- May 9, 2019
Publisher Prime Matter and developer Snapshot Games will release turn-based strategy game Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 1, the companies announced. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions are due out at a later date with a free upgrade.
Also on October 1, the fourth downloadable content expansion “Corrupted Horizons” will launch for the existing PC version.
Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition will include the base game, four downloadable content expansions (“Blood and Titanium,” “Legacy of the Ancients,” “Festering Skies,” and “Corrupted Horizons”), and redesigned controller support.
Phoenix Point first launched for PC via Steam and Epic Games Store in December 2019. The Year One Edition, which includes all previously released downloadable content, updates, and additional content, followed in December 2020.
Here is an overview of the Year One Edition, via its Steam page:
Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is the definitive version of the acclaimed strategy game from the creator of X-COM, collecting all previously released DLC, updates, and additional content.
The Earth has been overrun. A mutating, alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. Only the Phoenix Project, a secret organization of the best minds and bravest soldiers left on earth, can repel the invasion and reverse the inevitable. The Phoenix Project looks to you for leadership. Research and develop new technologies, explore a ravaged globe, build your bases, manage resources, and dominate the battlefield.
Just remember: you’re not alone out there. Factions, including the corporatist New Jericho, the indecisive Synedrion, and the fanatical Disciples of Anu, as well as a variety of offshoot subfactions, have their own values, goals, and view of the Pandorans. Work with these factions via Phoenix Point‘s diplomacy system, use subterfuge to steal what you need from them, or simply crush all around you with military might. No matter what you choose, victory won’t be easy. Experience the best version of Phoenix Point‘s challenging gameplay in Phoenix Point: Year One Edition.
- Tons of Content – The Year One Edition of Phoenix Point includes all previously released content: three downloadable content packs (“Blood & Titanium,” “Legacy of the Ancients,” and the “Living Weapons Pack”) and a slew of updates, upgrades, fixes, and new content suggested by our community.
- Mutating Alien Menace – Face down an ever-changing alien threat that adapts to your tactics and offers no respite even as your team becomes more powerful and technologically advanced.
- Uncover the Secrets of the Pandoravirus – Engage with a complex narrative, complete with multiple endings that the player can only uncover via several playthroughs. Explore, research, and discover a secret history, as you learn about the origins of the mutants, the Pandoravirus, and Phoenix Point itself.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations – The Phoenix Project is not the only organization trying to reclaim the Earth. The militaristic New Jericho, the mystical Disciples of Anu, and the technophiles of Synedrion all offer unique rewards for co-operation and threats for opposition. It is up to you to decide how, or even if, to deal with them.
- Take Aim on the Battlefield – In addition to equipping and commanding units, Phoenix Point lets you take direct control of your soldier’s shots in combat, with a unique free-aiming system. Target enemy weakspots, weapons, or valuables, or just go for center mass.
- Next-Gen Tech with Classic Pedigree – Phoenix Point was designed by Julian Gollop, the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s. Integrating the core ethos of X-COM while updating the visuals, technology, and systems to modern standards has made Phoenix Point best-in-class.
Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition coming to PS4 and Xbox One on October 1, PS5 and Xbox Series later - Gematsu
Publisher Prime Matter and developer Snapshot Games will release turn-based strategy game Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 1, the companies announced.