• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pilot bans political talk on flight after passengers fight over election results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gross and upsetting story. Just another addition to the "please tolerate the racist" list

We live in a country where people can get kicked off a plane because their skin color makes people nervous, but racist intimidation gets "WOAH everybody just settle down and shut yer yaps." Didn't even single him out as the aggressor despite him reducing this poor woman to tears.

And people cheered. Disgusting.

Crayon

Everyone wants to be bothered as little as possible. The pilot handled this in the most convenient way possible and it's not impressive. This will be the death of us.

Kinyou

Sounds like the pilot supports Trump too, based on what he said. It's cool that he defused the situation but I'm not throwing out confetti for his ass

Edit he didn't kick he aggressor off either
I'm not sure what exactly about his words makes him a Trump supporter. We also don't know how much he actually knew about the situation. Maybe he was just told that people were arguing about politics.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I'm not sure what exactly about his words makes him a Trump supporter. We also don't know how much he actually knew about the situation. Maybe he was just told that people were arguing about politics.

I believe this is what happened. The time between taxiing from the gate and takeoff is one the most critical parts of aircraft operation. Any communication between the cabin crew and the flight deck at that time would've been very brief.

UA does it with Muslim passengers all the time.
Muslims or Arabic looking people get ejected all the time for less.
You can google "United airlines muslim" and see the number of times when they've kicked Muslims off flights for literally doing nothing, yet a white dude possibly trying to incite something keeps an indirect talking to over the PA system
well shit, I did not know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom