• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: Still have flagship games in development; "new IP critical"

ntkrnl

Ntkrnl was still 'leaking' whether true or not sure, and responding, so I don't think the main thread should've been closed. He could've answered more questions by us. But perhaps it was the right decision.

It was getting out of hand. Stuff will be confirmed in short order and when cboat makes a post everyone will hopefully relax.

FrankT

can anyone give me cliffnotes on what the hell happened the last hour? I have an idea that MS played cboat, am I wrong in that thinking?

I thought it possible very early. But with what we learned in the Titanfall thread much of the info is likely accurate. So it may have been a little bit of both. Or just another leaker. If that is simply case it's going to be very telling to say the least.

Of course none of that would have even gone there had Cboat not posted that Titanfall thread right after the big rumor thread.

can anyone give me cliffnotes on what the hell happened the last hour? I have an idea that MS played cboat, am I wrong in that thinking?
If I had to put money on it I doubt that's true. Someone from the locked thread explained it:
I'll say it in here just like in the other thread. Some misinterpreted the fiddle quote as nt saying "you were played like a fiddle", when in reality it was an attempt at a joke... that unfortunately fell flat and gaf took it and spun an unbelievable amount of stories rapidly.
this is probably occam's razor at work, just a guess.

famous mort said that just about everything leaked is legit except the titanfall bundle, which he hasn't heard about but it could be real

Thuway's twitter (please do not link it at his request, everyone) said that there's a witchhunt going around for cboat amongst those in the industry

various people begin to feel that the amount of coincidences regarding the hunt for cboat and these new leaks are too great and that ntkrnl is an MS plant

Everyone will probably calm down once we hear cboat's status, but for now there are a lot of people worried that cboat's fucked.

famous mort said that just about everything leaked is legit except the titanfall bundle, which he hasn't heard about but it could be real

Thuway's twitter (please do not link it at his request, everyone) said that there's a witchhunt going around for cboat amongst those in the industry

various people begin to feel that the amount of coincidences regarding the hunt for cboat and these new leaks are too great and that ntkrnl is an MS plant

Everyone will probably calm down once we hear cboat's status, but for now there are a lot of people worried that cboat's fucked.
I find it hard to believe famousmortimer saying "just about everything leaked as legit" is anything noteworthy. How would he know any of these crazy leaks? some are years in advance. You take these guys' words as gospel as if they know everything (even things only higher-ups like Spencer and his crew would know) when in reality he probably has a few connections from the DRM campaign and that's it. Be realistic?

Why is everything getting locked?

Situation is incredibly touchy. I'm sure the staff are trying their best to keep a handle on it until they come to a consensus on a direction.

I find it hard to believe famousmortimer saying "just about everything leaked as legit" is anything noteworthy. How would he know any of these crazy leaks? some are years in advance. You take these guys' words as gospel as if they know everything (even things only higher-ups like Spencer and his crew would know) when in reality he probably has a few connections from the DRM campaign and that's it. Be realistic?

Yeah, that's very true. I don't think mort knows anything about crackdown 3 or the platinum project, but knowing about Halo 2 anniversary or the release dates aren't out of the realm of possibility at all.

FrankT

Don't trust a one of them. I've seen straight up lies time and time again. Well I have trusted one over the years, but he rarely posts anymore. His record was untouchable.

Time will tell with this new oracle.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Well, this day has been one of the most interesting days on GAF since I've been here, but now I'm really interested in knowing what Microsoft has in store in terms of new flagship games.

He didn't even say that everything is confirmed. He just talked about the bundle. He didn't confirm nor deny anything else. And yes, famous has real connections. He leaked Knack, DriveClub, Killzone and RAM upgrade hours before the PS Meeting. He was the only one that did so he is 100% legit.

Guys, the Verge thread just got locked too, let's reign it back in before this one is next.

Yeah. Keep the discussion civil and instead of discussion what happened, lets discuss the possibility of the games being the one Phil Spencer is talking about here.

As stated by bish in the other thread:

If this thread can stay focused on the Verge report, without going off the rails like the other, now locked thread, then I'll keep it open. I know it is tempting to speculate on the veracity and identity of ntkrnl and how he's said more in one day than all our other insiders combined have in years, but that's not for this thread. Thanks.

Guys, the Verge thread just got locked too, let's reign it back in before this one is next.

Yeah, this'll probably be my last post in one of these until we get a mod to clarify the site's stance on discussing news involving ourselves :p

Still, wonderful night, and i'm lucky I was able to be here.

Godspeed, cboat.

Hubble

It was getting out of hand. Stuff will be confirmed in short order and when cboat makes a post everyone will hopefully relax.

A lot of the information you leaked while extremely helpful has been speculated for sometime already. Halo 2 for Xbox One has been mentioned in a Phil Spencer interview. Crackdown 3 has always been expected for sometime. Phantom Games working on a Xbox One project has been known. Can you provide more information if any on new IPs? Even if it's tiny like how many, what are they, target windows, etc. Or does Microsoft have any plans to create new studios?

Also it's been known some popular franchises may get a 'reboot' with a list presented to Microsoft, and some of those they may 'hit'. Can you provide any information on which titles are becoming high in priority for a reboot?

Top Bottom