• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purkake4

Banned
angry-travelers-guide-to-obscene-gestures.jpg

Mr. Sam

I'm from Britain and I'd laugh in someone's face if they gave me two fingers. Well, unless they were an anarchist from the 1980s.

Alx

Stabbie said:
Is the France one even correct?

Nope. you usually use the same gestures as US or Brazil.
It is possible to make the circle gesture if you use your other hand to put a finger inside the circle (you get the idea), but it's rarely done.

BTW, thanks to the above cracked link, I found this gem :
46226.jpg

Mr. Sam said:
I'm from Britain and I'd laugh in someone's face if they gave me two fingers. Well, unless they were an anarchist from the 1980s.

Its only meant to piss off the French too. Its to show that you still had your two bow fingers (that the French used to cut off if they captured an Englishman) because Englishmen were awesome with a bow and arrow.

Its weird that its stuck for all these years.

Alx

Gary Whitta said:
What's the nationality where you kinda flick your thumb under your chin, is that a real one?

it's in Italy, but you flick the whole hand (with fingertips towards the chin, and palm backward), not the thumb.

OnPoint

While the following picture is amusing in its own right, is anybody up for one of those zoom-in-on-the-face 'shops? I am not talented enough to make this one work

2iglkeo.png

JonStark said:
Clearly no one does this in France, at least since 50 years, we're America style.

We did it at school (English) but it wasn't offensive. If someone made that gesture below their waist and you looked at it, they got to punch you. I'm not sure where that came from really, its not English anyway, its an international game.

Gary Whitta said:
Agreed, this hasn't been relevant in a very long time.

A few months back I was helping my buddy's mother move out of her apt. While driving to her new house some cunt from Maryland was in front of us and hit her breaks down to 15mph to stare at a cop issuing a ticket on the side of the road. Being as we were behind her in a filled moving truck we were not happy. She changed lanes and we pulled up next to her and proceeded to 'release the dove' as I call it(simulated jacking off at her, with finish!). She became visibly angry, threw the 'two fingers' at us, and then took pictures of us with her Blackberry. My friends had no idea what it meant, I was pretty sure it was a British middle finger, but it was hilarious as shit regardless - haven't laughed that hard in many years. The fact that she's irrelevant is icing.

-

Back on topic:
ao13fa.jpg

Old, but gets me every time

Divius

Galvanise_ said:
We did it at school (English) but it wasn't offensive. If someone made that gesture below their waist and you looked at it, they got to punch you. I'm not sure where that came from really, its not English anyway, its an international game.
O

SKINNER!

Banned
Galvanise_ said:

Malcolm in the Middle?

Galvanise_ said:
Its only meant to piss off the French too. Its to show that you still had your two bow fingers (that the French used to cut off if they captured an Englishman) because Englishmen were awesome with a bow and arrow.

Its weird that its stuck for all these years.

Actually, that common held theory has been debunked a number of times (not least on an episode of QI) - they now think it originated in Victorian times and was possibly used to insult someone for being cuckolded.

Bootaaay said:
Actually, that common held theory has been debunked a number of times (not least on an episode of QI) - they now think it originated in Victorian times and was possibly used to insult someone for being cuckolded.

Interesting. I shall research further. I did like the (false) theory behind it, however.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gary Whitta said:
What's the nationality where you kinda flick your thumb under your chin, is that a real one?

I notice from the chart that France primarily embraces goatse. Not surprised.

Mr. Sam

Galvanise_ said:

I believe that was actually debunked by QI, but I digress. EDIT: I just got beaten.

So, um, pictures, eh? Um, GRAPHS!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MWS Natural said:
I mean really. The game is about to start he's clearly not paying attention to the kid and focusing on getting ready for the game. Sometimes I think people just look for ways to hate professional athletes.

I can't tell if you're watching the same gif as me. He sees the guy and changes his mind about what to do with the pants. Whatever it is, maybe a light hearted prank, maybe even some counter intuitive looking politeness, it's deliberate. Anyway, all I thought of LeBron before this was that he master-trolled the professional sporting world with the press conference.

Ten minutes of google about his personal behavior later, it seems evident he is exactly the kind of douche people in the thread are annoyed about.

Now I imagine MOST pro athletes are spoiled douches. We could fill forums and forums with rapist baseball players, rapist football players, and absolute vermin all up and down the street, but we're talking about that gif. And in that gif, LeBron is being a cock. I doubt he needs a DF or white knight.

I doubt he gives a flying fuck what we think. He revels in being a prick. Allow us to revel in hating him for it.

I spent ten years hating Favre, and I need to move on to a new target. Let me spread my wings and fly.

Kapura

Banned
Todd Bertuzzi, currently of the Detroit Red Wings, punched another player in the back of the head when he wouldn't fight, and proceeded to fall on top of him. I hate him plenty. Everybody should!

Kapura said:
Todd Bertuzzi, currently of the Detroit Red Wings, punched another player in the back of the head when he wouldn't fight, and proceeded to fall on top of him. I hate him plenty. Everybody should!
Everybody is.

MNC

shadowcomplex said:
not cool. his dog shortly died after.
Oh. It's this guy.

I really do wonder if people like you actually think they're going to be funny by repeating something that has been repeated multiple times.

ronito

MNC said:
Oh. It's this guy.

I really do wonder if people like you actually think they're going to be funny by repeating something that has been repeated multiple times.
Yeah it's not funny. The meme hasn't died yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom