• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Secret Code Revealed

JoeM86

From Miiverse
Hello! Shigeru Miyamoto of Nintendo here. As promised, I'm here to tell you how to make use of the special code you've obtained if you've managed to find all ten of the secret data files.
During their latest treasure-hunting adventure, Captain Olimar and his Hocotatian crew recorded a series of secret Expedition Logs, and entering the special code allows you to access them! The secret data files are hidden in various locations.
If you haven't yet found them all, don't give up. Keep on searching!
♦ To view the Expedition Logs, select the blue internet browser symbol below, and enter the special code when prompted. Please note that the Expedition Logs can only be viewed using the Wii U console's internet browser.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/pikpiksecret/
I haven't personally got the last two codes yet so I can't test it out. Anyone able to?

Edit: Report
It's a 43 second video, I just watched it.

Features Olimar detailing why he's on planet, collecting treasure etc.
Then Louie features being chased by monsters with Pikmin dying.
Then it ends with Olimar saying that the local wildlife aren't laying out the red carpet for them.

That's it. Possible DLC hint? Seemed to feature a new area.

Interesting. Are they videos? I guess if they are and you can only access them on the Wii U browser, it makes it harder to upload them to Miiverse and spoil the surprises?

Rubixcuba

Banned

Then it ends with Olimar saying that the local wildlife aren't laying out the red carpet for them.

I watched the japanese version, having the same content as you mentioned.
It's just somehow 8 sec longer.
Louie is chased by bees, right?

Yes. Yes. YES.

Featuring white and purple Pikmin and the lost 4th Captain from Kopai.

wiiupikmin3characters.jpg

Yagharek

Speaking of hidden things in the Tropical themed level, does anyone know what the (item on the map spoiler)
cardboard box in the Eastern section is doing there? It has a number 20 on it, but no Pikmin will do anything with it.

JoeInky

Speaking of hidden things in the Tropical themed level, does anyone know what the (item on the map spoiler)
cardboard box in the Eastern section is doing there? It has a number 20 on it, but no Pikmin will do anything with it.

It's the one you pushed at the start of the game when you only had alph.

So the secret memo's still don't explain anything about the drake crash then? Pretty sure there's going to be a prequel DLC where you play as olimar and louie now.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Apparently there's multiple of these? They just posted a second one:

http://youtu.be/F7bXfDOAtCQ

Still pretty lame...

That video again is different from mine, so definitely multiple of these exist.
The level in that video has the waterfall from Tropical Wilds with Louie fighting a Peckish Aristocrab in a location close to where the spaceship lands, so not in the location where it can be found in the level.

Think it's becoming painfully obvious that DLC will be "Olimar + Louie Adventure", as the section of the video in which you see Louie looks awfully like gameplay footage.

Further, the whole "We found a key! Must no treasure cheat!", combined with other video which says "We need to find treasure because the company in debt", suggests DLC revolving around treasure collecting.

Yagharek

IF DLC is a thing, Pikmin is one of the few games I'll jump right in for based solely on how long its been between series entries. Assuming it is substantial of course.

YEAR OF LOUIE!

IF DLC is a thing, Pikmin is one of the few games I'll jump right in for based solely on how long its been between series entries. Assuming it is substantial of course.

YEAR OF LOUIE!

Year of Louie is brilliant. And I agree about DLC. I'm not a fan, but considering we'll have to wait another nine years for Pikmin, I'm willing to buy in.

sammex

How do I get to see my code without repeating the last day? I have all 10 collected but didn't write it down. Now it won't let me start my completed game so I can't check.

Darryl

Banned
they probably had lots of free time with pikmin 3 being moved out of launch window so they built bingo battle as extra content and began work on this dlc at same time. could be some hints in bingo battle about what they're going after, i haven't played it cause amazon is taking fucking forever to ship my copy.

i just read they brought captain olimar back for bingo battle, is that true? that'd be pretty convincing evidence that this louie + olimar dlc is what is happening. i doubt they built his model into the game just for a side mode.

JoeInky

i just read they brought captain olimar back for bingo battle, is that true? that'd be pretty convincing evidence that this louie + olimar dlc is what is happening. i doubt they built his model into the game just for a side mode.

Olimar, Louie, purple pikmin and white pikmin are all playable in the side missions.

I've been thinking for a while that they were going to do prequel DLC where you play as olimar and louie with rock pikmin and flying pikmin replaced by white and purples.

There hasn't been any rock or flying following louie in the videos has there?

A key huh... like the key that opened another dimension in Pikmin 2 perhaps (challenge mode)

The key he's referring to is the cosmic drive key for the drake

Top Bottom