• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phillipe Cardon (VP of SIEE): GT Sports & The Last Guardian will launch this year.

Turkoop

Banned
sadly, it's only in french available.
http://www.challenges.fr/high-tech/...oi-2016-est-une-annee-cruciale-pour-sony.html

C’est notre plus grosse sortie de l’année avec Gran Turismo et le grand retour de The Last Guardian. Et bien sûr, le PlayStation VR arrive.

Google translation:
This is our biggest release of the year with Gran Turismo and the return of The Last Guardian. And of course, the PlayStation VR arrives.

But I also found a german site, which is reporting it.
http://www.playm.de/2016/04/gran-tu...ian-release-in-diesem-jahr-bestaetigt-287694/

Danlord

Unfortunately no mention of Horizon: Zero Dawn :( I was looking forward to that. I'm very excited for both Gran Turismo and The Last Guardian for sure, but after the rumour from shinobi and the lack of confirmation from Sony in the past, it's not looking good for a 2016 release.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Still think at least one, if not both, will end up in 2017.

With The Last Guardian the game just looked so rough last E3 and with al the delays it just seems like that project has just been hell.

edited.

Loris146

With The Last Guardian I wouldn't be surprised if it's vapourware that Sony are using as a marketing tool to string fans along. The game just looked so rough last E3 and with al the delays it just seems like that project has just been hell.

What?

Soriku

Unfortunately no mention of Horizon: Zero Dawn :( I was looking forward to that. I'm very excited for both Gran Turismo and The Last Guardian for sure, but after the rumour from shinobi and the lack of confirmation from Sony in the past, it's not looking good for a 2016 release.

I can't play FF XV and Horizon at the same time!

I know not everyone is getting both.

HORRORSHØW

With The Last Guardian I wouldn't be surprised if it's vapourware that Sony are using as a marketing tool to string fans along. The game just looked so rough last E3 and with al the delays it just seems like that project has just been hell.
LMAO

eFKac

I estimate the chances of Gran Turismo Sport to fully launch this year at 5%.

The beta, maybe around PSVR launch.

It was supposed to be spring right? No info since PGW.

Trace

Banned

How exactly did it look rough at E3? It looked fantastic.

Kayant

Lol

Last Guardian literally had more magic in its few minutes, even after its decade, than most games at that E3.

The God

Yeah Sony brought back The Last Guardian as a tool to please Neogaf users

lmfao

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It... looked pretty much polished to the nines. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Blader

whatyearisit.jpg

Oh yes, that makes perfect sense.

lol

FelipeMGM

It is weird that he doesnt mention Horizon which is the big European developed first party game Sony is supposed to have this year

Still hoping Shinobi isnt right on this one :(

Who said please GAFfers? I said fans. The onto fans of that game are on GAF?

So they crafted another trailer, had a big announcement, and continue to state that the game is coming out in order to prank everyone for some momentary praise despite how big of a backfire that'd be in a few months.

Do people not read what they type, or are they cognitive of such ridiculousness?

AmuroChan

I estimate the chances of Gran Turismo Sport to fully launch this year at 5%.

The beta, maybe around PSVR launch.

It was supposed to be spring right? No info since PGW.

I think GT Sport beta could be the "available right now" announcement at E3 and then possibly be a Oct/Nov game. That's what I'm hoping at least.

AniHawk

the best part about the last guardian is waiting for the last guardian. i think it looks fine now, but imagine how good it would be with ps vr on the ps4 neo? put it in the oven another year, i say!

I will be surprised if GT Sports full retail version launches this year. There is no word about the beta they were touting about yet either.

Amgash

Banned
I don't belive him.
Plus Uncharted is their biggest release of the year. The GT ip is too damaged for a spin off to compete with a Naughty Dog title

Another Sony thread, another Collingwood drive by.

GnawtyDog

Banned

Lol...

no

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Ok, you need to just stop right there, lol.

The most important question though: will Sony release a glorious Team Ico Trilogy boxset for PS4 featuring a 1080p/60fps version of SOTC with an improved grip level?

Rymuth

Last Guardian, I believe it. GT Sport? Naaaah...maybe we'll get a Prologue or something but the full product seems far off (imho)

Ok, you need to just stop right there, lol.
And lose his Raison D'être? Collin would sometimes even bring Sony into Nintendo threads and end up derailing them.

Top Bottom