• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: Still have flagship games in development; "new IP critical"

DEADEVIL

Holy! the earth just shook

We all speculated on the H2 Anniversary stuff, but to get this instead of H5 is a Megaton..

I love this move if true.

This scratches our Next gen Halo itch, give the series a chance to grow the lore

But most of all, like H3, this gives Halo 5 the biggest install base it can have prior to the launch of the game.

The only reservation I ever had about H2 anniversary was that ending...God I can't even express in words how I felt when those credits rolled. I remember replaying it again and still feeling like the game just crushed my heart that it had to end.

Give us an alternate ending and MS can take all my money. lol

Ushiwaka

A bunch. I'm gonna take it a little easy because I'm sure someone is, or will be pounding their fist into a mahogany desk overlooking the Redmond campus.

What has me excited right now is the revisiting of Halo. So later this year we're gonna get Halo 2 Anniversary edition WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIT. On Xbox One. November 11th!

Any info on Platinum exclusive? Is it a new IP? Is it Phantom Dust 2? Is it Japan-only?

SgtCobra

Damn some bombs are being dropped over here, please keep them comming. What is MS having up their sleeves regarding Japanese software support?

I'd actually forgotten about PD and his hyping of it not too long ago. HOLY SHIT! So we might be getting a new PD too?

HOLY SHIT!

I'm guessing its announcement will coincide with the Japanese release? Perhaps it's the long rumoured Platinum exclusive?

Oh God, I just hope it's not a micro-transaction mess. Please don't let it be a micro-transaction mess. PLEASE.

lol I know how to get you hyped :p

Believe and then at worst you can only be soul-crippling disappointed. I mean what's the worst that could happen :)

xkramz

They can't battle PS4 with the same games running at lower resolutions or frame rates. They'd better have large-scale new IP's coming out or it won't be a bright future for the platform.
Ryse did fantastic running below 1080p and outputting some of the greatest visual on a home console.

LIST WARS!

I have a list...the only list that matters.

Banjo Kazooie
Conker
Perfect Dark
Battletoads
Crackdown
Midtown Madness
Blinx
Blast Corps
Crackdown
Mechassault
Lost Odyssey
Crimson Skies
Bloodwake
Rallisport Challenge
Blue Dragon
Quantum Redshift
Fusion Frenzy
Kung-Fu Chaos
Freelancer
ilomilo
Jet Force Gemini
Ninety Nine Nights
Viva Pinata
Sudeki
Voodoo Vince

WHERE ARE THE GODDAMN SEQUELS/REBOOTS?

Hell, at least a dozen from that list would be new IP for a whole generation of gamers. Do something with them, Microsoft. Spend some of that $1b on hiring some third party studios to work on those fantastic IP.

Jesus Christ...
Great list!

SegaShack

I'm going to love playing a next gen shooter that is based off weapon drops on the map, see my thread about hating the tons of weapons + exp systems that current games use. I'm excited for Halo 2 Anniversary.

Look, I get what the mods are doing, but this is big gaming news, even if it does involve us. We, as enthusiasts, need somewhere to talk about this. I sure as hell can't do it on /v/.

So we're not supposed to talk about the ntkrnl stuff now? The threads keep getting closed.

I want to talk about it too (it's disappointing that we don't have an outlet to discuss all this) but I don't want to go off topic and get banned. :/

Oh well, guess we'll all be able to discuss it when the dust settles.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hahaha, the thread migrations are hilarious. I get why the mods are closing this stuff up but it is one of the wildest days in awhile. A lot to take in from that topic.

J-Man

Hahaha, the thread migrations are hilarious. I get why the mods are closing this stuff up but it is one of the wildest days in awhile. A lot to take in from that topic.

It's funny to see people jump from thread to thread to talk about (or rather try to figure out) what went down in the initial leak thread.

MilkBeard

I just wanna see something from CBOAT at this point to make sure he/she's okay.

What Mort said in the last thread I think was pretty spot on in how I feel about it.

Hubble

Ntkrnl was still 'leaking' whether true or not, not sure, and responding, so I don't think the main thread should've been closed. He could've answered more questions by us. But perhaps it was the right decision.

statham

can anyone give me cliffnotes on what the hell happened the last hour? I have an idea that MS played cboat, am I wrong in that thinking?

Top Bottom