• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pictures and videos of surgeries [NSFW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why or when it started, but as I sit her and watch skin reduction surgeries on Embaressing Fat Bodies on the telly, I find myself being quite fascinated and unable to tear away my gaze.

My favorite is any surgery in which strange little fat globules are revealed, but I hate cysts and fluid filled abscesses. Any heart-related surgery is also pretty neat.

Couple of videos and pictures:

Ross surgery

SRS (M-t-F)

Tummy tuck (I love how they fix up the belly button!)

I guess you should probably link to any surgery pictures, but I've thrown a NSFW tag on the thread anyway just in case.

So yeah, anyone else got interesting pictures and videos? :D

Grinchy

Banned
I find this insanely interesting. The tummy tuck video is pretty crazy. I can't imagine voluntarily going through a surgery like that...

I'm not even going to get into the dick-to-vagina surgery. I don't even know how these doctors know what they're looking at during the procedure. It just looks like mangled flesh.

Iksenpets

Banned
i84mFO1LTeE1I.gif

The spagetti worm removal video was shown to me in high school and it ruined me, grossest thing ever, never having pork.

I remember the doctors where laughing their asses off surprised that they kept finding more and more worms, I think the patient died.

Shiv47

Our cable system years ago used to have some educational channel that shows videos of surgeries. I could never understand the appeal, to be honest. Seeing those pus-draining videos is horrible enough, not gonna watch heavy duty shit.

rando14

Our cable system years ago used to have some educational channel that shows videos of surgeries. I could never understand the appeal, to be honest. Seeing those pus-draining videos is horrible enough, not gonna watch heavy duty shit.

Bah, draining abscesses is the boring stuff

A gore thread on NeoGAF... never thought the day would come...

EDIT: 2:00 mark on the Tummy Tuck video... I'm not going to sleep tonight.

EDIT: 3:00 mark ARGHHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOOOOD

EDIT: Well this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in the long end. Truly amazing how this is done. I love how they "fixed" the belly button. And lol @ the jazz music in the background, it's just routine for them!

It's really interesting how we are fixing our bodies by cutting and sewing stuff together.
I'm just interested in how such a violent course of action is actually a form of healing.

hym

Banned
I'm interested in anatomy so I watched my fair share of surgeries from the removal of tumors in a brain to heart transplants, but I can't watch sex reassignment surgeries, it's like my testicles go into panic mode and try to hide, physically painful to watch.

Bossun

The Ross one is fascinating. Seeing the heart beating like that is fascinating.

The sex change is painful... Can they get wet naturally? Do they feel the same thing as natural women?

Thoraxes

There was a really cool video with a heart transplant while two doctors took questions from an audience as they rolled footage, detailing the procedure the whole way through.

My fav. part is how they actually removed the old heart and managed to keep the body functioning. Shit was amazing.

I thought it too was really fascinating OP, and I too have no idea why I like watching people get opened up and operated on.

It's this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOBWMITf3co

There was a really cool video with a heart transplant while two doctors took questions from an audience as they rolled footage, detailing the procedure the whole way through.

My fav. part is how they actually removed the old heart and managed to keep the body functioning. Shit was amazing.

I thought it too was really fascinating OP, and I too have no idea why I like watching people get opened up and operated on.

It's this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOBWMITf3co
It's just a shame that a lot of surgery videos are in pretty low resolution.
Makes it harder to make out the essential details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom