• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is finally back on sale

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
BorkBork said:
This thread will increase Phoenix Wright sales by 10%.

=(
It sold 150 copies last month and so far, and 7 (or so I counted) people in this thread bought this game. Not quite the 10% sales increase but keep the dream alive!

Tarazet

BorkBork said:
This thread will increase Phoenix Wright sales by 10%.

=(

I should hope so! I managed to +1 sales when I grabbed the only copy I've ever seen new at retail, at a Gamecrazy, and ever since I've wanted to + it more. A LOT more.

Tarazet

DemDereNads said:
Double Argh... now it shows out of stock.

WARNING

warning_siren1.gif

If you're planning to hold out.. don't.

Baker

Banned
Package was insured so the mailman didn't leave it at my door yesterday. Picked it up this morning though, woo.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Alright, I bit on it. I honestly don't even really know what to expect from this game, but between the hype here, the scores it has received, and the fact that my wife is a non-gaming lawyer ... I figured it was worth the risk.

svenuce

You do realize that that "150 copies" is only those copies as projected from the stores in the NPD sample. If no stores in the sample carry or are selling the game, while others outside the sample do (for example, Fry's, NCXS, Play Asia, etc. are NOT in the NPD sample), that 150 figure is under reporting actual sales.

Sad_Panda

Since I can't make new threads yet, I don't know where to put this...the latest Famitsu has new infos about Gyakutensaiban 4 (Phoenix Wright 4).

(taken from Court Records Forums)

- The new hero will be named Odoroki Hôsuke.
- Like Maya with Phoenix Wright, he will be followed by Minuki-chan, a "magician of mystery". She has a stick of magic and wear a silk hat.
- The game will start 7 years after GS3.
- No big change in the court scene.
- The dubbing is still done by Capcom employee.
- A famous television layer Kazuya Maruyama will help Capcom for the promotion of the game. It's unknow if he appears or not in the game.
- Development situation : 25%

Scans :

http://ranobe.com/up/src/up114541.jpg
http://www.imgup.org/iup220980.jpg
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/504/up1146162wy.jpg

I think it deserves its own thread.

Tarazet

Aurora said:
Can't believe you guys are going crazy over $40 price. EU DS games = $65

The day I pay $65 for a game - unless it's so rare I've never even seen it on sale at a reasonable price - will be a cold day in hell.

Tarazet

the year 20XX said:
But the day you charge $65 for a game...

That would be today. And tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow too. And I myself have paid as much as $200 for a single game, in fact.

joshschw

sonarrat is cool, he sells things at his cost a lot of times.

damn... wal mart is out of stock now. i'll order from P-A then. sigh.

Memles

FYI: Phoenix Wright now in stock at Videogamesplus.ca for $44.99 CDN (Roughly $40 USD). My order came to like $51 overall, which is only like $5 over retail, so I decided I had to bite on it. It better be good, though!

hitoshi

Guys, a quick question - because me and Gyakuten Saiban has a very long and peaceful relationship and i live in Europe, i'm in a state where you have to wait MONTHS to get the new DS episode: but, and here is the question. Is it really possible that the japanase version of Gyakuten Saiban DS included the english subs, montsh before the actual english release? Every major site (Lik-Sang, Play Asia) lists the program with this feature. If this is true, will it be true for the upcoming next episode too? Because it comes out in Japan in October, but in the USA / Europe, the date is 2007 spring.

"To import or not to import, that is the question".

LakeEarth

Memles said:
FYI: Phoenix Wright now in stock at Videogamesplus.ca for $44.99 CDN (Roughly $40 USD). My order came to like $51 overall, which is only like $5 over retail, so I decided I had to bite on it. It better be good, though!
Damn, tough choice. One one hand, I should hurry up and get it before its too late, but on the other hand, all these stores getting it could mean that amazon.ca or other could be getting it, which means $10 less... decisions decisions...

EDIT - $51? What about this $3 shipping its telling me about?

hitoshi said:
Guys, a quick question - because me and Gyakuten Saiban has a very long and peaceful relationship and i live in Europe, i'm in a state where you have to wait MONTHS to get the new DS episode: but, and here is the question. Is it really possible that the japanase version of Gyakuten Saiban DS included the english subs, montsh before the actual english release? Every major site (Lik-Sang, Play Asia) lists the program with this feature. If this is true, will it be true for the upcoming next episode too? Because it comes out in Japan in October, but in the USA / Europe, the date is 2007 spring.

"To import or not to import, that is the question".
Gyakuten Saiban 1 for the DS, also known as Gyakuten Saiban: Mask Vision Murder Case in Japan and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney in America, does have an English option (which is the exact translation America has) on the Japanese cart. There's no word whether Gyakuten Saiban 4, the one with the scans posted a few posts above, will. It's entirely too early to know, really.

hitoshi

"There's no word whether Gyakuten Saiban 4, the one with the scans posted a few posts above, will. It's entirely too early to know, really."

Sorry, i'm talking about Gyakuten Saiban 2 DS (or Phoenix Wright: Justice for all), not the fourth episode.

Tarazet

DemDereNads said:
You mean don't hold out, as in cancel my order and order somewhere else? Or hold out from ordering all together?

Well, if you get any indication from Walmart.com that you might not be getting it, bail out and place a backup order. If you wind up with an extra you should still be able to sell it at cost or even a profit.

If you're waiting for the right price, I don't think that's a good idea.

hitoshi said:
"There's no word whether Gyakuten Saiban 4, the one with the scans posted a few posts above, will. It's entirely too early to know, really."

Sorry, i'm talking about Gyakuten Saiban 2 DS (or Phoenix Wright: Justice for all), not the fourth episode.
Ah. As far as I can tell, that's Capcom of America's deal. Justice for All (simply GS2 in Japan) was released on the GBA in October 2002 in Japan and was never brought here. Story-wise, it's the sequel to GS1, aka the Phoenix Wright game we got. Since PW sold so well in America, Capcom is upgrading GS2 to the DS and releasing it in English. The original japanese GBA cart only contained Japanese and it's likely the DS version will only contain English. It looks to be an America/Europe only release, but it won't be functionally different from the GBA game, just the added niceities (touch-screen support, etc.) GS1 got.

Tarazet

ShockingAlberto said:
Since PW sold so well in America,

It sold like crap here.. it has just gotten a new lease on life thanks to the hugely positive word of mouth it has been getting, plus the DS Lite effect which seems to have catapulted Castlevania and Trauma Center into rareness-land as well.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Just FYI guys: when I ordered it from Play-Asia a few hours ago it was still in stock (shipping within 24 hours) and they only want like $29 for it, plus less than $3 shipping if you use the cheapest option.

sonarrat said:
It sold like crap here.. it has just gotten a new lease on life thanks to the hugely positive word of mouth it has been getting, plus the DS Lite effect which seems to have catapulted Castlevania and Trauma Center into rareness-land as well.
It certainly sold above their expectations if they have to offer reprints.

The game does not cost that much to make. For a big-budget title, like Mario, these would be pretty shitty sales. For a text-adventure lawyer sim that no one thought would sell out of its initial run in America, it's gangbusters.

Tarazet

ShockingAlberto said:
It certainly sold above their expectations if they have to offer reprints.

The game does not cost that much to make. For a big-budget title, like Mario, these would be pretty shitty sales. For a text-adventure lawyer sim that no one thought would sell out of its initial run in America, it's gangbusters.

Yeah, that's certainly true. For such a charming, unassuming little game, it certainly has taken on a life of its own, and I think it has officially reached the status of cult favorite in recent months after its fairly slow start.

Joe

human5892 said:
Just FYI guys: when I ordered it from Play-Asia a few hours ago it was still in stock (shipping within 24 hours) and they only want like $29 for it, plus less than $3 shipping if you use the cheapest option.
im at play-asia's website right now they have phoenix wright in stock for $29 but its the japanese version. the us version is $39 and sold out. it should still work but it'll be in japanese?

Tarazet

Joe said:
im at play-asia's website right now they have phoenix wright in stock for $29 but its the japanese version. the us version is $39 and sold out. it should still work but it'll be in japanese?

As has been said dozens of times, the JP version has the full English game as well.

yayaba

sonarrat said:
As has been said dozens of times, the JP version has the full English game as well.

Sorry, I'm not too versed with Phoenix Wright ... so I can just buy the JP version and enjoy it the same as I would've bought the English version? No changes at all?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Does anybody know if Justice for All is being released in Japan? I would love to get me a special edition copy if it's also going to be in English.

Lee N

Membre
yayaba said:
Sorry, I'm not too versed with Phoenix Wright ... so I can just buy the JP version and enjoy it the same as I would've bought the English version? No changes at all?
The japanese version is called Gyakuten Saiban and it does indeed have english screentext.

Playasia have it for sale for $29.90 (as mentioned earlier in the thread), it's a 'best price' reprint.
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-162x-71-hk-49-en-84-j-70-1bpr.html

They also have a few figures based on the series, if you're into that sort of stuff.

PA.63885.001.jpg

PA.55124.001.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-162x-71-92-77-2-49-en-15-gyakuten+saiban-84-j-70-1dal.html
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-162x-71-92-77-2-49-en-15-gyakuten-84-j-70-16j8.html

R-User!

A_Lee_N said:
The japanese version is called Gyakuten Saiban and it does indeed have english screentext.

Playasia have it for sale for $29.90 (as mentioned earlier in the thread), it's a 'best price' reprint.
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-162x-71-hk-49-en-84-j-70-1bpr.html

They also have a few figures based on the series, if you're into that sort of stuff.

PA.63885.001.jpg

PA.55124.001.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-162x-71-92-77-2-49-en-15-gyakuten+saiban-84-j-70-1dal.html
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-162x-71-92-77-2-49-en-15-gyakuten-84-j-70-16j8.html

Cool!

Baker

Banned
Had enough time last night to make it through the first case. Holy crap is the game a blast. It's funny as hell too. Please tell me it doesn't hold your hand all the way through though.

My only question is when can you use the voice commands (and what are they)? The mic icon was at the top during the whole cross-examination but whenever I held Y and said something, nothing happened.

Since the Japanese release has the full English version on it, I'll pick it up next month in Japan. For those over there, is it still easily obtainable at most shops? What about Ouendan?

koam

The place here that had it in stock just raised their price from $54.99 to $79.99 and claim that it is out of print. $79.99 for a freaking DS game. Games here cost about $35.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
perplexcity said:
Had enough time last night to make it through the first case. Holy crap is the game a blast. It's funny as hell too. Please tell me it doesn't hold your hand all the way through though.

My only question is when can you use the voice commands (and what are they)? The mic icon was at the top during the whole cross-examination but whenever I held Y and said something, nothing happened.

Press Y and yell "Hold it" or "Objection". It's just a little gimmick if you wanna object verbally.

Top Bottom