• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer tweets that "Xbox, Screenshot" feature is on the list to be added.

shanafan

Awesome.

I love using the "Xbox, Record that" feature and with news that social media will be more incorporated into the Xbox One to share your most favorite moments, etc - I'm definitely onboard with that.

Makes me excited to see all of this happening this generation - with PS4 share button, Xbox One record that, as well as Mario Kart TV - definitely fun and innovative times!

btrboyev

Phil is quickly turning things around for MS. If only he was in charge 2 years ago. MS is really focused on these updates and they have all been quality.

JaggedSac

So this also implies there are at least two teams working on updates, one monthly and one larger.

But this is cool, not something I would particularly use, but nice for those who want it.

I hope there's an effective way to do this with a controller. I still think that double-tapping the home button without any snapped apps open would probably be the best.

timlot

Banned
Just picked up an XB1 because of the pace of updates. The new smart glass app (beta) with the cable remote control makes it what it should have been from the start.

Phil Spencer is practically the reason I'll be buying an Xbox One soon. He's made all the right decisions. It makes me wonder where Microsoft would be with the console right now had he been there since the beginning instead of that Mattrick tool.

Andodalf

Banned
Nice to know that kinect hasn't been literally thrown away. Hopefully they continue to improve the kinect experience, while making the Kinect-less experience possible.

Bgamer90

Banned
Good news. Now I don't have to take game pictures with my phone (haha).

Nice to know that kinect hasn't been literally thrown away. Hopefully they continue to improve the kinect experience, while making the Kinect-less experience possible.

Positive that they will. I assume that Cortana voice control will be coming to the Xbox One soon.

shanafan

Yeah they will continue to support it, which is good. Releasing the standalone Kinect in the Fall is a good sign of this.

wapplew

Proper graphic comparison thread will be glorious.
Sony better up their game by eliminate those compression.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

Just because they made a Kinect-less option doesn't mean Kinect has thrown in the towel.

I don't get how people make the assertions.

TrueGrime

Haha, forgot about him. He has been asking this for a while.

All we need now is remote downloading and I'll be content with all of the convenient Xbox One features.

What do you mean by remote downloading? Like buying from a site and having your Xbox download it when you do?

Jigorath

Banned
I was actually trying to say "Xbox screenshot" while playing Dead Rising 3 the other day. Happy to see it's being added.

TeRey09

8nMKw5b.gif

Kayant

So this also implies there are at least two teams working on updates, one monthly and one larger.

But this is cool, not something I would particularly use, but nice for those who want it.

That's damn good I wonder how much the way the OS is setup is helping them with the fast iterations.

So what button would it use?

They need to do it with the press of a button, I dont plan on using Kinect saying constantly "xbox record that" because I take a lot of screenshots. It's one of the features I love most on PS4.

driver116

They need to do it with the press of a button, I dont plan on using Kinect saying constantly "xbox record that" because I take a lot of screenshots. It's one of the features I love most on PS4.

I reckon they create a quick command menu for screenshots, record etc.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

I imagine there will be a controller command for it since Kinect isn't required starting in June.

Haha, forgot about him. He has been asking this for a while.

All we need now is remote downloading and I'll be content with all of the convenient Xbox One features.

Agreed. Preloading and remote downloading are the features I'd like to see soon.

H3xum

Phil being appointed the head of XBO was literally the best move they could have made.

Look at how people are championing him now.

Great feature.

Kelsey

Banned
I hope there's an effective way to do this with a controller. I still think that double-tapping the home button without any snapped apps open would probably be the best.

Most effective way imo would be to add a screenshot capture mode inside of Upload Studio.

Top Bottom