• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer tweets that "Xbox, Screenshot" feature is on the list to be added.

Nice! I hope they find a way to implement this (as well as "Record That") somehow with the controller for all the Kinectless people who will want to use it. And for those like me who mainly play games at night when significant others are asleep, meaning I can't yell anything at the system.

Yea but arent only recent games in the home screen as tiles? If you have a lot of games not each one will appear right?

No, all games are on the home screen from what I can tell. I should add I've deleted a few since completing them, so perhaps there's a limit before games start disappearing from the home screen.

I think the library is available if you unplug the network cable.

It's not. You need a network connection to access it.

cW152GW.jpg

A1TOFXM.jpg

And when you're online, the onnect to online message is no longer there...

No, all games are on the home screen from what I can tell. I should add I've deleted a few since completing them, so perhaps there's a limit before games start disappearing from the home screen.

It's not. You need a network connection to access it.

And when you're online, the onnect to online message is no longer there...

Interesting, is xbox one like that too or not? Also are you on your main account because i heard you need to be to play offline.

Interesting, is xbox one like that too or not? Also are you on your main account because i heard you need to be to play offline.

Yeah, it's my main account and I haven't encountered the same issue on X1, but then I don't really use my X1 as much as I do my PS4.

To note, you can play your games perfectly fine offline, it's access to the library that's restricted. Just thought I'd clarity in case there were any crossed wires.

Shylock

I promise you that there will be a Kinect voice command lol. Not every moment you want to screenshot will be fleeting.

Although, I'm sure there will be some controller shortcut as well.

Oh, I'm sure there will be a Kinect command , and that is going to be fine when I want to snap a pic of a scoreboard or cool vista. I'd just really like a way to easily get action shots. I miss abusing the hell out of the screenshot key to get the perfect shot of a big boss fight/raid on PC.

Good news. Now I don't have to take game pictures with my phone (haha).

Positive that they will. I assume that Cortana voice control will be coming to the Xbox One soon.
Well, Cortana is supposedly going to be in the Threshold Update wave for Windows 8 and the Xbox One coming later this year, if that leak is to be believed. Personally I can't wait for her to hit all the platforms. She works amazingly well on Windows Phone and it would only get better with more devices.

Bsigg12

Well, Cortana is supposedly going to be in the Threshold Update wave for Windows 8 and the Xbox One coming later this year, if that leak is to be believed. Personally I can't wait for her to hit all the platforms. She works amazingly well on Windows Phone and it would only get better with more devices.

I thought Threshold was a Spring 2015 update?

arhra

Oh, I'm sure there will be a Kinect command , and that is going to be fine when I want to snap a pic of a scoreboard or cool vista. I'd just really like a way to easily get action shots. I miss abusing the hell out of the screenshot key to get the perfect shot of a big boss fight/raid on PC.

Re-purposing double-tap and/or hold on the Home button seems like the most likely solution.

I wonder what the method for getting the picture onto the web would be?

Probably similar to the current system for Game DVR clips - automatically synced to the cloud for automatic sharing within the system (friends activity feed, and probably user screenshots would be added to store pages alongside the broadcasts and clips), plus an option to upload to OneDrive in Upload Studio, and making them available for other apps to upload elsewhere if desired (ie, a flickr app could upload to flickr, like how the Youtube app can upload clips to Youtube).

Caayn

About time. But please give us a controller button for it like quickly double tapping the guide/view button for example.

Pathos

Banned
Good. Now all they need is to add the function where you can stream music and play it in the background (no snapping).

Top Bottom