• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pictures and videos that make your hands sweat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

I'll admit that I have a major fear of heights but for some reason I really enjoy pictures like these. Probably because these guys are beyond crazy in my eyes and do stuff that boggles my mind. Do people like this simply have zero fear or they're just able to handle it a hell of a lot better than some of us?

Anyways, just wanted to share and see how many out there are like me and enjoy looking at stuff like this yet won't get close to a window on a 2nd floor or higher of a building.

Post some you find that really make your hands sweat.

G4ppSHI.jpg

2HR6etf.jpg

3vGVEqK.jpg

cmBfvTW.jpg

mrkgoo

That first pic gets my palms sweating because I hate how HDR is overused to the point where you see halos around objects such as that building.

I will never understand people putting themselves at that much risk for insta death.

Seems like the worst kind of stupid no matter the reasoning.

Xe4

Banned
This is the one that I saw way back in a climbing magazine. I'll never forget it. Came with an excellent story as well. The name of the route is Separate Reality, if anyone's wondering.

Heinz_Zak_freesolo_in_Se_Kopie-2.jpg

Kadin

I'm surprised that I don't hear about deaths from this. Part of me want to believe it is all fake.
Yeah I stumbled across a video a while back of some bystander watching someone way high up climb out on some scaffolding and the guy then made a misstep and tumbled down towards the Earth. It was far enough away that I was able to watch but luckily didn't see the end result.

Dio

Banned
Yeah I stumbled across a video a while back of some bystander watching someone way high up climb out on some scaffolding and the guy then made a misstep and tumbled down towards the Earth. It was far enough away that I was able to watch but luckily didn't see the end result.

Yeah, there are enough "fuck ups" where people do things of this nature and fall to their death on Liveleak. I won't link them here.

Do y'all's hands actually sweat looking at pictures or is it just a figure of speech? I can't immerse myself enough into a photo or animated gif to the point it makes me feel anxious.

Dio

Banned
Do y'all's hands actually sweat looking at pictures or is it just a saying?

Not really pictures, more video and GIFs for me but yes, my hands and soles of my feet start to sweat a little as I imagine myself in that situation.

Then again, I think about falling out of the airplane for 30,000 feet when I'm flying. I'm not phobic of flying or anything, I just think about the worst a little too much.

Kadin

Do y'all's hands actually sweat looking at pictures or is it just a figure of speech?
They full on sweat for me. Not to the point where they're dripping but enough to where I have to dry them off on my shirt or something.

To me it's an immediate reaction. If it doesn't happen within a second of viewing a picture, it probably won't happen. With videos like these, just about every one will make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom