, if Phil retired and somebody who actually gives a shit about exclusivity took over and brought back console warring.

I bet this whole narrative that Xbox hasn't released any games would suddenly shift into panic over losing something.

Kagey K

Banned
Imagine having a job where you get kicked in the balls by the press, then turn around and get kicked in the balls by the gamers and then turn around and get kicked in the balls by the shareholders.

This can't be a fun place to be.

Kagey K

Banned
Reading some of the reality distorting bullshit in this thread has made me begin to question how some of you people would respond, if Phil retired and somebody who actually gives a shit about exclusivity took over and brought back console warring.

I bet this whole narrative that Xbox hasn't released any games would suddenly shift into panic over losing something.
I think the person after Phil is going to be cutthroat as fuck, people will he begging for him back once all these deals are honored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom